SUCKER PUNCH: can someone please explain this movie to me?

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited July 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 823
I got the basics down: Baby Doll gets locked up in a mental asylum and she escapes into a fantasy world to escape the cruelty and horror and abuse of every day life in the asylum but what about the rest and the ending?

Thank You!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Like with a David Lynch movie, we need not worry about the story. This film is visual XTC for me. And Browning is eye candy.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Browning may be Eye Candy but I like Blondie better
    I got the basics down: Baby Doll gets locked up in a mental asylum and she escapes into a fantasy world to escape the cruelty and horror and abuse of every day life in the asylum but what about the rest and the ending?
    I think the implication is supposed to be that Baby Doll was never actually real; she is actually one of Sweat Pea's split personalities and has been the entire time.

But I wasn't paying too much attention. SUCKER PUNCH made REVENGE OF THE FALLEN look like Shakespeare, it was that stupid.
    I don´t know if there is much to explain. Was there anything beside big abstract music video clips? I think there is some message about everyone controlling his own fate.
    Sucker Punch, the way I think of it, should be experienced as an action packed video game where you don't have the controls. The few 'slower' scenes are like cut scenes and the big action packed scenes are tremendously spectacular. A bunch of hot girls effectively adds to the pleasure of it all. I agree, there isn't much of a story - at least in conventional terms - but I don't mind for once.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I'm gonna watch some of the action scenes in slo mo on my 100 inch screen blu ray home theater system, frame by frame

I'm gonna watch some of the action scenes in slo mo on my 100 inch screen blu ray home theater system, frame by frame

Can't imagine why you'd want to do that, friend. It's all CGI. Not much to enjoy in extreme slo-mo I think.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have not seen this, myself, no doubt i'll give it a looksee when it hits DVD. But with a combination of girls n' guns, I fail to see how it could go wrong.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I have not seen this, myself, no doubt i'll give it a looksee when it hits DVD. But with a combination of girls n' guns, I fail to see how it could go wrong.
    It comes out in just over a month Major, the 8th of August. Not long to wait.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    hot girls n' guns

:-D
    I didn´t find them too hot because they looked much too young, but I didn´t feel pedophile either ;-) .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I don't know if i'd call them hot, but I would like to have a go at remaking this film. First up: ££££££'s. Anyone care to give me a loan, a coulpe of million should suffice.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 669
    Why don't you try this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucker_Punch_(film)

I watched that film a week ago and I hoped it would be fantastic action movie, but it really let me down. Because, all the action scenes were performed there were described as Babydoll's dance, her imagination to get her freedom back.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Why don't you try this?

I watched that film a week ago and I hoped it would be fantastic action movie, but it really let me down. Because, all the action scenes were performed there were described as Babydoll's dance, her imagination to get her freedom back.
    which version did you watch?

the PG13 Theatrical Version running at 110 Min or the Rated R Extended Cut running at over 128 min?

I never seen the Theatrical Version, I watched the Rated R Extended Cut and it's awesome!!
    Why don't you try this?

which version did you watch?

the PG13 Theatrical Version running at 110 Min or the Rated R Extended Cut running at over 128 min?

I never seen the Theatrical Version, I watched the Rated R Extended Cut and it's awesome!!
    The Theatrical version, I guess.
  • So i'll explain it as good as I can.. Okay.
    Pretty much Babydoll was put into a mental instution for being 'crazy' and accidently murdering her sister, in order for her to survive, she makes up her own world, if you remember the beginning of the movie where they all go into the theatre, you'll notice that the room is very gloomy, and dark, but later on in the movie, the theatre is emucalant, and beautiful, and chairs everywhere and lights, and stuff, that was ALL a part of her imagintion, there was no such thing as the wh0re house, or the girls dancing, she was just in her imagintion. All of the things that she did, the fire, the map, the stabbing of the 'Boss', was all real, just it happened a little differently than what we saw. A lot of people are wondering why Sweetpea was the only one to get out, here is the reason; In the beginning of the movie, Babydoll and Sweetpea lock eyes, and Babydoll knew that she was the only one who didn't belong there, she just followed her little sister when she ran away, to protect her, Babydoll automatically knew that was her mission, to get Sweetpea out, she knew all along she wasn't going to be free, she knew that Sweetpea was her one and only mission, also, she had no family, nothing, she knew she couldn't survive in the outside world, the only chance of making it was Sweetpea. The ending really jerked me, but I now see why she did it, and I think it was so brave, and amazing. At the end, yes she does get the labotimiy and it erases her memory, but Sweetpea was the only one to get away. At the end, the whole story was just a big mistake, the girl, the doctor who taught the girls to dance, had her signature forged by the Boss.
    Pretty much all in all I thought it was a fantastic movie, and very very clever. You need to watch the movie again, than you'll see all the things I just pointed out, and than you'll be like, 'Oh, okay, I get it now.' :)