Q Gadgets?

edited July 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 289
What Q should be makes is concelled LOW-tech gadgets, like the brief case, there is a great scene in Star Trek where two Klingons assemble two blasters from bits and pieces of their uniforms, brilliant!

Rather than High Tech should be low tech stuff...Rosa's Shoe...

Comments

• I think that's a great idea...I do agree with what Craig said in a recent interview about how gadgets are everywhere now. Instead of having to push things so far to make them impressive (invisible car) I like the idea of concealment.

When I was younger I thought that Dalton's key-ring finder was the most impressive gadget, simply because it was hidden in plain sight and so perfectly practical. I was hoping it would become a regular part of Dalton's tenure.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,782
    Bond has never had a moustache....Q had one in LTK and that hid him in plain sight. I think DC should be given one when he wants to blend in or stay aloof.

He can hide them anywhere - he can even put one on his eyebrow which follows your brief of hiding gadgets in plain sight and of course it is low tech and best of all no batteries.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Bond has never had a moustache.
    http://screenmusings.org/Octopussy/pages/Oct_006.htm

aaaah you clever clogs - i never watch RM's efforts. Let's say DC's Bond - so there na na na neh neh.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    i never watch RM's efforts.
    [-( You're missing quite something... Moore's the best !!
    "Torro? Sounds like a load of bull" I agree DC. Moore is the man. Especially in OP
    I know this doesn't have much to do with gadgets but who else loved the Octopussy pre-credit sequence. One of my three favorites along with CR and Moonraker. Moore's Bond comes off more as a spy there than any other time. Plus that mini jet is one of the coolest things I've ever scene.
    I know this doesn't have much to do with gadgets but who else loved the Octopussy pre-credit sequence. One of my three favorites along with CR and Moonraker. Moore's Bond comes off more as a spy there than any other time. Plus that mini jet is one of the coolest things I've ever scene.
    "Fill her in, please !" Classic Sir Rog !!

It's "Fill her up, Please" ;-)
    knife in the heel, poison holding cuff links, saw in belt buckle...etc

hidden pockets....

fiberglass/ceramic blade hidden in shoulder rank or hat brim, rope from military uniform becomes the handle wrapping....to create a nasty escape knife :)

a spear hidden in a bicycle...
    Hidden Pockets reserved in the shoe heel for (if there ever is) the young bond films
    As for concealment, one of Q's best was the homer device fitting into the heel of Bond's shoe in Goldfinger. Definately a place that no one would consider suspicious.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited July 2011 Posts: 106
    R should return w/ more bevrage holders .
    NOooooooooooooooo

Now for a 400th post celebration

\:D/ :bz \:D/ :bz \:D/ :bz \:D/ :bz \:D/ :bz \:D/ :bz \:D/ :bz
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    congrats I will be there soon