Marvel's Agent Carter (TV Series 2015– )

edited January 2015 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,107
Discus the new tv series Agent Carter here !

marvel-agent-carter-poster-620x370.jpg

In 1946, Peggy Carter is relegated to secretarial duties in the Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR). When Howard Stark is accused of treason, he secretly recruits Peggy to clear his name with the help of his butler, Edwin Jarvis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3475734/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I know very little about these characters, yet I am eager to see this one. I loved the Captain America films. And I also really like Lyndsey Fonseca. I hope to see it somehow (I am overseas). I do want to know what people hear think about it. :)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,854
    I would have written a review for the first two episodes if this thread was up two days ago! I'll still do it this weekend.
    Thanks, I really want to hear about it.
    I would have written a review for the first two episodes if this thread was up two days ago! I'll still do it this weekend.

Great :) I like your reviews .
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    To tide you over, I'll give a review of the Agent Carter One-Shot that inspired the series:

After some recycled stock footage from The First Avenger, we catch up with Peggy a couple years later in post-WWII New York, still working for the Strategic Scientific Reserve, who seem to be less of a secret than they were during the war. I think the same thing happened with the OSS in real life, but I don't know.

Either way, she's clearly just the secretary to everybody else's secret agent, all the while the SSR is looking for something mysterious called "Zodiac". The agent in charge (who's name escapes me) takes his lead agents out to a bar while they leave Peggy behind to do the janitorial work. Hopefully, near the end of Agent Carter's first season, this guy is introduced, because he's nowhere in the first two episodes, despite the office pretty much looking the same.

Peggy goes into his office to take care of some papers and there's a call on the special phone. Shane Black's Voice informs Peggy (who answers the phone) that there's immediate-action confirmation of Zodiac's location, and she ignores the "three to five agents" recommendation and goes it alone with nothing but a briefcase.

She goes to the location, which looks to be on the docks, and is immediately confronted by two men, while a third waits inside listening to the radio (I think. I just watched this yesterday, why the hell don't I remember?). After a little bit of casual bullsh*t doesn't impress the two mooks, she beats the crap out of them, and proceeds to do the same to the man waiting inside.

She uses the third guy for info, then as a distraction to prompt the other three men that he says are in the room with the Zodiac. Two of them come out, and she beats the crap out of them, proving why you do not eff with this woman. The guy she used as a distraction pisses his pants, if his reaction is any indication.

The final guy is in the room with the Zodiac, and Peggy starts shooting at the door he's using for cover. Strategically, she creates a small hole in the door, then shoves a smoke grenade through. This knocks out the last man, she dons a gasmask and goes inside. She retrieves the Zodiac, a small blue vial, and then the real final guy shows up. There's a bit of a tussle, and then he's taken down as well.

The next morning, the boss berates Peggy for taking action herself, but she blows him off cooly. He tells her how it is, that she's pretty much just around to look pretty and because she was dating Captain America, and she calls him out for being a chauvinist pig. The special phone rings just in time for him not to retort to that.

He answers the special phone, and instead of Shane Black's Voice, Howard Stark is on the line. He tells the SSR boss that Peggy did a damn good job the night before, and that he and Colonel Chester Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones' character from The First Avenger, he doesn't appear in the One-Shot, however) want her in Washington DC, because she's going to be running SHIELD. This particular moment is good, but it does contradict Iron Man a little when Coulson's constantly referring to it as the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division and mentioning that they're working on an acronym. Somehow, in 60 years, they forgot the acronym that the founder (who they remember) coined.

During the credits is a funny scene with Howard Stark and Dum-Dum Dugan, who's practically salivating over a woman in a bikini and asks Howard if he invented it. It leads to a very funny moment when Howard says "No, it's French." Howard looks very depressed when he says this.
    Marvel's AGENT CARTER "The Blitzkrieg Button" Synopsis; Stan Lee Cameo
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113343
    I don't know what to make of it?
    Pilot

Hey, remember that stock footage we started the One-Shot with? Same stuff here! Literally. Exactly the same. Then, we have Peggy standing at a window with the tea kettle going. She stirs herself some tea and looks over the newspaper, which has Howard Stark's picture on it. More stock footage, because Howard, it seems is having a little trouble. As Peggy gets ready for work, there's more stock footage from various parts of the film, and a bit from the One-Shot that takes place after this show.

Peggy's roommate, Pauline (I think is her name), comes in and goes right to bed, because she's sick. Peggy then heads off to work... At the phone company (SSR). She walks in to the secret headquarters of the SSR, which looks exactly like the one from One-Shot, and the red light goes off. Her boss (I don't remember his name, either) tells her to do secretarial work, but she blows that off and heads into the briefing room with them.

The briefing is a newsreel on Howard Stark's possible sale of military weapons and secrets to enemies of the US. The SSR goes on the hunt for Stark, who's gone missing. They're damn certain he did it, Peggy's sure he hasn't.

A war vet teases Peggy and treats her like a secretary, while another agent (Sousa) stands up for her. She doesn't particularly like it, and asks him to stop defending her. Another agent walks in and tells her to file some things because she's a woman.

Peggy's now at a coffee shop/restaurant where she strikes up conversation with one of the waitresses. Peggy tells her that she doesn't feel fulfilled at her job anymore, now that the war is over. The waitress tells her about her own problems trying to get onto Broadway, but it's quite obvious the two situations aren't remotely similar. An asshole customer calls the waitress away while a sneaky person walks by and leaves Peggy a message to meet in the alley.

Peggy goes outside and there's a creepy guy in a trench coat and fedora, who tries to be sneaky. Peggy doesn't take too kindly to it, and punches him, which causes a car to speed into the alley. Peggy shoots the tire out, causing it to hit the wall, and then Howard Stark opens up the car door and apologizes for being too subtle.

Howard explains the situation to Peggy, telling her that the vault where he keeps all his outrageously dangerous inventions (I think just the blueprints, but maybe the inventions themselves) was broken into, and his "Bad Babies" have been stolen. He's going out of the country to get some back, and leaves Peggy to search for the ones that are still in New York. The creepy bastard in the hat was really his butler, Edwin Jarvis. Howard tells Peggy to use Jarvis however she can to find the "Bad Babies".

