Twitter Campaign: Shirley Bassey For 'Bond 23'

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited July 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 3,277
Hi there people. I've started a "Campaing" on Twitter last week, together with <a href="http://www.twitter.com/Archivo_007/">@Archivo007</a>, <a href="http://www.twitter.com/007Brasil/">@007Brasil</a>, <a href="http://www.twitter.com/JamesBondBR/">@JamesBondBR</a>, asking for the amazing <b>Dame Shirley Bassey</b> to return in the <b>50th Anniversary</b>, adding her voice to the <b>BOND 23</b> tune. What you guys think? Let's get together and spread the word.

If you have Twitter, simply post the hashtag <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#ShirleyBasseyForBond23&quot;&gt;#ShirleyBasseyForBond23&lt;/a&gt; and let's see what happen. Bond fans united!!!

xxx

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I have posted the Bassey hashtag !! I totally agree with you on Dame Bassey for B23 !!
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 321
    Yep, got to agree on this one. We need a big song for Bond 23, especially being the 50th Anniversary. Who better that The Bassey to give us a great tune. She has been a fair size part of Bond over the years so it only seems right somehow.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I will always love Bassey for the fact that, everywhere she goes she sings GF and DAF with a renewed enthusiasm and never seems bothered by it. That is true loyalty. She has my full support but it wouldn't surprise me if the producers have something else in mind. They probably might get Bassey to do the closing credits ala crow/lang for TND
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Let's make it happen guys. If the majority of the Bond fans on Twitter post the Hashtag, maybe it goes to the Trending Topics. I doubt anyone in EON wouldn't see it when this happen.

xxx
    Just send the Tweet to David Arnold's Twitter.

xxx
  • no thank you please - SB has done her tour of duty. Can we move on and go for more interesting and good choices DA pretty please?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 11,189
    It would be great to see Ms Bassey return for B23. Having seen her recently at the tribute concert I can safely say she can still deliver. As for her not being "interesting" what rubbish ;). At least we will be guaranteed a good belter of a tune. They tried the "interesting" approach with AWTD and that went down like a lead ballon with a lot of people.

SB Is in many ways the voice for Bond.

I'd love to see her come back but unfortunately I don't think that will happen :(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If the not the main titles, the end credits could be a good idea. And it'd also give Arnold two themes to work with and incorporate into the score.
    I guess I would be ok with a song from her in the end credits or somehow woven into the movie (I'm thinking on the lines of Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang). As long as it's tastefully done...if it's done. Otherwise, I'd prefer someone new for the main credits.
    I would love to have her back. At the John Barry Memorial Concert she was amazing as always. But well, I do understand some of your points guys.

About this so called "Campaign", here in Brazil this actually works in the media. A couple weeks ago, if you are on Twitter, the #JimCarreyHelpsEdu was kept on the first place in the Wolrdwide Trending Topics in a whole day, or two. This was a "campaign" that started in a TV Show, asking to Jim Carrey to help a local comedian (Edu) to meet him (Jim), and do a cameo in one of Mr. Carrey's next movies.

In minutes after the TV show aired the idea, the Trending was on the top, and it actually worked. The guy (Edu) met Carrey on his movie Premiere, and so on...

So, for those who still think Mrs. Bassey could handle this, why not try #ShirleyBasseyForBond23 ?

:D

xxx
    Inspired by that other thread I say:
    Only if Lalo Schifrin does the score.
    I think a facebook page would also be good
    Great idea @JBFan626, great idea. Thanks!!!

xxx