A wunderful combined hommage/review of "Dr No" and the "SPECTRE"-trailer

in SPECTRE Posts: 11,119
I just read this article, and I didn't know where to post it. I think it deserves it's own topic. Usually the critical movibles Indiewire isn't that much interested in blockbusters. Hence why I like this review even more:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/flashback-dr-no-and-the-birth-the-unkillable-james-bond-franchise-20150403

Comments

Good article. For those of us who saw DN when it was first released into theaters, we knew we were seeing something unique, thus our frequent disappointment at the often poor directions the series turned. DC is the first Bond to make me not long for SC.
    Same for me. Many fans underestimate it now. But I'm pretty certain that in twenty years from now we are talking about two "golden era's of Bond":
    --> The Connery era, &
    --> The Craig era

The Bond producers always managed to keep the franchise popular and succesful. The difference with the Craig era is, that the franchise is not just succesful, but it also has become as hot and crazy as when GF and TB premiered in the 1960's.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Interesting. That article about the five worst Bond films, too.
    (MR, DAF, LTK, DAD, QOS)
    (MR, DAF, LTK, DAD, QOS)

Do you....tend to agree with those films being the worst?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    (MR, DAF, LTK, DAD, QOS)

Do you....tend to agree with those films being the worst?

No, that would be CR67 and the Brosnan films. If I have to pick an EON film, MR or AVTAK.