After a little bit of humor with Jarvis, Peggy goes to work. Literally, the next scene is in the SSR. She tells Sousa some things about Stark, which are probably wrong just to send the SSR on the wrong track. Sousa then gives her the info she needs, that Spider Raymond is the fence that Peggy's looking for, and she sneaks into the briefing room to find out what else she needs. She then uses the excuse that she needs "lady's things" to get herself a day off.

Now we're at Spider Raymond's place, Raymond is buying the formula that Peggy's after. The seller then walks right past the attractive blonde in the great outfit, who just so happens to be Peggy. She declines the option to dance with somebody, then heads into Raymond's office.

She goes inside, and flirts with Raymond, then kisses him. He's very much enjoying this. A guy walks in, then leaves because he sees them kissing, and then it's revealed that Raymond's unconscious. Peggy uses a device to pick the lock on Raymond's safe and finds what she's looking for: a small glowing sphere.

Peggy calls Jarvis, and asks him about the device. More hilarity ensues as Jarvis is busy doing things for his wife while Peggy has an explosive. Jarvis tells her about the explosive and then they have to get off the phone.

The SSR team gets there, obviously late, and has a look around. Meanwhile, the mooks who work for Raymond find him unconscious and Peggy standing there, and Peggy knocks him out. Then the guy who sold the explosive to Raymond comes in and kills Raymond after he wakes up. Peggy dances with that other guy and then leaves. The SSR team finds Raymond dead.

Peggy goes home and her roommate is home in bed, very sick. Peggy offers to make her tea, then goes to work on the explosive. She disarms it (barely) and is about to have a drink of whatever one of those bottles was when she hears a noise. The assassin that killed Raymond has followed her, and has killed her roommate. Might have been Coleen, not Pauline, I can't tell with Peggy's accent. Either way, the assassin gets the drop on her.

She fights the assassin, disarms him, discovers a scar on his neck, burns his hand, then tosses him out a window. He disappears, however, because this is a comic book show and nobody dies when they're thrown out a window in a comic book show. Peggy then mourns her roommate's death.

She's back at the coffee shop with Jarvis, now, except that they're not sitting at the same table (for security reasons, probably). Jarvis comforts her, but she just talks about all the things she felt she wanted, but get those closest to her killed.

Jarvis takes her to see Anton Vanko, who explains the device and how dangerous it is, and that it's made of vita rays. To that end, Peggy returns to the SSR and steals a vita ray detector. On top of that, she discovers that only a Roxxon Oil refinery can produce the devices.

The assassin pulls out some equipment and hooks it up to a typewriter, which suddenly turns it into a pre-text-message text messaging device, which he receives orders from. His superiors tell him to complete his mission.

Peggy goes to the refinery with Jarvis, but tells him to stay in the car while she infiltrates and discovers a pair of men, only one of them talking. She uses a flash bang device on the talking man that looks severely more complicated than a grenade, then chases the other one to a milk truck, which has hundreds of devices in it. They have a semi-one-sided conversation, because he can only speak with the help of a device he presses against his neck, he name-drops Leviathan and then he drops a bomb and escapes in the truck.

Peggy tells Jarvis to get moving, then hoofs it herself, meeting up with Jarvis by jumping on his car and climbing in while it's moving. The implosion occurs, dragging along both the car's bumper and license plate, and Peggy and Jarvis barely get out alive.

The SSR team get a lead on the Raymond case, learning about a blonde and finding out that they have the photographs of her.

Peggy and Jarvis meet in the coffee shop again, where they both agree to look for Leviathan in their respective workplaces. There's a funny bit with Peggy and the rude customer from before, and then Peggy leaves.

Jarvis is on a carphone (in the 40s?) with Howard, and they say speak conspiratorially.
    Bridge and Tunnel

It's the Roxxon Oil Captain America Radio Hour! And Peggy doesn't want to hear it, so she tells Angie (the waitress) to change the station. Angie sees that Peggy's looking for a place to live and offers her own apartment building. Peggy's still in mourning from her roommate's death, so she declines.

She goes to see Jarvis, who tells her that Howard wants her to stay at his place. She agrees, but only for one night. She finds some... *cough*... costumes that Howard keeps in his closet, and takes one to use.

The assassin is on his wi-fi-typewriter, and then tortures a man to find Leet Brannis, the man his orders tell him to find.

Peggy shows up at the dairy that the truck came from, disguised as a health inspector, and looks for vita rays in all the dairy trucks, but doesn't find the one she's looking for. The only thing she learns is the name of the driver who uses it.

The SSR team gets the wreckage from the Roxxon implosion, and decide it's time to go over it with a fine tooth come, at least one of them will. The others are going to go see the head of Roxxon Oil.

Peggy finds the address of the driver, then spies on Sousa betting on horse races. He tells her that they've got the pictures from Spider Raymond's club, and that they'll find out who the blonde is. Just before he pulls them out, he's called away to help with the wreckage.

Peggy calls Jarvis and tells him to dump the car to hide the vita rays.

The SSR team goes to Roxxon to talk to the boss, who says that he and Howard used to be friends, but his own wife came between them. Roxxon Boss tells them that Howard is likely behind this. He seems to have a bit more knowledge than he probably should, but this makes sense to me, somehow.

Peggy tries to break into Sousa's desk in a very screwball comedy way (hiding under the desk). The phone rings multiple times, surprising her, and then Sousa returns just in time to answer it and note find Peggy. She slips back to her own desk, then gets assigned to bringing the vita ray detector to Roxxon. When she arrives, she's told that she has to use it on all the female staff members while the other guy uses it on all the men.

She scans herself to find any vita rays, and discovers that her watch is teeming with them, so she throws it away, then they all get to work. Nobody seems to have any vita rays on them, but Peggy recognizes the man she flash banged the night before. She manages to trick him into running, and then knocks him out by getting ahead of him and slamming a briefcase in his face.

The SSR boss puts a stick and a carrot in front of the man (Van Ert is his name, apparently). He tells him that if he talks and leads him to the guy ahead of him on the food chain, he'll be let go. He doesn't want to talk, so it's time for the hard way. One of the boys tells him to bite down on the stick, and then he goes to town on him.

