Heroes (2006-2010, 2015)

Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
in General Movies & TV Posts: 7,854
Anybody wanna talk about Heroes? I do.

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I watched the original series. The cast of that was good. Sylar always scared the crap outta me though. I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch the new one yet.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Loved Season 1 one of the best seasons of any TV show. Season 2 I thought was good, obviously with writers strike the second part of season 2 was during the very long season 3. The latter part of season 3 is where it started to go down hill for me, season 4 obvbiosly suffered from budget cuts and every aspect of the show just seemed lacking for me. Though the proposed new show I will watch for sure if and when it arrives.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I only started watching Heroes last year, actually. I went to my local library, and checked out the first two discs of season 1 because I wanted to start at the beginning, and then I went to the Goodwill on the other side of town and, lo and behold, there was a copy of the entire first season. I stood there, thinking the whole time "Should I buy it? I just checked it out at the library, haven't even watched it yet, should I really buy a whole season of a show I don't even know if I like yet?"

Luckily, my love of anything super hero and the knowledge that season 1 was pretty much a universal hit with the world, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the season. By about the second episode, I was hooked and knew I'd made the right decision in buying the season. By the end of the first season, I'd ordered the second on Amazon, and went on to later order seasons 3 and 4 not a week after that.

Now, my biggest regret is that I didn't watch the show as it aired, because I would love to read the later season digital comics (I also bought both trade paperback volumes of the comics that are available), and they are sadly unavailable now.

I do, honestly, wonder if my decision to start watching Heroes was kickstarted by the announcement of Heroes Reborn, because the show had been announced by the time I started buying and watching the show.

I've heard a lot about the seasonal rot that the show went through in seasons 3/4, but I really saw no seasonal rot, and I wonder if the fact that I saw the show on DVD, with no week long breaks between episodes (in fact, only week long breaks between seasons) has anything to do with this. The latter half of season 3 is one of my favorite parts of the show, actually, with the government hunting down super people (which seems to be the theme of Heroes Reborn, if the article I read on IGN is any indication).
    The original premise was good, the first season got off to a great start but somewhere along the way it got...Lost?
    It jumped the shark in Season2 with Hiro going all medieval and the show never regained its early success..
    It was a surprise hit and the creators and writers did not know what to do...
    It at that point that they knew they had screwed up....

RIP "Heroes"
    Be interesting to see how they take this new series - I'm not going in with too much anticipation, low expectations either = pleasant surprise or your low expectations met.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree. Season 1 was tv gold. One of the most interesting things to ever hit the small screen imho. Perfectly cast too. Moody & dark, with great music.

It's such a shame that it took an unfortunate detour with the Kensei nonsense in season 2 & the carnival rubbish in season 4.

I still have enough goodwill towards the series due to the brilliant opening season to give the new one a watch. I hope they are able to rekindle that magic again.
    Loved the first season. Season 2 far less. Then lost interest during season 3. Didn't even finish it.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432

Heroes Reborn teaser...Edited! My bad, just realised it was the Superbowl trailer.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    They're reviving Heroes? I did watch all seasons. That last one, with the circus and whatnot, failed to impress me. So they better return strong or not at all.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Heroes Reborn teaser...Edited! My bad, just realised it was the Superbowl trailer.

Dammit, man, I had my hopes up.
    Sorry! X_X very much hoping Reborn is akin to series 1 and 2.
    What's everyone's thoughts on the first two episodes?