Javier Bardem won't be in Bond 23?

edited July 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 30
At this link there is a small interview with Bardem from yesterday (it's in spanish with french subtitles) and when asked about his projects he clearly says that hasn't any project at all. He basically says "I can't say you anything because I myself don't know(what I'm going to do)... really". Then the interviewer asks him again if he has a new movie to shoot and he says something like " From what I know...no...really".

http://www.tdg.ch/actu/culture/javier-bardem-salue-fans-suisses-2011-07-19

So, I don't understand why there are all these false rumors about him being "officially" in Bond 23 ....

Comments

• edited July 2011 Posts: 1,894
    So, I don't understand why there are all these false rumors about him being "officially" in Bond 23 ....
    It's simple: Bardem was in talks to join BOND 23. Then he signed on for THE DARK TOWER. THE DARK TOWER collapsed, and Bardem had a major gap in his schedule. Naturally, talk of him being in BOND 23 came up again. This was exaggerated by Latino Review, who misattributed an unsourced quote by The Telegraph - claiming Bardem was in - to Sam Mendes.

However, because shooting for BOND 23 won't begin until the end of the year and THE DARK TOWER has only just fallen through, any negotiations between Bardem and EON will have only just re-started, so Bardem naturally cannot comment. Hell, they don't even need him for the end of the year - films are not always shot chronologically in line with the script. Mendes could easily shoot every scene without Bardem in order to buy time for EON to sign him up.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Or it could just be him contractually not being allowed to say anything. He was offered the Bond role in January, the same month as The Dark Tower, though was never officially signed for The Dark Tower according to Ron Howard contrary to reports. The Bond villain role is likely still open to him, especially considering the comments he made about the series in January.
This discussion has been closed.