(I couldn't find any threads like this, so I'll give this a try.)
With all the endless discussion and debate regarding each of the six Bonds, I thought it could be fun and interesting with a more systematic/scientific approach to the rating of each actor. Therefore I have selected ten more or less "essential" Bondian characteristics for rating. Of course every Bond fan puts a varying level of importance on each of these categories, so the objective is not to determine the "best Bond", but the most complete, the one who constantly delivers on all "Bondian elements". It would be interesting to see how each list is in relation to each member's personal ranking/appreciation of each actor.
The categories are as follows:
- The actor's charisma, style, appearance on screen. The way he moves etc...
- How much does the actor look the part physically, and how convincing is he during fight scenes?
- How smoothly and elegantly does the actor deal witth the opposite sex? How convincing is he during pick up scenes?
- How intense and convincing is the actor during all kinds of action scenes? How well does he move, how much is he in the moment?
- The actor's delivery or reaction to quips, puns or general comedic moments.
- Manners and behaviour. Knowledge and taste in clothes, food and drink... or just about anything...
- The actor's looks in isolation (other elements lik charm, style, physicality etc. should not factor in). How good looking is he? And, importantly, how does he resemble your image of Bond?
- An important category. How believable is the actor as a British secret agent?
9. Ruthless killer
- How well does the actor capture Bond's dangerous side as a cold killer?
- How does the actor resemble Fleming's original creation, the 'Bond of the novels'?
The overall verdict can be determined in two ways:
- Rank the actors in relation to each other for each category, determing an average position/result (divided by 10)
- A score out of 1-5 for each category, determing a total score out of 50.
Let the rating commence! Dicussions are very much welcomed. :)