The best and worst dressed Bonds

2»

Comments

• Great find @Obrady. I always liked Moore's all black outfit in MR. One of his better cooler choices in attire.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great find @Obrady. I always liked Moore's all black outfit in MR. One of his better cooler choices in attire.

I like that one too. One of Moore's best dressed moments in my opinion.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Thought I'd post this here, as I have a feeling that the other thread will be closed-

I have no problem with Bond's disguises (in fact, the clown suit made that scene intense, Bond trying to get across to the American General that there is a bloody bomb in that crate!).

I don't mind Lazenby's kilt, either. Without it, we wouldn't have had that stiffness scene...

I think all the Bond's don their attire well, with a special mention to Connery's suits and Dan's tuxedo.
    Best: Pierce Brosnan... or Sean Connery
    Worst: Definitly George Lazenby!!!
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Best dressed : Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery

Correctly dressed : Tim Dalton and Daniel Craig

Worst dressed : George Lazenby and Roger Moore
    Best dressed: Brosnan looked best in suits but I like Craig's more casual outfits. So Brosnan and Craig.

Worst dressed: Probably Roger Moore.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Thought I'd post this here, as I have a feeling that the other thread will be closed-

I have no problem with Bond's disguises (in fact, the clown suit made that scene intense, Bond trying to get across to the American General that there is a bloody bomb in that crate!).

I don't mind Lazenby's kilt, either. Without it, we wouldn't have had that stiffness scene...

I think all the Bond's don their attire well, with a special mention to Connery's suits and Dan's tuxedo.

I'm happy I'm not the one who feels this way. Bond is a spy right? So would wearing the occasional disguise be so out of the question? I always thought the bomb in the cannon scene in Octopussy was one of the most tense in all of Moore's tenure. Almost Hitchcockian in it's set-up.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there

I'm happy I'm not the one who feels this way. Bond is a spy right? So would wearing the occasional disguise be so out of the question? I always thought the bomb in the cannon scene in Octopussy was one o the most tense in all of Moore's tenure. Almost Hitchcockian in it's set-up.

The contrast of the circus setting/clown costume and the situation is thrilling because it works so well. On my first viewing of Octopussy, it was one of those few scenes where I genuinely had sweaty palms, not helped by the fact that the timer on the bomb was just a few nanoseconds away from "0".

I'm happy I'm not the one who feels this way. Bond is a spy right? So would wearing the occasional disguise be so out of the question? I always thought the bomb in the cannon scene in Octopussy was one o the most tense in all of Moore's tenure. Almost Hitchcockian in it's set-up.

The contrast of the circus setting/clown costume and the situation is thrilling because it works so well. On my first viewing of Octopussy, it was one of those few scenes where I genuinely had sweaty palms, not helped by the fact that the timer on the bomb was just a few nanoseconds away from "0".

Not to mention John Barry could write a tense piece of music like it was nobody's business.
    Best would be Daniel Craig I'd say, with Connery and Brosnan as runner-uppers.
    Moore is the worst, followed by Dalton. So Lazenby kind of in the middle (the kilt was funny, but he looks good otherwise).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Best dressed Bond is without doubt Brosnan. All of his clothes, save for his biege attire with the turquoise shirt in Istanbul in TWINE, were immaculate.

Craig's Brioni suits in CR were great but I dislike the Tom Ford tight fit suits he's worn since.

Moore was by far the worst, closely followed by Lazenby.
    Best dressed Bond is without doubt Brosnan. All of his clothes, save for his biege attire with the turquoise shirt in Istanbul in TWINE, were immaculate.

Craig's Brioni suits in CR were great but I dislike the Tom Ford tight fit suits he's worn since.

Brosnan's Istanbul suit in TWINE was off-white (not beige) with a blue shirt. That was actually my favorite of Brosnan's attire. I thought he looked very smooth in it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Clothes looked their best on Connery, and worst on Dalton.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 908
    Well that's easy.
    Worst dressed Bond:
    Easily Daniel Craig in the parcour scene of CR. That shirt he is wearing is tasteless beyond imagination and as unbondian as it gets!
    Best dressed Bond:
    (Again)easily Daniel Craig in QoS. That Tom Ford suits do look SHARP!
    I rarely have to wear suits, but if I had to I would feel compelled to shell out the big bucks for Mr. Fords work. These are simply the best designed suits I've ever seen.
    Strangely enough the suits he created for SF don't do anything like that for me. They are just too tight, have too shorts trousers and, and,and ...
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 1,778
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Well that's easy.
    Worst dressed Bond:
    Easily Daniel Craig in the parcour scene of CR. That shirt he is wearing is tasteless beyond imagination and as unbondian as it gets!
    Best dressed Bond:
    (Again)easily Daniel Craig in QoS. That Tom Ford suits do look SHARP!
    I rarely have to wear suits, but if I had to I would feel compelled to shell out the big bucks for Mr. Fords work. These are simply the best designed suits I've ever seen.
    Strangely enough the suits he created for SF don't do anything like that for me. They are just too tight, have too shorts trousers and, and,and ...

While I'll admit Craig's Madagascar shirt wasn't the most Bondian of attire it was still Craig's only fashion miss in my opinion and is hardly the worst outfit ever sported by any Bond actor. I don't see how that one shirt can make him the worst. Some of Moore's Safari outfits have to be more cringe-worthy. Or how about Lazenby's light-brown golf outfit matched with a bright orange turtleneck? Connery's baby blue towel get-up in Goldfinger? Or Dalton's puffy pirate shirts? Every Bond actor has had atleast one miss.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Brosnan's Istanbul suit in TWINE was off-white (not beige) with a blue shirt. That was actually my favorite of Brosnan's attire. I thought he looked very smooth in it.

Apologies. Couldn't quite put my finger on the colour so went with memory.

It's just a personal dislike for the colour match, didn't do it for me. Still beats most of Moore's clothing though.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ggl007 wrote:

I love the photo they chose of Bond. That gray three piece Anthony Sinclair suit is for my money the best piece of Bond attire we have yet to see, and Sean kills in it.