Daniel Craig lied to land movie roles

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited July 2011 in News Posts: 13,350
DANIEL Craig has revealed how he used to lie in order to land movie roles.

The British movie hunk says he would assure movie bosses he was a skilled horseman so as not to miss out on certain roles when in fact he barely knew one end of a horse from the other.

“The horse movies I had done before had so little money that I didn’t have the chance to practice,” says Craig, who is now adept at riding and showing it off in Cowboys & Aliens.

“I would just turn up to shoot and get on a horse pretending to know what I was doing — sometimes just to get the part. But I was on a horse every day for two weeks before we started shooting this movie so by the end, had I had the land, I would have bought a horse!”

Meanwhile, Craig — who tied the knot with actress Rachel Weisz last month in a surprise low-key ceremony — has insisted he will never reveal what happened on his wedding day.

“I did it secretly — I can’t tell you how I pulled it off. My private life is incredibly important to me, and certainly that aspect of it is more than incredibly important to me,” he said.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/235830/daniel-craig-lied-to-land-movie-roles.html

Comments

• edited July 2011 Posts: 886
    I believe he stated this many many years ago as well, nothing new and I would hazard a guess that most actors do this.
    Law of the jungle.
    Lie, improvise then learn.
    Heck isn't it what most people do anyway?
  • Yep, it's what every actor does...I once told a director that I could do a certain accent and, unbelievably, he didn't ask me to demonstrate! Gave me time to learn how to do it in time for the callbacks :-)
    Meanwhile, Craig — who tied the knot with actress Rachel Weisz last month in a surprise low-key ceremony — has insisted he will never reveal what happened on his wedding day.

“I did it secretly — I can’t tell you how I pulled it off. My private life is incredibly important to me, and certainly that aspect of it is more than incredibly important to me,” he said.
    Good luck, DC - as Rowan Atkinson once said, the only thing that is harder than not talking about your private life is not talking about why you're not talking about your private life.