So apparently, the former MADD Studios has a fan...I don't know how to take this...

edited July 2011 in Fan Creations Posts: 33
Hey guys, hope you all are well.

I thought you might find this a bit interesting...as some of you may know, I was here at the former MI6 forums under the moniker MADD Studios, which was the name of my own little production label. I am running a more official label now, tied in with my graphic design brand (my chosen career) called Escapist Pictures. I was running through my old YouTube channel looking for videos to put on the new website and, of course, my Bond parody film, Property of a Lady was pretty high on the list. I hadn't thought about it for a while but I had posted here some time ago that I had seen videos that told of another filmmaker's plans to remake Property of a Lady......shot for shot, line for line.

Well, he's finished!

Compare this with my own, original version of the film.

What would be you all's reaction to this? I'm leaning heavily toward just taking it as a compliment and moving on but this is a bit disturbing to say the least...

Comments

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Extremely odd behaviour, if you ask me.

If it makes you feel any better, yours has much better production values.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 303
    Well. I only have seen the beginning of both, due to the fact that my computer is so slow, and already i have noticed how yours is much more professional looking and feeling, the 'remake' (Which is just pointless) is no where near as good, and even uses the same camera technique twice in a row while the man is walking, which just drags it out, and the music did not fit. I'm sure they only did it for 'fun' or something, but when comparing it to your's, your's is far better.