OK Connery/Operation Double 00/etc

SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
Has anyone seen this 1967 parody? Normally I wouldn't bother as these Bond ripoffs were a dime a dozen back then, but not all of them start Neill Connery, the younger brother to Sean.

Also making appearances are the actors who played:

Professor Dent
Tatiana Romanova
Emilio Largo
M
Moneypenny

Lois Maxwell actually said she made more from this spoof than she did on some of the real films (however she has more screentime here, so maybe thats understandable).

Mystery Science Theater 3000 did an episode on this (episode 5.3). It's on youtube, but I won't link it here. I wouldn't recommend watching it any other way, as it's pretty dire.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

This is the full film.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I wasn't sure how the mods would feel about linking it.
    Sorry, I didn't think a link would be a problem. :(
    For all I know it isn't! JThe film could be in the public domain by now.
    I've flagged myself ( that sounds like a euphemism ) :D so hopefully
    Any problem will be dealt with swiftly, I hear this organisation does not
    Tolerate failure ! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I came across this movie recently when googling alternatives to Arabesque (a late 60's spy spoof starring Gregory Peck and a very alluring Sophia Loren), which I recently watched.

I was meaning to purchase a copy but now that I realize I can just view it online, I may do so soon. I heard it had a lot of Bond alumni so definitely have to check it out.

Thanks guys.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    I wonder if Sean saw this and confronted his brother at the next family reunion like 'WTF BRUH'

53470350.jpg

tumblr_memgkr8Z461qefgdko1_5001.jpg
    Connery sports a goatee that makes him look like an evil Sir Sean. He also uses his real name in the movie. Lois Maxwell is Ms Maxwell.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'd actually quite like to see this, as awful as it probably is. :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I've tried several ties but never have gotten more than about 40 minutes through it.

Same here.

The opening scene is pretty laughable with Adolfo Celi controlling the car remotely. I haven't gotten all the way through the film either, but at some point I hope to watch the rest of it.
    Give it a try with the Mystery Science theater guys making jokes the whole way through.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2015 Posts: 17,833
    Sark wrote: »
    Give it a try with the Mystery Science theater guys making jokes the whole way through.

Yes, kind of like the host Terry Wogan used to do on BBC coverage of the Eurovision Song Contest ! :))