Peggy waits outside the coffee shop for Jarvis, and Angie's still trying to sell the apartment to her. Peggy still says no, and Angie takes it personally, but is still hopeful that Peggy will change her mind. Peggy hops in the car and Jarvis drives off.

More Roxxon Oil Captain America Radio Hour! Betty Carver, you say? Peggy's still pissed off at it, though Jarvis likes it.

Van Ert leaves them with Leet Brannis's name, but nothing more. Broke the stick, apparently. Brannis is apparently the direct lead to Stark, and they now know about the milk truck driver, so they get on the move.

The assassin receives more instructions from is wi-fi-writer.

Peggy and Jarvis arrive at the truck driver's place, and find that the truck still has the bombs in it. The truck driver's listening to the radio show, which is wonderfully intercut with Peggy's fight with the truck driver. Then, the voiceless man shows up, and Peggy grabs him and interrogates him.

The voiceless man has split from Leviathan, and wants protection. Unfortunately, the truck driver has woken up and disappeared. Uh-oh. They all hop in the truck and drive off. As they do, the assassin drops onto the top of the truck and starts shooting.

Team SSR is on their way, too. They find the truck driver. He's still tied to a chair.

Peggy hops up top and fights the assassin, while Jarvis is trying to get the voiceless man to pull over. There's some nice comedy there, as always seems to happen when Jarvis is on-screen.

Team SSR questions the truck driver.

Peggy tells Jarvis to jump, beats the assassin a little more, then jumps herself. One of the implosion devices is rattling around inside the truck, so after everyone jumps clear - except the assassin, I think - the truck goes over the edge, and implodes.

Oh, turns out voiceless man is Leet Brannis. He's also dying. In his last few moments, he draws a heart with a line through it in the dirt, and then dies. Team SSR shows up and they're assuming the blonde is behind this, thanks to the female shoe prints.

Peggy and Jarvis have a conversation as Jarvis patches her up. She's pissed at him for helping, and he talks some sense into her, telling her that Steve Rogers only managed to do what he did because she helped him. It's probably true.

And so, Peggy takes Angie's offer and is interviewed for the apartment. Apparently the woman in charge doesn't really like men, but she accepts Peggy in anyway.

Back at the SSR, they're looking at photos, but not the nightclub photos with the blonde. Instead, it's photos of others in the nightclub. There are some photos of the blonde, but not her face. Peggy lucked out.

More radio show as the SSR guys find the one piece of evidence that can lead them somewhere, Howard's license plate.
    I really enjoyed first two episodes. Hayley Atwell is great as Peggy Carter. Howard Stark was funny in his role.
    I also liked 1940's vibe and Peggy fighting with sexism of that time.
    Now I'm waiting for more :-*
    My review for tonight's episode will be going up tomorrow after I rewatch the episode, because it's likely to be hindered by some unfortunate accidents that my DVR recording won't be affected by.
    I Forget the Title

Recap of the past two episodes , which isn't a surprise.

Peggy's in her new apartment, looking over the symbol that Leet Brannis left her. And now somebody's climbing up the side of the building. Odds are very good that it's Jarvis in a moment of comedy. Oh, no. It's Jimmy, and his girlfriend, Molly, lives there, but in the next apartment over. Peggy shuts the window on him.

Team SSR is checking out the place where the assassin's key came from, and they're being very thorough. They find the equipment for his wi-fi-typwriter.

Now we're back at the apartment building, where everyone's having breakfast. There's lots of chatter. The woman that runs the place (wait a minute... where do I know her from?) shows up and tells a story about Harry Houdini, and then tells Molly to hit the road because, dammit, men are not allowed above the first floor.

Back to Team SSR, who are looking over all the information they've accumulated, and it turns out Leet Brannis is the name of a KIA from the war. The license plate from the pilot has been identified, Team SSR knows that Howard Stark's car was at the Roxxon Oil refinery.

Peggy shows up at Jarvis' place, surprising him. Peggy wants to find out how Howard's vault was broken into, and wants to retrace the theif's steps. Team SSR shows up, and Jarvis meets them while Peggy hides. He throws up a story about how he had the char reported stolen, and then he's apprehended by the SSR for questioning.

The dickheaded member of Team SSR is being a dickhead, and is trying to get a shift change. Then we get to Thompson interrogating Jarvis. Peggy watches from the other room. Apparently, the death ray's been accounted for, in Nevada. Thompson shows Jarvis some pictures, but he says he doesn't recognize them. Jarvis is play his role pretty good, not giving anything away, and it's pissing off Thompson.

Ooh... Jarvis was accused of treason at some point. Interesting. He was discharged from some military (likely the British military), and it seems he might not be a legal citizen. I like this scene. Peggy looks very concerned. Thompson's even going so far as to threaten Jarvis' wife with deportation. Peggy can't take any more of this, and leaves the room. She walks past the dickhead, but she's not having any of his BS.

She returns a minute later with some papers for the chief to sign (I think his name is Dooley), which he does. Peggy then leaves. Dooley and Thompson meet in the hallway to discuss further interrogation techniques, and then Peggy shows up with the missing stolen car report, so Jarvis is off the hook. Dooley's pissed. Peggy apologizes to Thompson, but nobody wants Peggy around today. Looks like she just got her latest excuse to leave the office.

Hey, that Daredevil teaser aired during this commercial break. I'm surprised.

Peggy's back at her apartment building, and Molly's been replaced by Dorothy, who seems to really enjoy being around Peggy. The landlady's excited to have Dorothy, but neither Angie nor Peggy seem to care.

Peggy then grills Jarvis at what I believe is the Chrysler Building, but must be Howard's office (might actually be the Chrysler Building, actually). Peggy and Jarvis both go down the hole into into Howard's vault, or at least the tunnel that leads to Howard's vault. Seems as though the thief (who they assume is Brannis) used a boat during some heavy rain.

Back to Team SSR, where the dickhead is a little angry about the fact that he didn't get a shift trade. Sousa and Thompson are both there, too, and Sousa gets chewed out by the dickhead.

Back to Peggy and Jarvis, and Peggy wants to know the truth about his treason charge, but he's trying to dodge the question. Seems the charge was dropped pretty much right after it was brought up. Looks as though Jarvis forged his commanding officer's signature to get his eventual wife out of Budapest, and Howard managed to get them both out of England, and so Jarvis became indebted to him. Oooh, there's a boat with that symbol on it.

