John Cazale

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
I was watching 'The Godfather Part 1 and 2' and I noticed John Cazale, and thought he was great, so I looked on imdb to see what other films he did. I was stunned to see he played in only 5 films in his career, between 1972 and 1978. 3 of these won Best Picture, and the other 2 were nominated for Best Picture, none of them have a score of lower than 7.9 on IMDB, and 2 of them are in the top 5 of the IMDB top 250.

Is there any other actor that has such stellar filmography?

Comments

• @daltonCraig007
    Wonderful post. Cazale was a fabulous actor. Have you seen the documentary, I Know it Was You? It is a touching look at the actor from the point of view of many who worked with him.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    He also featured in flashback scenes for Godfather III and is the only actor ever to have 100% of his films nominated for best picture.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He was great in Dog Day Afternoon, as well.

Mine :D
    its easy to get 100% if you've only been in 5 movies sounds like he is super selective.