Roger Moore wins damages over grope claims

edited May 2015 in Actors Posts: 1,552
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32721988

The actor Sir Roger Moore has accepted undisclosed libel damages over claims that he groped a woman while shooting James Bond film For Your Eyes Only.

The 87-year-old also received an apology and his legal costs over a story that appeared in the Daily Mail and on Mail Online in October 2014.
The article reported claims in an Australian magazine that the actor had groped a 21-year-old woman.

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The accuser deserves to be jailed for such damaging lies against one of the most genuinely nicest human beings in this world. With all the nonsense that the likes of Boy George, Savil and Harris got up to, to lie about such a serious offence against a gentle soul in Moore is disgusting. The man is afraid of his own shadow for crying out loud. Some people are sick.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Really pleased for Sir Roger. =D>
    I wouldn't say Old Rog has always been "Mr Nice Guy" during his life time. It's well known that he fooled around and I even heard him say that he (to paraphrase) made his way through the girls at RADA.

That said no one else knows other than himself and the accuser whether this incident actually happened.
    I slept with many girls when I was at Uni, which is normal but that doesn't mean I'm indecent or predatory enough to go around being a sex pest and groping my female coworkers.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I'm not saying that Moore is a "predator" or anything like that. I've never heard of any other complaints from actor colleagues. It's just that to say he's "afraid of his own shadow" is a bit of an exaggeration.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Roger Moore should have slept with 100 000 women, fuelling our species with the Roger Moore gene known as "I-brow 007". The Homo Rogerus Moorissimus would bring peace and sanity to the peoples of Earth.
    I'm sure Rog lives up to his name ;)
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,661
    His eyebrows are sexual beasts! Roar!

;))
    In a recent TV interview, she described Sir Roger as "adorable" and "gorgeous" and said she had had "the best time" shooting her small role as a woman James Bond bumps into while entering a flower shop in Cortina.

It was an epic role indeed. The best 'woman entering a shop' acting I've ever seen. :P
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I'm not saying that Moore is a "predator" or anything like that. I've never heard of any other complaints from actor colleagues. It's just that I think that to say he's "afraid of his own shadow" is a bit of an exaggeration.

I put my hands up and admit that was a bit of an exaggeration lol.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He is afraid his shadow may grope him.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Debbie Newsome did an admirable job in her small-part Bond Girl role in FYEO.
    She's credited as Girl in Cortina.
    Not quite as meaty a part, as say Robbin Young as Flower Shop Girl, whom she shares her scene with, nor as fullsome as Maureen Bennett's memorable coffee-serving efforts as Sharon, Q's Assistant, but still, her bumping-into-Rog work, ranks I think just a notch above the efforts of the many pool girls,that we saw earlier.
    Newsome did have to work (bump) directly with Rog.
    Bouquet, Lyn Holly Johnson ( who was older than she played) Cassandra Harris, Maureen Bennett, Robbin Young, Newsome and pool girls, made for a decent FYEO Bond Girl showing.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It was clearly not the girl who complained - she has different memories of working with him. So who was the accuser?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Shame on the Daily Mail - not the first time they have accused Sir Roger of something. Glad to hear that the great man cleared his name and won damages for libel.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Good. About time that there are repercussions for blatantly false libelous 'stories'. I'm so tired of hack reporters and pathetic predators looking for publicity or money at the expense of innocent others.
    Great news.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    It's funny how I'm on FYEO right now in my Bondathon
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Good news. This woman was clearly just a money grabbing/ attention seeking scutter.
    Problem nowadays is that if you're accused of a sexual crime the presumption of innocence does not exist anymore. So it opens the door to all sorts of abuses.