My prediction about SPECTRE plot

First and foremost, here's an official source about Spectre's plot....to remind ourselves:

A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.

So I think that in view of what sam mendes said about Spectre's connection with Skyfall, bond 24 will delve deeper into Bond's personal life. I predict that Christopher Waltz's character (Openhauser) who was once Bond's ski tutor, actually murdered his parents (connection to Skyfall). This must be the 'terrible truth' Bond will learn about Spectre....that they murdered his parents, who (at least Bond's father) was a secret intelligence agent. I'm pretty confident we will learn that in fact Bond's parents death wasn't in fact an accident.

Comments

• PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom
    That would seem plausible. Yeah, I like that idea =D>
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Could be !
  • I would go as far as to say that Oberhauser had such an effect over bond the youngster, that he somehow had a part to play in his success as a secret service agent. Also, bond 25 will see a continuation to the idea that there are political forces which still feel MI6 is antiquated and will use the death of M as excuse to create trouble for the Ralphs character....could be hand in hand with the villains.

I think it will be a great little film.....
    lakecomo33 wrote: »
    I would go as far as to say that Oberhauser had such an effect over bond the youngster, that he somehow had a part to play in his success as a secret service agent. Also, bond 25 will see a continuation to the idea that there are political forces which still feel MI6 is antiquated and will use the death of M as excuse to create trouble for the Ralphs character....could be hand in hand with the villains.

I think it will be a great little film.....

Aha, Bond in the 21st Century. We've come a long way from the "out there" plots of the sixties.
    I can't wait to see
    I thought "STAR TREK" and "STAR WARS" were the only franchises that couldn't let go of the past. I see I was wrong. How f***ing disappointing!

Why on earth would SPECTRE be a threat to MI-6? It was basically a criminal organization.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    I thought "STAR TREK" and "STAR WARS" were the only franchises that couldn't let go of the past. I see I was wrong. How f***ing disappointing!

Why on earth would SPECTRE be a threat to MI-6? It was basically a criminal organization.

It was this hanging on to the past that shackled the Brosnan years. I see where you are coming from @DRush76. Personally I would not have minded them sticking with Quantum as the "SPECTRE of the 21st Century".
    I was tired of reading posts where some of the fans here were begging for the return of Blofeld, etc. I'm indifferent. Like I said I was a little let down when i saw the title but since have just accepted it.
    cannot wait. Brilliant title and teaser poster.
  • lakecomo33 wrote:
    I predict that Christopher Waltz's character (Openhauser) who was once Bond's ski tutor, actually murdered his parents (connection to Skyfall).
    Could be but then Waltz's character would have to be Oberhausers son or something like that.
    1. different prename (Hans --> Franz)
    2. wrong age (a fatherfigure can't be only some years older!)
    lakecomo33 wrote:
    This must be the 'terrible truth' Bond will learn about Spectre....that they murdered his parents, who (at least Bond's father) was a secret intelligence agent. I'm pretty confident we will learn that in fact Bond's parents death wasn't in fact an accident.
    Yes that could be... Wehew, then Bond parents AND wife were killed by SPECTRE. Poor chap! ;)
    Franz Oberhauser might be seen as a... Big Brother.
  • Moving this post to this thread as instructed. And am new, hi.

I was rather surprised that Monica Belluci (MB) had signed on. Delighted, but surprised. I had thought/read that she was opposed to the idea of Bond Girls. However, and not underestimating Sam Mendes credibility and ability to probably overcome any objection she may have had, I got to wondering if she is not the only false cast name issued. Rather cleverly misdirecting us in fact. (I assume like most people someone in that line up is actually Blofeld).

MB is only 3 to 4 years older than Craig, she is a beautiful woman and a good actor, she would be a phenomenal choice for reprising the role of Teresa di Vincenzo, she is Italian (ignoring Teresa's English mother), and lastly does the bullet hole in the glass SPECTRE image not remind anyone of OHMSS's ending.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome, @Cardinal.
    I think we may yet be surprised concerning MB's role in SP. However she might *just* be another Paris Carver or Sévérine too... I wouldn't put it past the filmmakers to hire her for barely more than a cameo. Point is, we're totally clueless at this point. ;-)

I'm currently somewhat reluctant to hunt for an OHMSS angle. But who knows.
  • Hello, thank you.

All too true that she could be anyone of the theories abound from Blofeld to Paris Carver. As a separate topic, dislocating it from tie ins with Monica Belluci, The bullet hole in the glass logo is quite emotive thing to have used given it's meaning from the films and has not garnered much comment (apologies if it has and I've missed this elsewhere).
    Are we to assume SPECTRE is already known, or does that cryptic message essentially reveal the existence of SPECTRE and whatever reasons for its existence? It would make sense if SPECTRE is a rebranded Quantam. White and company out, Blofeld in.

