Don't touch that!..it's my lunch!

Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 642
What Bond delicacy from the movies or books really whets your appetite?

Allow me to get the worst example out the way by quoting Goodnight. "the fried mushroom looks terribly interesting" does it dear? Does it really? lol

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Hmm, one from the novels; crab with toast, and pink champagne :)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    the cucumber sandwiches in Moonraker.

I am American and we don't have those here.

I've been to London and the U.K. (including Bath) many times and I never seen it served or sold - it seems to me the Brits eat fish and chips more than anything else.

You can find fish and chips just about on every menu at every restaurant but not cucumber sandwiches.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Good call j7wild. I'm going to make one now in your honour. Mayo or no Mayo?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Hmm, one from the novels; crab with toast, and pink champagne :)
    Have to agree with that a mountain of crab and as I recall a chilled silver tankard of pink champagne. Lovely grub as they say.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I prefer the steak tartar from MR over the cucumber sandwiches.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I have always fancied the grilled sole and white wine in FRWL...

i grew up off the shores of Lake Erie here in Ohio, so needless to say, i love me some fish :-D
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    The caviar Bond ate in OHMSS after beating up the thugs..
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    The caviar Bond ate in OHMSS after beating up the thugs..
    Yeah, that bit always makes me laugh, the way it falls off the knife. George was a messy bugger!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I will join you for that Bond meal, haserot !! :-bd
    I can never quite understand what the heck Bond orders when dining with Kristatos in the FYEO film. Sounds like "preppers of prawns, cerberus salad, and... a bordello."
    BLADES meals I would love to see Blades in DC's Bond.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @DaltonCraig...

white wine or red? ;-)
    I would love to see DC eat like Bond does in the books....cant remember what he had in Moonraker book but that would be nice to see...
    That lobster that Whitaker eats looks delicious...