50 Years Of Movie Posters out of print?!?

sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
in Merchandise Posts: 260
I bought one of these at Christmas from Amazon, returned because it was damaged. Neglected to reorder until now and they seem to be saying no longer available. Can someone please confirm I missed out on this gorgeous tome?

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Which Amazon are you using? US is saying they have some....
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 260
    I can order from either US or Canada, but both are only showing availability from 3rd party (not Amazon proper)...and those are either used or ridiculously overpriced new.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 260
    Yea I saw that, but I wonder if it will in fact be the same thing just without hardcover, or some shrunk down, annotated version.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 260
    Anyone have any information on the upcoming paperback version? I've been trying to find out what the dimensions will be but Amazon doesn't know and Chapters is quoting the same overall size as the hardcover (which seems suspect since they are also quoting 1/6 the weight). I also wonder if the content will be pretty much the same, or a subset.

With DK getting folded (somewhere) between Penguin and Random House, so far I haven't found anyone who knows anything.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    sunsanvil wrote: »
    Anyone have any information on the upcoming paperback version? I've been trying to find out what the dimensions will be but Amazon doesn't know and Chapters is quoting the same overall size as the hardcover (which seems suspect since they are also quoting 1/6 the weight). I also wonder if the content will be pretty much the same, or a subset.

With DK getting folded (somewhere) between Penguin and Random House, so far I haven't found anyone who knows anything.

What caught my eye is the number of pages. There are about 20 more than the original edition I own. That can't be because it includes Spectre material, otherwise the title of the book would make no sense. I'm guessing it's because the dimensions are smaller so they need more pages to showcase all the posters. That's just a guess, mind you.
    Update: I was able to reach the editor at DK who asserts that the softcover edition will in fact be the same overall page size with all the original content plus additions to the Skyfall chapter and a single Spectre poster. Paper quality "should be the same" he said. No slipcase or novelty inserts of course.

Sounds promising as I think the hardcover was a victim of its own prodigious mass. Only thing which might not workout well, assuming perfect bound format, will be the British Quads which span two pages (since typically you cant fully open perfect bound without damaging it).
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Shoot! Now I want that edition too. Dang you Bond.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Shoot! Now I want that edition too. Dang you Bond.
    Yup. It's sell for cheap, so there's that at least.