Personally, I hope Blofeld has nothing to do with the death of Bond's parents. I much prefer Bond doing what he does for the good of the realm than for personal issues. Otherwise he's got too many scores to settle against Quantam of Spectre: the death of his parents, Vesper, and Mathis. The revenge motive gets much too muddled.

I think the cryptic message will be from Oberhauser, or the man who claims to be Oberhauser. I think he might want to make a Faustian pact with Bond and turn him against MI6, the way Dr. No did, even though it was brief.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    CrabKey wrote: »
    Personally, I hope Blofeld has nothing to do with the death of Bond's parents.

Me too. Bond doesn't need to be accused of ripping off Nolan anymore.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 14,816
    Murdock wrote: »

Wouldn't that be ripping off Burton?
    Ludovico wrote: »

Nolan or Batman.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,782

Add my name to that too as of course it is not canonical.

Nolan or Batman.

What I meant is that it was in Burton's Batman that his nemesis was responsible of the murder of his parents. Instead of being a random killing by a lowlife thug.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Nolan or Batman.

What I meant is that it was in Burton's Batman that his nemesis was responsible of the murder of his parents. Instead of being a random killing by a lowlife thug.

Anyhow it would be the "cheapest" way to go about it! I can't say how much I even hate the thought of it.

Nolan or Batman.

Burton didn't create Batman's backstory.

Nolan or Batman.

Neither did Nolan. Burton did give a backstory to the Joker linking the murder of the Waynes to him.

Nolan or Batman.

Neither did Nolan. Burton did give a backstory to the Joker linking the murder of the Waynes to him.

As long as Bond's parents death weren't at the hands of SPECTRE or Blofeld, I'm A-OK.
  • I really like the idea of Openhauser killing Bond parents and Andrew Bond being a secret agent, but I think Spectre will be a more recent organitation conected with Quantum, probably a "Quantum reborn", a Quantum brunch or even a Quantum matrix. The good thing is that we are speculatng more than ever with the plot.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    The one thing I will have a problem with......a big problem.....is if they say that Franz Oberhauser is Blofeld and also killed Bond's parents.

I don't have a problem with Oberhauser killing Bond's parents.

I don't have a problem with Blofeld being behind anything else, like Vesper's death, Mathis etc.

But Oberhauser as Blofeld and also killing Vesper and Bond's parents? That to me is pushing this whole 'arc' way too far and straining credibility.

So I'm hoping Mendes and co. thread softly with the legacy. They are dealing with characters that have lasted for over 50 years (literary and cinematic) and so have to be mindful of this.

Franz Oberhauser is their own creation, so I don't care what they do with him, but be careful with the others.

Otherwise, we have a shambles like Batman 89, where the Joker conveniently personally killed Wayne's parents or like Spiderman 3, where Sandman does the same to Parker's uncle. Both travesties IMO.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 90
    IMO

1 I would have Waltz as a Largo type Character
    2 The only connection to Bonds Parents would be the Oberhauser name, which Waltz's character is using. How he got it from the obituaries.
    3 I would have Denbigh as a Character similar to Kronsteen and he is The SPECTRE mole in MI5, who is trying to merge it with MI6 so he can be the boss.
    4 I would have Blofeld have a plan and it be a plan to put SPECTRE on the map and have them taking out Quantum who they was a section of. Thus, this is the dawn of Blofeld.
    5 I would build to a big showdown at the end and Bond manages to stop Blofelds plan or at least some of it.
    6 I would possibly have Blofeld show himself and this be played by Michael Shannon
    7 I would use this film to set up future Bond films and have DC return for Bond 25 and this be a Solo story to bow out on.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The one thing I will have a problem with......a big problem.....is if they say that Franz Oberhauser is Blofeld and also killed Bond's parents.

I don't have a problem with Oberhauser killing Bond's parents.

I don't have a problem with Blofeld being behind anything else, like Vesper's death, Mathis etc.

But Oberhauser as Blofeld and also killing Vesper and Bond's parents? That to me is pushing this whole 'arc' way too far and straining credibility.

So I'm hoping Mendes and co. thread softly with the legacy. They are dealing with characters that have lasted for over 50 years (literary and cinematic) and so have to be mindful of this.

Franz Oberhauser is their own creation, so I don't care what they do with him, but be careful with the others.

Otherwise, we have a shambles like Batman 89, where the Joker conveniently personally killed Wayne's parents or like Spiderman 3, where Sandman does the same to Parker's uncle. Both travesties IMO

It is also a cheap shortcut to make the antagonism personal. A nemesis does not need to be personally involved against the hero and early on. Nolan showed it very well with the Joker in TDK: we didn't even know his origins. What he did was enough to motivate Batman, and what Batman represented was enough to motivate the Joker.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Ludovico Yes, I agree with you