Aston Martin One 77

Was there a specific reason why Bond never got this car? sorry if already covered

Comments

Wasn't this the million £ Aston? It was intended only as a very limited number with a sold out waiting list before it even got manufactured?
    Too exclusive for Bond?, could Q not "Q jump" the waiting list?
    patb wrote: »
    Too exclusive for Bond?, could Q not "Q jump" the waiting list?
    I doubt it, the DB10 is even more exclusive...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    It's a million pounds per car, that's too much, not only for the character (he's not a millionaire, but an agent for her majesty's government), but also for the production, as flipping it over, or just crashing into lorries is too expensive even for EON. The DB10 may be more exclusive, but it isn't as expensive. Now it's just wating for the Vulcan....
    Vulcan for the next Bond? I nice Thunderball refererence?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,969
    As the Vulcan will be unveiled next week I doubt it. It seems more like Aston are now taking up the hypercars. The Vulcan is the one-77 replacement. It promises to be spectacular though.
    The one 77 looks a mean machine in black and IMHO would be a nicer set of Bond wheels than the BD10 - on that car the nose/ front grille treatment is all wrong - the rest looks fine but at the sharp end it all looks like they ran out of time and just shoved anything together.

My preferred option:

DCwallpaper4-1.jpg
    Yes, the DB10 looks a bit "star shippy" at the front for me. The One 77 has a more menacing front end but still looks different enough to set itself apart from your "average" AM. And it looks great in that graphic :-)
    thanks for the link, confused as its being sold as a track car only but it looks like the light clusters etc have been designed with road legal requirements in mind, looks fab IMHO
    Looks like a Vanquish that's on steroids!
    thanks for the link, confused as its being sold as a track car only but it looks like the light clusters etc have been designed with road legal requirements in mind, looks fab IMHO
    Well AM obviously have been racing in the GT classes, so this car is most likely designed to be used in those if they're going to race them.

Perhaps this part gives a clue:
    Using a number of exciting high performance Aston Martins including the V12 Vantage S and One-77 road cars and the Vantage GT4 race car, customers will gradually build experience and develop their track technique, before beginning their thrilling personal journeys into the immense performance potential of their Aston Martin Vulcan.
    It's more then just steroids if you ask me...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Yes, the DB10 looks a bit "star shippy" at the front for me. The One 77 has a more menacing front end but still looks different enough to set itself apart from your "average" AM. And it looks great in that graphic :-)

About the front end of the DB10, Aston's design boss Marek Reichman:

"The grille doesn't sit on the upper surface in any way." "It's all on a negative surface, like a shark's face. This car has the lowest nose that we've ever produced."

"Daniel's Bond is closer to the original, darker Bond." "He's very much an athlete, and I wanted the car to have a similar appearance. It's a predator. I wanted this car to look like a hunter."
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,068
    You can dress any descion up with a bit of clever talk or 'spin' and it may even be a great idea yet that doesn't necesaarily mean the implementation passes muster.

It just shows the guy calling the shots can can keep a straight face when he's spinning a yarn! I'm not loving the look of the front and ultimately it spoils what for me is othereise a nice piece of automotive art. It looks very plain and in fact quite crude when viewed front ways head on due to the poor graphic the grille and lights create on the shape.