Same Story, Different Year!!

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 823
Almost 20 years later after "Blackhawk Down", this is happening again.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=14238393

Well the things people need to consider is if the shoe was on the other foot, would they help us? Or just cheer and laugh as we suffered....oh wait...didn't they already do that with the dead bodies of the american soldiers?

The food we do give them is stolen, sold or taken by corrupt guards... they can't even help themselves when we provide for them.

We need to hand out birth control! People are always starving in Africa... Let the rich Saudis take care of them. USA can't even afford to feed her own people. How much of that 14 trillion dollar debt has been supporting other nations?!!?!?

My question is: is the Somali President who visited the camps also going without food and are his children dying? No?

Then where is he getting his food from and why isn't that same food feeding those who are dying?

Why is it that the US is the worst country in the world till people need something, then suddenly the US is suppose to fix, give, etc.???

Almost 20 years later, their situation has not improved and this is not just SUDDEN, they been going through this every year since 1992 - the media is just now reporting about it again!!

I say we let them fight their own battles this time!!

Before we sent risk the life of one US Soldier again, let's not forget about this:

<b>contains graphic images but we need to be reminded not to make the same mistake again</b>

http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/u-s-marine-dragged-through-mogadishu/

it's like the situation in Libya.

many of the people in the Middle East love to call the U.S.A. "The Great Satan", "Death To America" and blow us up but then Libya happens, who do they call?

They have their own armed forces and Air Forces, most of their Air Forces warplanes are purchased from the USA and Russia, YET they won't take care of their own problem!!

They call the USA and NATO for help and who is paying for the $1 Billion dollar a week cost?

Then after we take care of Libya for us, they will go back to calling us "The Great Satan" and "Death To America" and send terrorists to kill our innocent women and children!!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Both links seem dead, @j7.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    Both links seem dead, @j7.
    fixed!

I am not against helping people but we tried that route once and it didn't get any results - you can't help people that have a corrupted government who is keeping them from getting helped

furthermore, there are millions of unemployed people and homeless people in the USA and also in Europe.

We need to take care of our own first - I don't see other NON-E.U. countries going out of their way to help the USA, Greece, Spain, Italy, UK, etc etc

p.s. I also think it's time to get rid of the U.N. too, they are useless!!

before anyone complains about the graphic images - let me remind you they are posting Red Band Trailers and Trailers that contain foul language, violence, blood, sexual situation, etc, HERE:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/998/coming-soon-to-cinemas-near-you-the-upcoming-films-thread-tintin-2nd-trailer-on-page-2-/p4#Item_118

So if you find those Mogadishu images offensive, you should say the same about the movie trailers