Peggy and Jarvis are on the ship, and they find crates. Peggy wants to call this in, but Jarvis says no. Because Peggy could also be given charges of treason, alongside Howard Stark, so he grills her on the possible questions. She tells Jarvis to call it in anyway, but anonymously. He calls the office with a phoney Brooklyn accent, and Sousa answers. It's funny, I'll give it that. Team SSR kicks it into gear and heads out to find the boat. Peggy meets the local goon.

Peggy's gettin' tossed around the room by the goon, but then she starts landing some hits. Looks like the goon was told about Peggy (or people like her "One of you" he says), and he was ready for her. She grabs an invention and hits him in the arm with it, and then she and Jarvis (who has returned) hightail it out of there just as Team SSR shows up.

Sousa and the dickhead check out the boat, find the goon, and then the crates. The dickhead is happy, Sousa's skeptical. I guess the goon was a member of the circus. Huh. Interesting. Dooley's just as skeptical as Sousa was, but they're happy they've gotten some Stark stuff. Uh oh... The goon mentions that the woman that beat him up was English, and the dickhead locks on to that. Luckily, he's killed in just a few seconds by an assassin, and so is the goon.

Sci-fi movie with Mila Kunis and Sean Bean... What the hell is this? Jupiter Ascending, huh? I might actually watch that when it comes out on DVD. Not sooner.

Peggy returns to the SSR, and doesn't look like she's in the mood. Nobody else seems all that happy. Guess the news about the dickhead dying has made it to the office. Sousa really wants to get the guy who killed the dickhead. Dooley's making this extremely personally, blaming Howard Stark on it. Damn, son.

Peggy goes to the diner and finds Angie there. She talks about the dickhead's death, but Angie, of course, has a story to go with it, totally making it seem crappy. A guy in the background orders a refill on his coffee, so Angie goes over to do that as we pull back to reveal the outside of the building.

Hey, unless I missed a scene on the boat, I think I actually got the whole episode, despite the DirecTV box cutting out on me! Awesome!
    I liked last episode but in my opinion nr1-2 were a much, much better.
    I'm waiting for "Blitzkrieg Button" with return of Howard Stark and Stan Lee cameo.
    We see a house by the tracks. Looks like this is a meeting place between Jarvis and a couple goons. One of the goons is tossing a ball at a wall, but Peggy must be there, because the ball doesn't come back for a little while. Anyway, the goons want more money, Jarvis says no. Another couple goons are patroling the place, but Peggy knocks them out. Jarvis uses his From Russia With Love attache case to gas them, and they find out exactly what they want: Howard Stark's secret location in a rundown train car that I'd very much love to live in.

Peggy wants answers from Howard, but he wants to wait until they get to one of Stark's penthouses. They almost get caught by the SSR, but Peggy stops that. They have to go to a different location, which Peggy suggests: Her apartment building. They sneak in through what looks to be a porthole, and Peggy gets Howard into the dumbwaiter, and apparently the landlady has seen this ruse before.

The SSR is going through files on Stark, and I swear the SSR's boss (who's name I've forgotten) has now stopped using Just For Men, because I don't remember his hair being this gray. He's heading to Germany to talk to a Nazi about Green Suit and What's-His-Name.

The landlady is leading Peggy to her apartment, and is trying to figure out where the man she's hidden is, but apparently Howard has left the dumbwaiter and is now probably in Peggy's apartment. Nope, somebody else's. She kicks his ass into her own apartment.

Peggy and Howard talk, and then Peggy gets changed for work. Howard just stands around drinking. Peggy goes to work and the subboss of the SSR, Thompson, wants to get right the f*ck to work trying to find Howard Stark. Sousa wants to find out who sent that anonymous phone call, but Peggy discourages him, and is then palced on lunch orders. She heads into the lab and the SSR lab rats are just plain idiots when it comes to Stark's tech. They're nearly killing themselves.

Sousa finds the phone that Jarvis called in the boat from, but he finds nothing. He goes to talk to a couple of homeless people and get some information, but one of them doesn't know, and the other doesn't want to talk to them.

The goons from the beginning talk to their boss, Mr. Mink, who has a miniature gatling gun. He kills the goons because they failed him.

Peggy goes home to talk to Howard, who's not there. Her entire apartment building is gonna be full of Tony Stark's half-brothers at this pace. Sousa takes the homeless guy in for questioning, but nobody takes him seriously. Peggy and Howard develop some photos, including some very... *ahem*... inappropriate pictures. He continues developing them while Peggy goes downstairs for dinner.

Sousa interrogates the homeless man by telling him a sob story about his leg. I guess the homeless guy fought in WWII, but either way, this works. The guy still hasn't said anything, but Sousa knows he will.

Peggy grabs some dinner then heads back upstairs. Howard doesn't sound happy, because he has to ask Peggy to steal one his inventions from the SSR.

The one particular invention is a miniature EMP bomb, one that provides an "off" switch for everything, but not an "on". He builds a fake for her to swap with the real thing, and then she heads out to Jarvis for a ride. Mr. Mink is following them, or knows that Stark is in the building, I don't know.

Thompson interrupts Sousa's friendly interrogation with a cheeseburger, and tries to get the homeless man to talk. He does, surprisingly. He saw a man and a woman, but not the blonde from that party in the pilot episode. Thompson hands over the booze and the burger and the homeless man takes them.

Now we're with Dooley, in Germany, talking to the Nazi. The Nazi may or may not know the two men, depending on that face.

Peggy and Jarvis plan on how she'll steal Stark's device. Jarvis clearly knows he's being followed, and tries to tell Peggy this using gestures.

Back to Dooley and the Nazi. He tries to get the Nazi to talk by telling him how he's going to die. He offers him cyanide for information, so that he doesn't die a horrible hanging death. Turns out the "battle" that the two men were in wasn't a battle so much as a massacre that the Nazi's arrived at late, and it was so shocking that the Nazis were practically pissing their pants. That cyanide was apparently a breath mint.

Sousa and Thompson talk about the interrogation, but it's a stupid conversation.

