Comments

• tqbtqb
    Good find,
    I like Bond being buff, although i know some fans don't. However Craig did certainly get skinnier for Cowboys and Aliens. It'd be great to see him get bigger again, especially since he's older now-- he can prove he's still got it.
  • I read that as looking scrawny in his "last" film and thought that meant QoS - I was thinking if that was scrawny then I need to go to the gym a lot more!

And speaking of gyms, it's amazing how often I hear women at my gym talking about how "gorgeous" Craig's body is - twice today, in fact! Great motivation for pushing harder during workouts ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond needs to be like in CR and QoS. A man of Bond's training would be buff. The job of an MI6 agent in the 00 Section would demand the highest fitness possible.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Eight weeks from now is the 15th of September, filming won't be underway by then but maybe that's when the really hard stunt work preparation begins?

Either way filming is due to start October/November, so Craig still doesn't have that long.

As for this news, it was to be expected. I reckon Craig will look as "buff" in all his films.
    To call Craig´s appearance in CAA ´scrawny´ is ridiculous. He is thin compared to his Bond in CR, but he still has a lot of muscle.
    It´s equally ridiculous to claim that Craig has to be told to buff up. He was the major influence to Bond being the hulk he was in CR, so why should he now go in the opposite direction? He said before he doesn´t like a strict fitness regime, so obviously he will try to build up muscle as late as possible, especially since he has to keep them for the whole shoot. Tom Hardy says he took 5-6Weeks to bulk up for Bronson, and that during shooting he didn´t have time for enough workout, so his muscles became smaller by the end of shooting.
    Bond needs to be like in CR and QoS. A man of Bond's training would be buff. The job of an MI6 agent in the 00 Section would demand the highest fitness possible.
    Yes, but what Craig did for CR was not fitness but bodybuilding, in order to get a certain look and body movement. And Craig in CR and Craig in QOS are already two different appearances.

• Judging by how big Craig's arm looks in the "beer drinking" photo when he was on the shooting range it looks like he's pretty built already...
    Well, it worked for Connery, AKA 3rd place in Mr. Universe
    i have some feeling that B23 might be like QoS
    i really hope i am wrong
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    i really hope i am wrong
    What makes you say that? We have no idea what the new film will be like yet.
    i really hope i am wrong
    And what has this to do with this thread?

The juice is loose.
    i really hope i am wrong
    i have no idea but that is my feeling.i hope i am wrong
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,598
    Bond is too big in CR. He is a good size in QOS - lean and muscular which is what he should be. This was one of the few things I liked about QOS (NOT LIKE THAT! LOL), along with the good dialogue, the level of humour and what little character movement there was. The dialogue in QOS is superior in that of CR.

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse.