What Culture - things the new teaser trailer got wrong.

royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
in SPECTRE Posts: 4,422
http://whatculture.com/film/spectre-5-things-the-new-james-bond-trailer-got-wrong.php

Ironically, that's the stuff I enjoyed most. Is this what most people are thinking, aside from loyal Bond aficionados?

Discuss.

P.S - no spoilers!

Comments

I don't think so. The author seems like a real stick-in-the-mud.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I have to agree with the 'sequel' comments of the author.
    By Bond entering 'M's old style office via Moneypenny's ante-room at the end of SkyFall the series was wiping the slate clean, so to speak. It was a very clear statement of intent.

Having the SP trailer immediately hark back to SF & QoS isn't a great move & comes across as very contradictory and inconsistent, in my opinion. I hope my misgivings are unfounded…
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 5,767
    What a load of crap. Typical badly-informed internet rubbish.
    Especially the
    way the theme tune is presented in the teaser I found genius. Not only does it sound very nice and moody, I also found it instantly recognizable. Probably the best and most original theme variation since 1987 or so.

AceHole wrote: »
    I have to agree with the 'sequel' comments of the author.
    By Bond entering 'M's old style office via Moneypenny's ante-room at the end of SkyFall the series was wiping the slate clean, so to speak. It was a very clear statement of intent.

Having the SP trailer immediately hark back to SF & QoS isn't a great move & comes across as very contradictory and inconsistent, in my opinion. I hope my misgivings are unfounded…
    Yes and no. Technically, yeah, sure. But then I found it more contradictory to establish a rookie Bond in CR and QOS who "still makes mistakes" and such nonsense, and then immediately follow that with a seasoned, worn-out Bond who appears to have lost most of what he hadn´t even yet gained in CR and QOS. Or a Bond film that doesn´t get tired of praising the old ways, yet is itself probably the least traditional Bond film to date.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Personally I found the return of Mr White and the SPECTRE boardroom very pleasing, and intriguing, indeed.

But what of general movie goers? Is it likely to stir up interest?
    This review is unfair on many levels: yes QOS was not a veyr popular Bond, it was hardly considered the worst one: the reviews were mixed. Also, it was still a hit. And what people disliked about it had nothing to do with the criminal organization that was first featured in CR and that was baptized Quantum later. Making allusions to the past movies, especially the two most popular ones (CR and SF, because yes, Mr White was also in CR) makes perfect sense. Especially since SP is about... SPECTRE, a recurring criminal organization in the early Bond movies that also brought a sense of continuity to them.
    Spectre going to be the costliest movie of the franchise, after seeing there few couple of behind the scene images I can expect to see speedboats and motorbike chase except of Mexico opening thrilling opening scene, and midnight car chase scene in Rome. They are also bringing Bond's old school villain Blofeld back probably, I am pretty much sure that Sp going to be a mega-hit movie!