Spectre: A High Time to Kill Adaptation - 'Post Production'

edited January 2015 in Fan Creations Posts: 267
dzfbyw.jpg

Whilst Spectre is filming and us as Bond fans are discussing every bit of what we've learnt so far, I've had the an idea, which I'm going to make a new project of mine. After re-reading Raymond Benson's James Bond novels, I felt inspired and began noticing similarities between events in one specific Benson novel and the twenty-fourth Bond film, Spectre.

I had to have a discusssion with member @GalaSilva as she also did an adaptation of the novel recently, but after a few messages it was soon obvious that I was on to something and that I could go ahead with this plan I had. @GalaSilva eve said I could borrow the poster she made for the film if I needed one. I'm basically going to use this discussion page as a sort of 'notepad' for all my ideas and a way of learning what people like and don't like with what I've with the adaptation. The finished product will feel very much like a corssover between High Time to Kill and Spectre, but not all will be similar as I also plan to adapt the rest of Benson's Union trilogy with Spectre as an obvious replacement.

I know some people will think I'm mad, but let me just have some fun. Also, I'd love for anyone interested to join the discussion even if you haven't read the Union trilogy, your input would be very much welcome.

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You're not allowed to post any information obtained from the leaks on any thread other than the one dedicated to them.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 267
    jake24 wrote: »
    You're not allowed to post any information obtained from the leaks on any thread other than the one dedicated to them.

Then I won't mention or post "information obtained from the leaks".

• edited January 2015 Posts: 267
    Original plot for High Time to Kill:

"The world of James Bond is introduced to the ruthless terrorist organization called 'The Union', whose brutal trademark is slashing the throat of and who cross them. When a top secret British formula hidden in microfilm, codenamed 'Skin 17' is stolen and surgically implanted in the pacemaker of an unhealthy old man, James Bond is sent in to recover it before The Union and a boyish rival named Roland Marquis can sell the microfilm to a foreign power. When the plane of the pacemaker's host is hijacked and crashed into the Himalayas, a deadly race commences to recover Skin 17. The race climaxes with Bond battling Marquis atop the peak of Kangchenjunga. After a physical high elevation fight, Bond escapes with Skin 17 and leaves Marquis to freeze to death atop the great peak."
This discussion has been closed.