Help please on a bond investment

I'm look at a uncorrected proof for "the spy who loved me" and it's not in the best condition and I was wondering if it was a good investment. I know that bond book keep going up in price - but I've noticed on abebooks.com these uncorrected proofs sit there for ages. Well here the link so you can see the book I mean - as I'm enjoying hunting down Bond paperbacks. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=818113530

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Due to its condition it would have to have been signed by Fleming with proof to reach that value.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Leave this well alone would be my reaction !.
  • That one seems a bit expensive given the condition (& lack of proof dust jacket). Most of the later proofs seem to go for about £500 / $800 on ebay.

FYEO and earlier are really difficult to find, especially with proof DW's but the later ones not so difficult. Exception to this are proof copies of The Diamond Smugglers and Thrilling Cities - later books that are difficult to find .
    Thanks so much for your help. My partner will be happy - She was worried I'd buy a lemon.