Peggy sneaks in, steals Stark's device, then walks into another room and has a flashback. She opens up the small ball and finds a vial of red fluid. Wonder what it is. Anyway, she ducks into the interrogation room and finds Thompson, who berates her by calling her a woman. She leaves.

Mr. Mink is still watching Jarvis. Peggy ends up at her apartment, likely without Jarvis (so as not to lead Mr. Mink to Howard), and interrogates Howard about the vial. Ooh... The vial has Steve Rogers' blood in it. She punches him.

Mr. Mink arrives at Peggy's apartment building with flowers, saying they're for Peggy. The landlady says no, and he leaves.

Peggy's angry about what Howard did, but he says that he's just a natural lier. He has Cap's blood because he wants to use it to help people, and he doesn't want the government to take it away from him. Peggy's very angry at him, because she thinks he wants to monetize everything he does with Cap's blood, so she leaves.

Mr. Mink finds the largest vent in recorded history and breaks into the building. He finds Peggy's apartment, and just as he's about to break into her room, that Dorothy woman comes out of her apartment and snaps his freaking neck in a manner that would make Natasha Romanoff extremely jealous.

Peggy's walking down the street and Jarvis meets up with her. He knew that the vial was Cap's blood, and those motions that he was doing earlier weren't him trying to warn her, they were his tell. Jarvis sits down next to Howard, who's sitting next to Stan freaking Lee.

Peggy returns to work. Sousa looks at the pictures, grabs the one of the blonde, colors her hair dark. Dooley returns home and Thompson shows him that the location of the "battle" that Dooley was investigating was visited by one Howard Stark.

Peggy returns home, tunes in the radio. Dorothy plays with her new gun with Mr. Wink's corpse under the bed. Peggy does some redecorating to hide the vial. Dooley looks over photos while the wi-fi-typewriter receives a message, leading us to the end of the episode.

Howling Commandos next week!
    Somebody's eyes open. Russian, 1937, apparently, so I'm betting it's Dottie. There's a dozen girls in the room, and they need to learn how to speak English by watching old Disney movies, then they learn how to kill one another. Now we're back to the present (well, 1946). Dottie and Peggy talk in the restaurant. Dottie knocks Peggy's purse down (probably on purpose) and then picks it back up. Uh-oh, Dottie stole some keys.

Peggy's at a news stand, and Jarvis shows up. Peggy's not happy to see him, and they argue about Howard. Peggy doesn't want to help him, but Jarvis begs her to come back and help, telling her just what Thompson told her last week, that the men at the SSR will never accept her.

Peggy heads to work, where everybody's going apesh*t about that wi-fi-typewriter. Peggy helps decode the message that was received on the typewriter. Looks like Leviathan is a mythical Russian organization. The boss sets a team up to go to Russia, and Peggy injects herself into it.

Thompson isn't happy about this, and he and Peggy go into the boss's office. She says that she needs to come because she knows exactly what the team will need to know to complete the mission. She says that the 107th knows what the team will need to know to complete the mission. The boss tells her that if she actually manages to get the 107th, she goes. Of course, she does. Hello Howling Commandos!

Thompson's team isn't happy that Peggy's coming along, or that she's changing in their locker room. Sousa walks in with intel. Thompson plays a high school prank and sends Sousa around to the side of the room where Peggy's changing. Dickhead.

Now we're in a plane, where Peggy's trying to get Thompson to stay calm, but he's not havin' that. They parachute down, and the team finds the Howling Commandos. Dum Dum Dugan has had Peggy smuggle in some bourbon, and then asks her for the briefing. She tells him, and then they have a brief moment about Steve Rogers.

Back in the SSR, and a man hands Sousa a file just as the boss walks out. Looks like that file pretty much positively ID's Peggy as the blonde.

Everybody's eating around the campfire, and the Howling Commandos are having a good time making Thompson feel inadequate. He then lays on them the story of how he got his Navy Cross. The incident clearly truamatised him, which makes Peggy think a little bit about how she's treated him.

Back in the US, and the SSR boss talks to John Glover about the battle he was learning about last episode. Looks like Howard was involved in the clean-up of that "battle", a was very unhappy with the general who led the clean-up. John Glover seems to believe that Howard isn't really guilty of anything, but it's not going over well with the SSR boss (I forget his name every week).

The team and the Commandos get ready to infiltrate a building, in teams of two, though that doesn't seem to last long. Maybe it was teams of four. Either way, they find the school that the Black Widow children were trained in. They're all very creeped out by this place, and find a kid crying in a room. Dum Dum tries to make small talk with her, and she stabs him when he's trying to figure out the reason his hat is called a bowler hat.

The girl does some slick moves and escapes while Dum Dum pulls the knife out of his chest. He wants to toss a grenade after the girl, but Peggy stops him.

Looks like the SSR boss has been following Jarvis. They talk about Howard and that general, but Jarvis says he doesn't know what the SSR boss is talking about. SSR boss says he just wants the truth, and wants to talk to Howard.

Back in the USSR, everybody's going after that girl. They find a group of men locked up, who they then likely rescue.

Dottie uses the key she stole from Peggy to break into her apartment. Methinks she's there for Cap's blood. Methinks she's gonna find it. She does find a secret box with pictures in it. The stuff from the boat, it looks like. She puts the box back and, minus one photo, then finds Peggy's photo of Cap pre-serum, and then goes all creepy, sniffing Peggy's lipstick. She leaves.

Peggy and the team talk to the locked up scientists. Leviathan is building one of Howard's designs. They free the scientists, and then everybody gets a runnin', because Leviathan's soldiers start shooting at them. The scientist holds Gabe Jones hostage for a moment in an attempt to escape from Leviathan, but he gets shot.

Thompson folds under pressure, and then Dum Dum breaks through the wall with a shotgun. Peggy tries to get Thompson back into the game, and it works. I think this scene will go a long way toward getting Peggy some respect at the SSR. They all pile into a truck and make their escape.

Thompson's team and the Howling Commandos say goodbye, and Peggy says goodbye to Dum Dum. Peggy takes the bald scientist with her, Dum Dum laments the loss of his bourbon. On the plane ride home, Thompson and Peggy talk. Turns out the men he killed for his Navy Cross were surrendering. He's not the hero people believe he is, and he hates living with that.

