Lines You Want To Hear In A Bond Film

edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 669
This thread is about creative ideas for upcoming Bond films' script. I'm sure there are lines you want to hear in a Bond film, either talked by Bond or any other supporting characters. But, I'm telling you, this thread is not for cynical lines. They are for serious moments, and also for dramatic scenes, or even some serious jokes that the classic Bond talks sometimes.

Comments

"Did you ever wonder how you even got this far? In this line of work, you know as well as I do that the next great evil is just around the corner, and it will keep coming and coming. All it needs is one good day; one good day and you can expect to be buried in a lonely, unmarked grave - if you're lucky enough that there's enough of you left to be buried at all. The only thing keeping you out of it is willpower. Because when it comes down to it, when you square off with someone just as smart, just as fast, just as *good* as you, all that really matters is who wants it the most. Underneath it all is that unasked question: 'is today the day I die?' You don't even know it's there, but you can feel the weight of it. Haunting you. And the moment - the *moment* - when the answer stops being no and you start wondering what's on the other side, what it feels like, where it takes you; *that's* the moment that you stop wanting it more the person you're facing. I don't think you'd be stupid enough to throw yourself in the path of a bullet for the sake of it, but I don't think you'll fight it when it comes, either. When you die, it won't be because you made a mistake. It won't be because someone else was better prepared. It will be because you wanted it. And that's the secret of it, the inconsolable truth about yourself: all Double-Ohs have a death wish."
    Not bad at all @shadowonthesun, I just wonder if I´ll enjoy such lines in a film after having already read them here. I think this thread is a great opportunity for creative talent, but maybe people should send those ideas, at least the really good ones, directly to Eon, with a disclaimer that the lines may be used freely in a Bond film :-? .
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    M: "And remember, 007, when you do find Elliot Carver, shove a big custard pie in his face..."
  • M: "And remember, 007, when you do find Elliot Carver, shove a big custard pie in his face..."
    :D

I quite liked one of the quotes someone posted in a thread about Moonraker...

Bond, upon seeing Jaws relieving himself in the space station: "Well, that's one giant's leak for mankind."

• edited July 2011 Posts: 669
    Bond: Im the man Who gets things done.. I Guess You must be the "other Guy" everyone says you should see.

(just before killing a henchman who demanded Bond's name during an interrogation)