If you could choose a villain's lair from the James Bond movies to live in, which one would it be?

2»

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2017 Posts: 7,526
    Thinking about some of the more pragmatic options here, and maybe it doesn't count as a villain's lair, but Mr. White's house on Lake Como would be a beautiful and practical option :P

Villa Gaeta, Lake Como
    14e982f536120393843123e3fe193220.jpg
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Piz Gloria
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Scaramanga's island would suit me lovely.

Exotic quiet location, no bloody tourists and a midget servant....perfect!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I'm partial to Janus' little bunker in Cuba. I bet the dish could get you any TV station in the world. I'd love to body ski down the dish like Bond and Natalya. :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Imagine using it as a swimming pool. ;)
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Scaramanga's island would suit me lovely.

Exotic quiet location, no bloody tourists and a midget servant....perfect!
    LP... Little People and Leonard Pine.
    I could be happy there for a long time myself.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Drax's space station.
    Seriously, far away from the rest of the world and stuffed with good-looking ladies. And zero gravity if so desired. Yes, we are thinking the same thing.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,415
    Palmyra. Can that count?
    Volcano Lair. The greatest set in the entire series. Scaramanga has a close second.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Doctor No's lair would suit me.
    Private Caribbean island. What's not too like.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Dr. No's Crab Key Lair for sure
    I'll go for Piz Gloria too or the SPECTRE headquarters in FRWL.
  • Whitaker's villa or Volcano lair would do me nicely.

Villa with great views, tidy grounds, & plenty of toys to play with (Big kid at heart) & for the holidays I'd hide away in the volcano!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Piz Gloria (plus private helicopter) for me. It's so beautifully Sixties and I've always fancied bobsledding. I'd get a St Bernard for company.
    It would have to be Sanchez' groovy villa for me.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It would have to be Sanchez' groovy villa for me.

Yup, this one for me too – or Scaramanga's island – or Largo's estate. Can't choose, really. One thing's for sure, it would have to be a lair in a warm climate. Going into the winter season here now, and I don't like snow...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Trevelyan's train.
  • Crab Key for me, definitely. Private carribean island. What's not to love.
    Trevelyan's train.

Never thought of that one but it's actually a good shout. Proper cozy and luxurious and could travel all round Europe. And if you get bored of it, take the helicopter out for a spin.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Either Palmyra or Sanchez's villa. I dig the tropics.
    Crab Key for me, definitely. Private carribean island. What's not to love.

Radiation for one but yes, Crab Key would be awesome.

Blofeld's volcano would be cool as well. Nice and large, Take a jog every morning in the crator launch room. Be fit in weeks. :D

• Murdock wrote: »

Haha you've got me there. Think I'd just leave all the sciencey evil mastermind stuff to my goons and chill on the beach with a few cans of red stripe.
    Murdock wrote: »

Haha you've got me there. Think I'd just leave all the sciencey evil mastermind stuff to my goons and chill on the beach with a few cans of red stripe.

True, and if you wanted to go the extra mile, take out the reactor and radio toppling equipment and you could easily turn that room into a nice large indoor pool area. ;)
  • Murdock wrote: »

True, and if you wanted to go the extra mile, take out the reactor and radio toppling equipment and you could easily turn that room into a nice large indoor pool area. ;)

I like the way you think ;) Then it's just a case of laying off the gun totting henchman for some friendlier staff and we're in business.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Sanchez' house in LTK.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Another nice, moving one would be Carver's stealth boat.

That's boring! It would be much more fun messing with the US spaceprogram!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Another nice, moving one would be Carver's stealth boat.

I'm coming round to the vehicle idea, with particular reference to the DAD Antonov...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Except then you'd have no electricity.

Except then you'd have no electricity.

Then I'll call up Mr. Scaramanga and buy a Solex from him to power the island. The solar panel will go right into that octagonal housing.
    290?cb=20160829113211