Back in New York, Dottie cuffs herself to her bed. Looks like she needs that after all this time.

Thompson and Peggy report to the SSR boss, and while they don't believe that Howard's working with Leviathan, Thompson still believes that Howard gave them the specs. Thompson then asks Peggy to come with him and the rest of the gang for a drink, but Sousa declines. Yeah, he's all but put two and two together that Peggy was the blonde.
  • Yes. Episode 5 was amazing but now I'm waiting for a "Peggy/Dottie" showdown.
    Okay, some people are getting black bags pulled off of their heads in Soviet Russia. A general (I think) explains to them that they have the "honor" of joining Leviathan. One man speaks out, he's killed. Oh, turns out this was a flashback. It's that guy from last time who came back to the US with Peggy. Chief Dooley (I remember his name!) is questioning him, and Peggy asks a couple questions as well. The man doesn't really seem to know anything.

Dooley pulls Carter out of the room and Peggy explains her evidence that these women that are trained by Leviathan are very important, and one of them may have killed the jackass from earlier on in the season.

Angie is talking to herself at the diner, and then goes to give Peggy a new key to her apartment. She thinks she lost her key, not that the Black Widow stole it. They talk about Angie's Broadway career that ain't, and then Jarvis shows up. And Angie knows that they're talking to one another. Peggy asks for a list of women that Howard Stark has entertained, and Jarvis explains that that's simply too many damn people.

Dottie shows up at a building, for an interview for something, and she locks the door because it's very likely she's gonna kill this guy. Sousa goes to what I assume has to be a prison, since I see the word "inmates" on the wall. He talks to the guy from the second episode who was tied to the chair, who looks like he's gained sixty pounds since being arrested no more than half a month ago. Sousa shows him the picture of Peggy, and the guy says that that was the woman who tied him to the chair.

Peggy and Jarvis speak to a jeweler about bracelets that he buys for all the women he's romanced. The list is shorter than Jarvis thought it would be. Dottie's at her interview, which is apparently for a dental receptionist, I guess. She kills the man.

Peggy goes looking for the women Howard's snogged but Jarvis doesn't want to go. It appears as though Jarvis was the one to give these women the "sorry, I'm dumping you" message. This scene reminds me of the third Slapsgiving episode of How I Met Your Mother. There's one more name, so they go on their way.

Dooley is still talking to that Russian, who doesn't seem to be able to give him any information. The Russian goes psychiatrist with Dooley, because that's his job, and Dooley doesn't really care. Dottie assembles a sniper rifle int eh dentist's office and is looking in on Dooley's office. Ah, sh*t... I think that shrink is gonna die. Dooley looks like he likes the shrink, so it's too bad he's likely about to die. Or... Not... It appears as though he's receiving a message from her, and he sends one back. Methinks his defection was much less so. Dottie's new mission is to kill Peggy.

Peggy goes to see the last girl, but nobody answers the door, so she just opens it and walks inside to find a very empty room. A fat child then finds Jarvis in the hallway and looks like he's sizing him up. Peggy inspects the bed and finds some marks signifying that the woman who lived there cuffed herself to the bed. Jarvis bribes the fat kid to leave. This kid will grow up to be Mojo, I'm sure.

Dooley's pouring his heart (and drinks) to the shrink, who's probably charging by the hour. Somebody drops a file off with Thompson, who's defending Dooley talking to the shrink, because mister "I Will Drop Off This File" is concerned. If the shrink isn't charging by the hour, he's a damn moron. I think he's hypnotising him now. Thank God for Sousa, who interrupts.

Peggy drops by the diner, where Jarvis is already waiting with information on the woman - nobody knows anything. The SSR is clearing the place out, and then Peggy decides it's best to beat the crap out of them. She and Jarvis try to hoof it, but Thompson's outside waiting. She knocks him out, too. She tells Jarvis to wait for her, then runs, and Sousa stops her. He doesn't shoot her, but he doesn't want her to run. She breaks his heart by running into a commercial break.

Back at the SSR, and Dooley's not happy that Peggy got away. He calls a city-wide lock-down, and wants everybody in the building looking for her. The shrink is ushered into a corner while Dooley goes to deal with the Peggy Carter situation, so of course the shrink decides to work his magic on Mr. "I Will Drop Off This File".

Thompson and Sousa argue over losing Peggy, then head for Peggy's apartment. The shrink is still working his magic on the episode's redshirt. The man should have been on Lie To Me, he's so damn good at reading people. He works his hypnotism on the redshirt.

Peggy goes to her apartment for Cap's blood. Thompson and Sousa show up with more agents and piss the landlady off something fierce. They break into Peggy's room and find that she's gone. Or, well, out the window.

Peggy's still out the window, and I'm getting serious Man on a Ledge vibes from this scene. She tries to cross over, and finds Angie's room. At about the same time as the SSR. She fake cries, which awkwards everybody. Clearly, Angie should have gotten that Broadway stint. I swear Thompson has the same nickname for his grandmother that Ward did on Agents of SHIELD. Either way, the SSR stays to search the place.

The shrink is working his hypnotic magic on the redshirt, and it's working. He now knows where the Stark tech is, and wants to get it, but only Dooley can go in there. He tells the redshirt to leave the room, go to a bar, order a drink, and get hit by a truck. Damn, he's good.

Angie helps Peggy out some more, getting her a ride (or something). Peggy thanks her, then does her best to leave. That's when Dottie shows up. Dottie kisses her, drugs her, and that's when Peggy realizes that Dottie is the woman she'd been looking for the whole episode.

Team SSR find Dottie and Peggy, but Dottie hides the fact that she's the one behind Peggy's current unconsciousness. They cuff Peggy and carry her out, all the while she's starting to wake up. As they drive away, she stares at Dottie. Now they arrive at the SSR, Dooley gives her a death stare.

