HuntingBond - New Travel Blog

HuntingBondHuntingBond Cairo
edited March 2015 in Fan Creations Posts: 13
Hi Bondians, my wife and I made up this plan at the day of our engagement two years ago: Lets see all the James Bond movie locations around the world till we're old. So we started traveling, including a honeymoon to the Bahamas and now just recently thought, it might be good to share our experiences at a blog. So there is HuntingBond for you!

We know, there are some really good location advisors out there already - so we try to focus on how-to-get-theres and recommendations on hotels and sights around the movie spot as well. So far we've visited 45 of in total some 300 locations. The first nine are online at our blog, updated are coming almost weekly. And if we have a plan to get to this special one location from Moonraker, we'll sure tell you... ;)

Please tell us, if you like the page and what we can do better.

This is for the travel fever:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lNHk9lFXla0"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    It's a very nice site indeed, but with so many dead/unlinked links it's kind of hard to find the locations you've been to already.
  • HuntingBondHuntingBond Cairo
    Thanks. Yeah, the dead links are a bug on our travelmap we yet have to fix - only the green spots are available. The red ones are for readers to find the exact spot of a location even if we haven't been there.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, shooting through the stories ( I am at the office so can't spent too much time) they fun enough. I'll certainly come back to see more. Perhaps you could make a list here of the places you've been to and which you still want to visit.

I haven't seen as many places as you have, but I can perhaps tell you some things about some if you haven't been there yet.
    Sure thing. As we are German and currently living as correspondents in Egypt, all those are places are done. Same for Miami and Florida Keys, New Providence on the Bahamas, Czech Republic, Budapest and Istanbul. For 2015 we will hope to get all locations in Greece, Uganda and India.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great design, and loved to see the posts with the map information, very cleaver. Best of luck with the site. It's already added to the LINKS Section at James Bond Brasil. :)
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 260
    This is every fan's dream. Kudos to you for actually getting off your butt and doing it.
    Thanks for the encouraging words. We'll use the spirit wisely. ;)
    btw: Our map has been fixed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Great idea - I'm a blogger myself. I wish you all the best with this venture.
    Cool! and keep us posted when the updates are there! BTW, if you're going to Udaipur, don't go in the rainy season. We thought it would be allright but your chances of getting sick explode. Still it's one of the most romantic places I've been to.
    A little update: As the SPECTRE teaser kicked in, we uploaded our first location from Sam Mendez' favorite LALD: [url="http://bit.ly/1xpzDHr "]The "Fillet of Soul"[/url] in (not Harlem, but Upper East Side) New York.

And before, we also had a look into another US location with the Hemingway House on Key West, Florida - a MI6 hangout in LTK. Enjoy!
    Ahoi there! Hotel Atlantic in Hamburg granted us access to its rooftop - that Pierce Brosnan climbed in TND. Funny story: To get there, you have to pass a room at the attic, called the "Spectre Chamber".

Other new movie locations: Berlin from Octopussy, the Abu Simbel temple in Egypt from TSWLM, Bonds and Dominos (hidden) Beach at the Bahamas from TB and former East German city Karl-Marx-Stadt from Octopussy.
    nice story on the hotel!
    Hi Bondians! Here's a travel update:

We've blogged on the Cairo locations from TSWLM, all filmed in the Islamic neighborhood Darb al-Ahmar - "The Alley of Blood".

Other new entries on the famous seawall on Paradise Island from Thunderball, the little Greek (not Spanish) village Pagi used in FYEO, Elektra King's Aserbaidschanian mansion in Turkey from TWINE and the highway action in LTK filmed at the Florida Keys.

Plus - but we guess, that changes soon with SPECTRE - we made a little infographic on the travel miles of every Bond over the years. Guess, who's leading...
    A dream came true: We were able to visit the Taj Lake Palace from "Octopussy" in Udaipur, India. And even better, we got invited onto the same old Maharajan rowboat, Bond and Octopussy use in the movie. Here is all about it!
    Interesting read again, but you failed to mention you can see octopussy in just about every hotel in the city at night, every night... And Udaipur has such a romantic vibe that the biggest Bollywood films (notably recently 'Ram Leelah') as wel as western movies ('The Second-Best Marigold Hotel') are filmed in the city.
    Interesting read again, but you failed to mention you can see octopussy in just about every hotel in the city at night, every night... And Udaipur has such a romantic vibe that the biggest Bollywood films (notably recently 'Ram Leelah') as wel as western movies ('The Second-Best Marigold Hotel') are filmed in the city.

Definitely right! But we are going to publish one location at a time - so we thought about saving the Octopussy-Screenings and the Marigold-Intel (We made a little video with the tailor) for the articles on Gangaur Ghat and the Jagdish Temple in the old city. ;)
    Ah, then I'll await the next post!