Will you prepare for "SPECTRE" by (re-)reading Ian Fleming's Blofeld trilogy?

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Only last week in an book shop I put my hand on an old Balzac ! :D
    ( Sorry a very old joke )
  • Villiers53 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Alan007 wrote: »
    Going to australia later in the year so going to download them and read on the plane

Surely you need to inhale the scent of an old Fleming while reading? I can't imagine reading a Fleming digitally.

How right you are RC7, I can't imagine not being able to inhale that sent of real print.
    I always bring out one of my leather bound Easton press editions and inhale with gusto whilst rereading.
    I also take pride in having it underarm or on display for others to comment on. In fact, all this talk of Spectre makes me reach for my copy of Thunderball!

I already spent my money on very rare vintage Bond posters. Because those leather bound Fleming novels are insanely priced :-P.
    Happily I bought them direct from Easton press in 2007 at the cover price - I got their last set!

Villiers53 wrote: »
    Going to australia later in the year so going to download them and read on the plane

Surely you need to inhale the scent of an old Fleming while reading? I can't imagine reading a Fleming digitally.

How right you are RC7, I can't imagine not being able to inhale that sent of real print.
    I always bring out one of my leather bound Easton press editions and inhale with gusto whilst rereading.
    I also take pride in having it underarm or on display for others to comment on. In fact, all this talk of Spectre makes me reach for my copy of Thunderball!

I already spent my money on very rare vintage Bond posters. Because those leather bound Fleming novels are insanely priced :-P.
    Happily I bought them direct from Easton press in 2007 at the cover price - I got their last set!

I'm re-reading them in this order:

--> "Thunderball" (1st part of the Blofeld/SPECTRE-trilogy, set around 1959)
    --> "Octopussy" (short novel, set around the Oberhauser-family, around 1960)
    --> "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (2nd part of the Blofeld/SPECTRE-trilogy, set around 1961)
    --> "The Spy Who Loved Me" (independent novel, with references to SPECTRE, also about henchman "Horror" = "Hinx"?, set around 1961
    --> "You Only Live Twice" (3rd and final part of the Blofeld/SPECTRE-trilogy, also set around the Bond-family, Bond's father and mother, set around 1962)

I'm now busy reading "Thunderball" :-).
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, I'm limbering up to write a few pieces on Blofeld for my blog before the release of SPECTRE. :)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    And I never like this Blofeld character; only great thing about Blofeld is John Gardner's Blofeld's daughter- Nena... Nevertheless, I glad these books has fans.

That's a very...interesting opinion. I thought the Nena "reveal" was one of the lowlights in a book with many. It was obviously very early on that Nena was the real Blofeld. Although that made some of her actions hard to explain.

--> "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (2nd part of the Blofeld/SPECTRE-trilogy, set around 1961)
    --> "The Spy Who Loved Me" (independent novel, with references to SPECTRE, also about henchman "Horror" = "Hinx"?, set around 1961
    --> "You Only Live Twice" (3rd and final part of the Blofeld/SPECTRE-trilogy, also set around the Bond-family, Bond's father and mother, set around 1962)

that's a great reading program. I have too big a reading list for the Blofeld trilogy sadly, but will keep the books nearby.
    Ludovico wrote: »

that's a great reading program. I have too big a reading list for the Blofeld trilogy sadly, but will keep the books nearby.

I'm reading a lot of Arthur C. Clarke lately. But this morning I started to read "OHMSS" again. I finished "TB" and "OP" now.
    Just read this news on the frontpage of our beloved "MI6-HQ.com" :-):

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11772&t=mi6&s=news
    "The SPECTRE Trilogy': three Fleming novels to be released in a new volume"