Now we're back at the apartment building, Angie goes into Dottie's apartment to grab her, but Dottie's nowhere to be found. It looks as though she just packed up and left. Back at the SSR, Peggy's glued to an interrogation table (by 'glued', I mean 'cuffed'). They put photos and the container with the vial of Cap's blood in it in front of her, and then get started.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,341
    I don't know what it is that sets me off about this show, I can't quite put my finger on it. Whenever someone mentions it I just want to take it out and beat it with a tireiron
  • I'm on the opposite side.
    I like this tv series. I like Hayley Atwell and charm of post WWII New York.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 12,459
    The little I've seen, I love this show! Really like all the actors involved. I'm trying to watch more of it. I especially love the period it is set in.
    The show is awesome. I just hope the season finale doesn't feel too abrupt (considering the show is only 8 episodes, there's only 2 left), or that it too heavily contradicts the Agent Carter One-Shot.
    The recent review in EW was very good. :)
    Read my reviews. I'm much better.
    Not bad, actually.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is that sets me off about this show, I can't quite put my finger on it. Whenever someone mentions it I just want to take it out and beat it with a tireiron

Looks like I'm in the minority here. Okay, we agree to disagree. Your all beautiful! :-*

I will stick to shows like Justified....
    Being in a minority isn't a big problem.
    The penultimate episode of season one, everybody. Either it gets renewed, or this becomes a miniseries. I see miniseries, because it's good, but probably not series good.

We're somewhere in time as the shrink is brought in to administer hypnotic anestisia. He does this by asking the man what he was doing before the war, and his techniques aren't entirely working, but he quickly tells him to focus on the illusion. The surgeons amputate his leg while he's unconscious.

In the show's present, Sousa interrogates Peggy. He seems extremely hurt by her possible betrayal, so clearly, he had a thing for her. Dooley and the shrink are watching from the other room, and Thompson walks in and explains that the redshirt from last week is dead now. Thompson's curious about the shrink being there, but Dooley covers for it. After this, Dooley, Thompson and Sousa take turns interrogating Peggy.

Interestingly, Thompson seems be the most sympathetic with her, which is hilarious, because he was the one that told her that she'd never fit in. Sousa seriously seems like he was personally betrayed, like he believes that Peggy did this just to spite him. Dooley asks about the orb with the vial, and then about the battle that he's been investigating. Peggy tells him that they should be looking for Dottie instead of interrogating her. Dottie, by the way, is busy shopping for baby stuff.

Thompson once again asks Peggy to just give up everything she knows. She doesn't. Jarvis walks inside and asks to speak to Dooley, explaining that he has a signed confession from Stark. This gets everybody in the telephone front company speechless.

The conditions ont he confession are that the SSR hands Peggy over to Jarvis, and then they get Stark. Dooley wants to take the deal, but he wants Stark first. Dooley promptly fires Peggy, so that he never has to see her again after they get Howard. Peggy cleans out her desk, and Jarvis is very sorry for all of this.

It seems the confession wasn't really Howard's, Jarvis wrote it. He did try to get Howard to help, but Stark never answered his calls. He simply faked it, just so that he could get Peggy out of this situation.

Dooley calls his wife, while the shrink stands at the window, likely giving Dottie instructions. Oh, no, he doesn't look like he is. After Dooley's done on the phone, the shrink looks like he's working his magic on him.

Jarvis wants to escape, but Peggy tells him he's an idiot. Oh, it looks like the shrink is giving Dottie instructions, and Peggy notices. She takes down the message and realizes that Leviathan is about to strike.

Peggy tells Dooley about the faked confession and so she confesses in his place. She accepts responsibility so that she can warn them about the shrink and what may happen. Dooley asks why she went on a secret investigation, and she explains that she did because she could, because no one notices her. They ask for some reason to believe her, so she gives them the last vial of Cap's blood.

Sousa has now pulled a 180 and believes Peggy. Thompson seems to be on the fence, and Dooley doesn't trust her at all. He still orders someone go across the street and check out what's going on. He then goes into his office and asks the shrink to close the window. The shrink sees that something's going on, and tries to hypnotize Dooley. It's working.

What the hell? Did Dooley turn into Mr. Cunningham? He looks so weird outside of a suit. He's trying to break the shrink's hold on him, but it's not working.

Thompson and Sousa talk in the elevator, and both believe Peggy. Dooley pulls Peggy and Jarvis out into the interrogation room, where he points a gun at them. Dammit, that shrink. He locks them in the room and breaks the key. Dottie almost runs into Sousa, who is now suspicious.

Dooley and the shrink walk into the room with all of Stark's gadgets, and tells all the lab people to leave. The shrink closes the door and asks for "item 17". They look around for it, and the shrink finds what looks to be a flak jacket. Dooley finds item 17, which appears to be... something.

Dottie tries to make her exit, spots Sousa's shadow, and then this turns into a fight. Sousa nearly hits her, and one of the SSR guys gets the drop on her, and she smiles.

Dooley almost breaks out of the hypnosis, but it doesn't work. The shrink leaves. He gets picked up by Dottie, who killed the one guy. Thompson runs out of the building just in time to miss them escaping.

Jarvis shouts for help, while Peggy knows nothing's going to happen. They decide to break the glass with the table. Jarvis asks the two funniest questions, and Peggy gives the two funniest answers. They get lucky, Thompson walks in.

Dooley goes home, and he's still hypnotized. He's freaking his wife out and pretty much admits treason to her, but he just wanted to go home. Why do I sense explosion? Oh, he's asleep, and, yes he's strapped with what appears to be an explosive vest. Apparently the vest is technically a prototype Iron Man armor, interesting.

Sousa walks into the dentist's office where the dentist is still being a corpse. He looks over the notes that Dottie apparently left there. Dooley admits that he was hypnotized, and everyone's sh*tting themselves because Dooley's pretty much about to blow. He grabs Thompson's gun and asks someone to tell his wife that he's sorry. He demands Peggy catch Leviathan, then he shoots out a window and jumps just before the vest explodes.

The SSR cleans up in the wake of the bomb. Sousa shows up late. Peggy blames herself, and Jarvis does the obvious and tells her that it wasn't her fault, but does the surprising thing by blaming Howard. It seems as though Cap's blood may very well have been the target. Dottie walks into a movie theater and leaves a stroller with a potential bomb in it (or something). The blood wasn't the target, that possible bomb was.

