Is Belluci Mrs Bond?

New user, first post, hi.

I was rather surprised that Monica Belluci (MB) had signed on. Delighted, but surprised. I had thought/read that she was opposed to the idea of Bond Girls. However, and not underestimating Sam Mendes credibility and ability to probably overcome any objection she may have had, I got to wondering if she is not the only false cast name issued. Rather cleverly misdirecting us in fact. (I assume like most people someone in that line up is actually Blofeld).

MB is only 3 to 4 years older than Craig, she is a beautiful woman and a good actor, she would be a phenomenal choice for reprising the role of Teresa di Vincenzo, she is Italian (ignoring Teresa's English mother), and lastly does the bullet hole in the glass SPECTRE image not remind anyone of OHMSS's ending.

I don't suggest that this is a OHMSS remake but that she may well be introduced as Tracey in it. And spreading that intro over films and not just a film would add a nice touch to Craig's tenure. It would certainly make a nice way to plan towards an inevitable one day exit for Daniel Craig's Bond with that sort or story arc closure.

Comments

• I don't think so. She is supposed to be someone "from Bonds past"...
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Welcome to the thread! :)

I strongly doubt your theory though... It would be very controversial, and actually rude of them to to just wipe away OHMSS's legacy like that. I don't believe in remakes of previous films. And to introduce yet another serious love interest (without naming her Tracy) would at this moment feel like an overkill as we had one only three films ago. I'd rather expect SP to build on Vesper's Legacy and back story.

But Im sure I will hear crazyer rumours than that in the coming year... ;)
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I don't think Daniels Bond will love again after a Vesper. I don't see a love story forming. I think she may be more of a vixen foe rather than friend.
This discussion has been closed.