I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2021 Posts: 4,554
    cwl007 wrote: »
    True, there is definitely a resemblance between Craig and McQueen.

For sure. I watched Bullit again late last year and in some scenes the resemblance is uncanny. Not just the face but McQueen's physicality is similar to Craig's at times too.
    There's a biopic starring DC waiting to be made there.

Craig has no doubt stolen a lot of his fashion sense from McQueen. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!

qosit-steve1.jpg?resize=664%2C275

Rachel-Weisz-Daniel-Craig-held-hands-Paris.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Watching Spectre tonight on the telly I saw something I'd not noticed before: when Bond's wristwatch bomb goes off you can actually see Blofeld's eye go spattering across the floor in a bloody mess. Urgh! :D
    mtm wrote: »
    Watching Spectre tonight on the telly I saw something I'd not noticed before: when Bond's wristwatch bomb goes off you can actually see Blofeld's eye go spattering across the floor in a bloody mess. Urgh! :D

I just played it on slo-mo and paused it. You're right @mtm !!!!!
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart

People missed that?! I remember the first time I saw it in the cinema: when that little splatter happens, I got all giddy knowing they were doing an eye scar. Love it!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I must keep an eye out for it ;)

People missed that?! I remember the first time I saw it in the cinema: when that little splatter happens, I got all giddy knowing they were doing an eye scar. Love it!

I did. Apparently, it was never something I focused on! LOL
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Never heard about or seen this bloody eye mess. I will check it, too. Interesting. I was already disappointed that they cut the other eye scene at the SP meeting. Funny that I didn't realise the other “violent eye treatment“.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Quite a few trims: the brain drills were gone too.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    You have to wonder how Blofeld recovers so quickly from having his face mutilated and losing an eye. We are talking what? 24 to 48 hours later when Bond is in London working with M and co?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well he's not even had time to put a plaster on it :)
    NicNac wrote: »
    You have to wonder how Blofeld recovers so quickly from having his face mutilated and losing an eye. We are talking what? 24 to 48 hours later when Bond is in London working with M and co?

If you call that recovering... I'm not an expert and I understand it should still be bandaged and tumefied, but it doesn't exactly look healed or an old wound. And I'm not sure Blofeld is the kind of man to strictly follow his doctor's advices.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Just watching Dr No and I noticed when Bond and Honey are being 'de-radioactivated' Bond's watch disappears after he takes his shirt off, then reappears when he goes to meet Dr No. Was Bond wearing a radioactive Rolex...? 😁
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ha! Well probably: watches were slightly radioactive back then! :)
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

That's OK then 😄
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

That's OK then 😄

Well I’m sure you’re right though! Sounds like a mistake I certainly hadn’t spotted before 😄
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Just watching Golden Gun. I'm convinced that the gunslinger dummy that comes out of the saloon in the PTS is Roger Moore. Looks just like him. The moustache and shadow across his eyes helps disguise him but unmistakable.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    As far as I know Roger did play the Wax cowboy and His own Wax figure.
    Just watching Golden Gun. I'm convinced that the gunslinger dummy that comes out of the saloon in the PTS is Roger Moore. Looks just like him. The moustache and shadow across his eyes helps disguise him but unmistakable.

It does look like it could be!

Y2Ipalz.png
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Blimey, after all these years, didn't know that. Thanks.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’ve always thought it was but I never really understood why.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Interesting. Is the Bond likeness an attempt by Nick Nack to trick Scaramanga into firing bullets?
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I'm guessing they just needed an extra person to play a wax dummy that day and Sir Rog was on set.
    Or in story, Scaramanga has such a fixation with Bond he ordered a job lot of Bond dummies and peppers them around his island.😅
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 1,469
    I always thought that too but I just checked IMDb and according to them anyway, "Cowboy in Fun House" (uncredited) was played by Leslie Crawford. There is some resemblance to Roger, and he was even in some Saint episodes. Here are some photos, and it seems to me Roger had more of a pronounced dimple in his chin.
    https://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=53169
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2021 Posts: 14,973
    Thrasos wrote: »
    I always thought that too but I just checked IMDb and according to them anyway, "Cowboy in Fun House" (uncredited) was played by Leslie Crawford. There is some resemblance to Roger, and he was even in some Saint episodes. Here are some photos, and it seems to me Roger had more of a pronounced dimple in his chin.

Ah thank you: yes it certainly looks more like Mr Crawford when you see photos of him next to the cowboy- his ears stick out a bit more than Roger and the nose certainly matches up.

Odd to cast someone who looks so much like Moore.
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 1,469
    Okay here we go, and this may answer some questions about the resemblance. Crawford was Roger's stunt double for this film and LALD and also did stunts in From Russia With Love and Diamonds Are Forever. IMDb also says he played a Waiter in OHMSS.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Interesting, glad I posted my spot earlier. Learn something new every day.👍
    Okay here we go, and this may answer some questions about the resemblance. Crawford was Roger's stunt double for this film and LALD and also did stunts in From Russia With Love and Diamonds Are Forever. IMDb also says he played a Waiter in OHMSS.

This also might explain why the gunfighter's face is so hidden. Don't confuse the audience by showing his stunt double.

Ah thank you: yes it certainly looks more like Mr Crawford when you see photos of him next to the cowboy- his ears stick out a bit more than Roger and the nose certainly matches up.

Odd to cast someone who looks so much like Moore.

It reminds of the PTS of FRWL, when they had to recast Bond's double because the actor looked too much like Sean Connery.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    echo wrote: »

This also might explain why the gunfighter's face is so hidden. Don't confuse the audience by showing his stunt double.

As opposed to AVTAK where the exact opposite philosophy was taken.🤣
    echo wrote: »

As opposed to AVTAK where the exact opposite philosophy was taken.🤣

LOL!