Nobody knows what item 17 was. It's causing everybody in the movie theater to cough, and then violently assault one another. What the hell? I think it's pretty obvious what happened at the Battle of Finnel (or however you spell it): that gas turned everybody nuts and they slaughtered themselves.
    Season finale, people. Let's see how this contradicts the One-Shot, because that's pretty much not in continuity at all, now.

We start out with the Captain America Radio Hour! I love 40s radio shows, they're crazy as hell. We then cut to the SSR arriving at the movie theater where everybody slaughtered themselves. Sousa examines the baby carriage that the gass device was delivered in, and then he finds the canister itself and breathes some in by accident. He begins strangling Thompson (I think), but the cops knock him out and pull him off.

Dottie and the Shrink are driving along in their automobile, talking about how they're going to tear the American Institution down when a cop pulls them over. Looks like Dottie ran a red light. They fake everything, then the cop goes back to his car and hears a radio report about them. Dottie points a gun at him.

Sousa wakes up strapped to a bed completely fine. He remembers what happened, and apologizes for it. Thompson is briefing the SSR team about the canisters, Peggy explains that the Shrink has a plan and a target, and Howard Stark walks in, claiming himself to be the target. Everybody points a gun at him, Jarvis surrenders, Howard just doesn't seem to care.

Howard is placed under arrest, and Thompson and Sousa grill him. He brings everything he has on the Battle of Finnel, and explains that the gas was intended to keep soldiers awake longer, but it instead causes severe sleep deprivation and psychosis. It was used at Finnel against Howard's wishes. Howard agrees to be bait for the SSR to catch the Shrink. The press leaks the news, which gets the Shrink's attention.

There's a pretty funny scene with Howard getting angry about how his inventions are being treated (I particularly like the one where he picks one device up and turns it around so that it's laying on the opposite side and says "This is fine now"), then he grabs some body armor. After getting an earful from Peggy about how stupid this idea is, he snatches Cap's blood just as he leaves the room.

Thompson stands in front of a podium beside Howard and explains to the world that Howard is a hero. Howard is feeding Thompson some things to say, which makes Thompson walk away and leave the talking to Howard. Meanwhile, Peggy is very paranoid. Someone takes some shots at Howard, which forces Howard into a car meant for the SSR, but unfortunately, that cop that pulled Dottie and the Shrink over is behind the wheel, and he's been brainwashed.

Peggy and Thompson talk to one another about potential targets and figure out that Times Square will be hit, because it's VE Day. Sousa and Jarvis find the cop car, but Howard is missing and the cop is either dead or unconscious, nobody seems to care. Howard, meanwhile, has a gun held on him by Dottie, who asks him if he remembers her. Stark, ever the playboy that goes with the name "Stark" asks if he should remember her. She promptly knocks him out.

Sousa discovered that the car Howard was in was headed out of town. He, Thompson and Peggy talk about where they could be going, mentioning that the gas was meant to be distributed by air. Jarvis explains that all of Howard's planes weren't actually confiscated. There's a quick flashback to six months prior, where Howard shows off his hangar to Dottie, which then transitions to Dottie waking Howard up in the hangar.

The Shrink explains that he was at Finnel, and is only still alive because he was wearing a gas mask. His brother and friends, on the other hand, were not lucky at all. Howard tries to apologize, but the Shrink isn't havin' it. He wants Howard to suffer for creating that gas. He works toward hypnotising Howard, and g*ddamnit, it's working. It's a good bet that Howard is gonna be flying that plane. Apparently, Howard's greatest regret was not finding Cap after the Valkyrie crashed. Peggy and the SSR arrive just as Howard flies off in the plane.

Peggy demands that someone take a plane up to shoot Howard down in case talking him out of it doesn't work. Jarvis is the only one with any flight training, so he takes the job. Peggy goes inside the radio tower with a shotgun where she finds Dottie and the Shrink giving Howard instructions. This leads into an awesome girl-on-girl fight between Peggy and Dottie. During this fight, Peggy tries to use the radio any chance she gets. Apparently, Dottie was jealous of women like Peggy. This is odd to me. She didn't seem to have a personal motive in this before, now she all of a sudden does. Either way, Dottie ends up thrown through a window and onto the wing of a plane, that's one Black Widow down.

Sousa and Thompson go around looking for the Shrink while Peggy tries to talk Howard out of the hypnosis. The Shrink knocks Thompson out and tries talking Sousa into hypnosis. It looks like he doesn't need his ring to hypnotise people after all. Thompson wakes up and tries talking Sousa out of it. Sousa then punches the Shrink in the face and takes out his earplugs. Jarvis is ready to shoot Howard down if need be, and asks Peggy if he should do it.

Jarvis is desperate for an answer, but Peggy tells him not to fire. She keeps trying to talk Howard down. It seems as though Howard views everything he's done as destruction, except for Cap. Peggy tells him it's time to move on, despite the fact that it's just as difficult for her as it will be for him. This wakes Howard up, and Peggy tells Jarvis not to shoot Howard.

Peggy goes downstairs to find that Dottie's not as dead as we all thought she was. Thompson and Sousa carry the Shrink to a car. Howard tells Jarvis that shooting him down was not what he wanted. Then he remembers that Dottie was Ida when he met her.

The next day, Peggy walks into the SSR and everyone congratulates her. A senator then walks in and thanks Thompson for saving New York. Nobody says otherwise, even Thompson. Sousa tries to stand up for Peggy, but she tells him not to, that it doesn't bother her. Sousa then tries to get a date out of Peggy, but it doesn't work. She says she's going to meet a friend. Hrm... is Sousa destined to be the man she marries?

Peggy and Jarvis show Angie a house (penthouse?) where she and Peggy are going to live, donated by Howard himself. As Angie runs into another room to use the phone, Jarvis and Peggy talk about what'll happen next in each of their lives, and Jarvis tells Peggy that Howard is going to destroy all of his "Bad Babies" to keep them out of anyone's hands. Jarvis then presents Peggy with Cap's blood, explaining that he faked its destruction and hid it from Howard. Peggy takes it to the Brooklyn bridge and pours it out.

The Shrink has a device placed over his mouth to keep him quiet, and is placed in a dark cell. Someone speaks from the darkness, and his name is Arnim Zola. Methinks the Shrink will be recruited into HYDRA. And that's the end, folks.