British car brand Bentley! (In a future Bond film?!?)

Okay, this concept has its premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. It is the EXP10. What do we think of it? Future Bond car ;-)? Must it go straight away into production? Hints towards Bentley's new design filosophy?

bentley-exp-10-speed-6-concept-front-three-quarter.jpg
bentleys-exp-10-speed-6-is-vags-biggest-surprise-at-the-geneva-motor-show-2015_16.jpg
B+1.jpg
bentley-exp-10-speed-6-geneva-2015-3522.jpg
dvlys2ubc9wt.jpg
bentley-exp-10-speed-6-04-1.jpg
B+4.jpg

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I've often called for Bentley to return to the Bond films so I would favour this.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What does the 6 on the radiator stand for?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    That grill "6" is awful IMO; looks like a watermark
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It's not a six it's behind the grill looks like a cooling fan motor and it's mounting to me.
    Nice. Actually looks like the Aston styling that AM are now leaving behind. I'd like to see Bond in a new Bentley.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    It's not a six it's behind the grill looks like a cooling fan motor and it's mounting to me.

That makes sense. Either way, gross.
    Sweet car otherwise though, I've always thought Bond back in a Bentley would be a neat idea (despite my love for Astons).
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Looking at the back end that rump is pure Aston.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 3,675
    @Mrcoggins What does one of those look like outside of a car?

It says "Bentley" in the headlamps (which, by the way, seem SUPER bright)

79401_656220_784x523.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Very nice indeed. I'm all for this one in B25 or B26.

It is sleek but has presence and still retains Bentley touches in the details.
    Perfect for a more mature Bond, just need to tone the branding down a little, I can imagine Steed would have also wanted one?
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    The '6' in the grille is struggling to evoke the 1930's Bentley Speed Six - all $5.1 million of it if you believe it's one of the worlds 10 most expensive cars. IIR these were dubbed the 'world's fastest lorries' and it is very very much Steed machinery who drove one in the first Avengers. I'm certain it's this that was inspiration for the Bentley for the literary Bond too.

C2243D2E-031A-4D6A-8B4E-B1B23B3CFF6D.jpg

The latest thing is Ok but I can't help feeling it's a bit clumsy and lacking finesse and a bit of a bitsa mash up - it's really just a stunted Bentley Continental where it's all gone a bit wrong and slipped into a generic caricature. This is a caricature too but seems purer and better at it's job:

C6809FD6-BDCC-47C6-A37E-D8DEE16A58EF.jpg

C7F43BF8-32EB-43D6-87F4-A9CC2368A5C0.png

E690EE59-5435-4593-8156-0EFB82572203.jpg

D67206D5-B676-4D02-8C5E-B155D67866AA.jpg
    Wow that Bentley is stunning, and for me looks very Aston Martin influenced. Happy to see that in a Bond film but not sure who I would prefer to see driving it? Bond or the villain?
    the villain should have a German or Japanese car IMO. or at a push an Italian one
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I've often called for Bentley to return to the Bond films so I would favour this.

I would favour this return to the style of the novels definately.

I like it when the Bond movies create new classic moments. Using new cars is part of that IMO. I love the Lotus in TSWLM, and the Astons in OHMSS and TLD - they don't just live off past glories, they add something a little new.
    Keep brands British as well.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I would favour this return to the style of the novels definately.
    Just returning to Bentley for the name wouldn't cut it. It's Bond himself in the novels complaining of the lack of racing pedigree in 'modern' bentleys, and I concur for modern days. Yes, it's a good looking car (except for that 'six', which must be the most blatand reference ever except for DAD). And I don't like the branding in the headlights. As if we'd doubt such a headlight was meant for a Bentley. No, for me Aston is the only right marque right now for Bond. They have the looks, the style and the racing pedigree.
    Okay, this concept has its premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. It is the EXP10. What do we think of it? Future Bond car ;-)? Must it go straight away into production? Hints towards Bentley's new design filosophy?

bentley-exp-10-speed-6-concept-front-three-quarter.jpg
    bentleys-exp-10-speed-6-is-vags-biggest-surprise-at-the-geneva-motor-show-2015_16.jpg
    B+1.jpg
    bentley-exp-10-speed-6-geneva-2015-3522.jpg
    dvlys2ubc9wt.jpg
    bentley-exp-10-speed-6-04-1.jpg
    B+4.jpg

Mon Dieu @ Gustav_Graves. To hell with 007, I want one!
    This is the most seriously beautiful car since the original Jaguar XKR. It is absolutely gorgeous and it is perfect for both Bond and myself. I love it. Maybe I've got one more supercar in me after all!
    As for comparisons with AM - sorry I just don't see it and personally, I think their last great looking car was the DB7 and furthermore, since leaving Ford ownership, they've started with all their old quality problems.
    Bentley for Bond - definitely.
    I agree it's a beautiful car, but the similarities with recent AM styling are pretty blatant, IMO. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I agree it's a beautiful car, but the similarities with recent AM styling are pretty blatant, IMO. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

I disagree! From the side it perhaps has some similarities with an Aston Martin (Vanquish?). But even then, I find the EXP10 design more "GranTurismo"-esque, lacking real sportscar looks. And it's very much a follow-up of this Bentley Continental GT. Both the EXP10 Concept and the Continental GT have this wunderful "hip" at the back side of the car. Both cars have the typical Bentley-circular headlights, as well as the same kind of radiator (=big, and NOT Aston Martin-esque):
    Bentley_Continental_GT_V8_(II)_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_(2),_5._April_2012,_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg
    Bentley_Continental_GT_W12_2013-08-04_18-54.jpg
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Funny how some people look at details. I just looked at the overall profile and just thought 'looks like an Aston mArtin'. the GT is a different beast IMO - much chunkier.
    For whatever reason, I've always pictured the Continental GT to be Bond's modern era personal car.
    @NickTwentyTwo Indeed he did drive a Bentley Continental GT in "Carte Blanche"
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Beautiful car except for the front ..especially the grill. The whole thing looks nose heavy ...like it could plow into the earth at any moment.

Having said that I do wish Bond was back in Bentley. That would be my choice....

Or even that prototype Jensen... the only of the three British owned... just saying.

@NickTwentyTwo Indeed he did drive a Bentley Continental GT in "Carte Blanche"

And it worked very well for me.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Bently is a truly beautiful machine. =D>