THE UNABASHED RAP OF JAMES BOND - JACKET AND TIE

edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 76
There are only two things that set BOND apart from all the rest.
BOND GIRLS and BOND RAP -
THE JACKET AND TIE
that includes the Gadgets and Cars too.
Any ordinary agent in a Trench Coat and Hat can be a hero for Queen and Country.
Let us review the Bond Formula,
Agent, Military Officer, Rogue, Man's Man, Bonvivant, Adventurer, Killer, Gentleman and Scholar.
ALL MEN want to be JAMES BOND 007 LTK.
IS THERE ANYTHING TO IMPROVE ON?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    A very good statement that arises an interesting question - What makes Bond 'Bond', apart from the traditional cliched elements ?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Wit and wits, the latter sorely under used during the reigns of King Roger and King Brosnan I.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    when you strip away all the superficial elements of "things that make Bond 'Bond'" - ie: gadgets, martinis, the line "Bond, James Bond" and etc.. and really take it down to what are the defining traits of the character?..

then i see a man who has ice water in his veins, when the pressure beings to mount.. he never loses his cool, and is always trying to be 2 steps ahead of his adversary.. cold and very calculating - very self confident and self aware.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @haserot... if an artist made a hand drawn picture of Bond without any superficial elements... How would you know it is James Bond on the picture ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I believe we need to seperate book Bond from film Bond.
    Film Bond is basically a cock-sure know it all who can seriously practice what he preaches. Bond is simply an expert at whatever he turns his hand to. Marksman, swordsman, ski-er, surfer, pilot (any kind of plane or helicopter), driver, horseman, swimmer, snorkeller and he can dive like an Olympian. He is unbeatable at unarmed combat, a black belt and a superb knife thrower. This man of action has become more prominant in later years, but back in the 60s he showed many of these skills as well as being an excellent gambler, golfer and wine (and sherry) expert. And when called upon Bond is a multi-linguist, mimic and knows his butterflies and exotic fish. Plus, he's a sharp dresser to boot. No doubt at some point in the future we shall learn he is an ornithologist, a classical pianist and a dab hand with a knitting pattern.

Oh, and all women are putty in his hands.

The only thing he appears to be useless at? Witticisms. His jokes are awful.

Half the fun of a Bond film is knowing that this civil servant lives like a Prince and is basically brilliant at everything he does.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,399
    @DaltonCraig...

if you were not a James Bond fan, and someone showed you this picture - would you know it was James Bond?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c5/Fleming007impression.jpg/200px-Fleming007impression.jpg

so what does your point really mean?..... if you want to talk about looks that is one thing - i was explaining how i see the character of James Bond, ie: the makeup of his personality... not his looks.