UK Driver's License question

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited July 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 823
I was reading the Trivia on IMDB for the 1969 Italian Job with Michael Caine and it said Caine didn't have a driver's license so he is not seen driving any cars in the film.

Also, on the Trivia on IMDB for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, it said that Rosie Huntington Whiteley is never seen driving the Mercedes SL6 because she doesn't have a driver's license.

Then, I remember the news made a big deal a few months ago when Harry Potter's Emma Watson just got her driver's license.

Here in the USA, by the time a kid turns 15, that's one of the first thing they do is go get a "hardship/permit" driver's license.

The kind that allows you to drive only when you are either going to school, going to school related events, going to an after school part time job or have a licensed adult 18 or older sitting next to you.

Is a Driver's License in the UK hard to obtain or do most people just don't have one nor are they in a hurry go get one because public transportation is so easily accessible?

As compared to most major USA cities, where public transportation is poor or non existent: except for New York Manhattan, Chicago and the East Coast.

<b>How many UK's MI6 members here have a UK driver's license?</b>

Comments

• ummmm you get a provisional license here at the age of 4 and a full one when can drink a bottle of vodka in public.
  • I can't remember where I read it (although only in the last couple of days), but when Michael Caine bought his first car (just after Zulu I think), his accountant told him that it would be cheaper to hire a chauffeur than insure himself to drive.