Those furry, multilegged actors: choose your fav Bond pet!

After watching Dr.No today, I've just find out that according to Steven Jay Rubin's book The James Bond Films, the infamous tarantula that terrified Sean and gave Bob Simmons the chills was called Rosie.

And after finding out about Rosie, I tought it would be interesting to share our fav Bond mascots. That's about it.

As for me, I have no doubts: though I prefer dogs, I have a certain affection for the poor terrified Blofeld's kitty on YOLT (As far as I know, the affair almost ended up in court). I wonder if it had a name...

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Admittedly, I am not well versed in the happenings of YOLT. Is this what you were referring to?

Speaking of furry actors, Connery is up there :))

sean-connery-435.jpg
  • =)) Yup, Sean is as furry as all the animals out there.

Well, about YOLT: see the terrified expression of the cat? It was clawing Pleasance badly (his calm demeanor here is really a proof of what a great professional he was). Finally, after cutting, the animal got loose, ran away and went missing. It was found three days later in the vary same volcano set by a janitor at Pinewood, hiding under the monorail.
    This cat was quite a prestigious animal model in advertisment and movies, and from then on apparently it got traumatized and couldn't stand watching spotlights or film crews. The poor thing would just run away. Then the owner sued EON for mistreating his pet, and the case was eventually settled out of court.

Was it like this, people, or am I wrong? Corrections are always welcome.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is nobody quite like Max.
  • There is nobody quite like Max.

Is that true that the very same parrot who played Max is the one we see at MI6's countryside property on TLD?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    There is nobody quite like Max.

Is that true that the very same parrot who played Max is the one we see at MI6's countryside property on TLD?

Yes, sir, I believe that it is. If memory serves they talk about that in the commentary.
  • There is nobody quite like Max.

Yes, sir, I believe that it is. If memory serves they talk about that in the commentary.

Thanks! I should be on the ball next time I watch the BD commentary.

As a sidenote, I don't know about the original, but in Castilian Spanish Max was obviously dubbed by an actor or actress with his/her voice distorted. I always catches my fancy that the dubbing person seemengly ad-libs a couple of lines. In its first appearence, when Mr. Havelock puts Max on his perch, he complains: "¡YA ME HA ECHADO!" ("HE THREW ME OUT, ALREADY!"). Did not remember hearing this line in the OV.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Might have to flick on Spanish for a few lines of his next time I watch it.