Roger Moore to attend Monaco's Royal Wedding

edited July 2011 in News Posts: 886
http://news.yahoo.com/monaco-palace-releases-wedding-guest-list-141241111.html

MONACO (AP) — France's richest man, an African prince and a James Bond actor are among the glitterati converging on Monaco this week for the much-anticipated nuptials between Prince Albert II and former South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock.

It's the first wedding of a reigning prince in the tiny Riviera principality since Philadelphia-born Hollywood icon Grace Kelly walked down the aisle with Albert's late father, Prince Rainier, more than 50 years ago.

Top names included Sir Roger Moore, who played British spy 007 in the 1970s and '80s, Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld, U.S. soprano Renee Fleming, and Bernard Arnault, the CEO of luxury giant LVMH — and the wealthiest man in France.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good to see Sir Roger get an invite. I wonder if he'll save us any cake...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I will watch my TV then tomorrow !!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Sir Rog, such a schmoozer, eh? ;)

Actually, he and his wife are genuinely good friends with the Swedish king and queen, I believe...
    wow that is huge honour
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Sorry for the bad quality...

TND Bond girl Michelle YEOH is also there, with her husband Jean TODT (ex-Ferrari manager during Schumacher reign 1996-2006 and now president of the FIA).
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 161
    Michelle Yeoh is married to Jean Todt? I didn't see that one coming.
    Michelle Yeoh is married to Jean Todt? I didn't see that one coming.
    For the last 7 years, yes.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Roger looks good here, for his age.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 886
    imageimage
    Bond and Bond Girl attend wedding:
    Celebrity guests: Former Bond actor Roger Moore and his wife Kristina (left) and Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh and her husband, FIA President Jean Todt
    wow he looks older than i expected
    Sir Roger is looking very well, that's great to see.

Thanks for the pictures.
    Sir Roger is looking very well, that's great to see.

Thanks for the pictures.
    NP, now here they are modelling evening wear at the reception shindig.
    imageimage

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Michelle looks good, any chance Wai Lin can be brought back in Bond #23?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sir Rog does look good for his 83 years. As do his lovely wife Kristina and of course Michelle Yeoh.
    She looks as good as she did in TND 14 years ago. To bad the continuity would be messed up. But no reason she couldn't play a different character.

Looks like a lovely wedding, and as ever Sir Rog looks fantastic.
    What a legend he is.
    Shirley Bassey also attended the wedding.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    And what ever happened to Sean Connery, who is if I remember correctly, exactly Moore's age? Has he been seen lately?
    Did Moore hurt his hand? Is that a bruise?
    But yes he does look fantastic!
    And what ever happened to Sean Connery, who is if I remember correctly, exactly Moore's age? Has he been seen lately?
    Connery (3 years younger than Moore) has retired from public life this year.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @DaltonCraig007: thanks for the update!
    I thought it was me at first but I'm someone else has mentioned this. Does anyone know?
    I thought it was me at first but I'm someone else has mentioned this. Does anyone know?
    It can happen in older people, some blood spots or bruising...
    'Older adults often bruise easily from minor injuries, especially injuries to the forearms, hands, legs, and feet. As a person ages, the skin becomes less flexible and thinner because there is less fat under the skin. The cushioning effect of the skin decreases as the fat under the skin decreases. These changes, along with skin damage from exposure to the sun, cause blood vessels to break easily. When blood vessels break, bruising occurs.'
    or
    Blood spots under the skin may be either purpura or petechiae. Purpura might look like bruises, but they are not caused by an injury as most regular bruises are.

Sudden unexplained bruising or blood spots under the skin or a sudden increase in the frequency of bruising may be caused by:
    A medicine, such as aspirin or blood thinners (anticoagulants).
    Infection that causes the buildup of toxin in the blood or tissues (sepsis).
    A bleeding or clotting disorder, such as hemophilia, von Willebrand's disease, thrombocytopenia, or another less common bleeding or clotting disorder.
    Other diseases that affect clotting. Examples include:
    Chronic inflammatory diseases, such as lupus.
    Liver disease, such as cirrhosis.
    Some types of cancer, such as Hodgkin's disease, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
    Inflammation of a blood vessel (vasculitis).
    Malnutrition, such as deficiencies of vitamins B12, C, or K, or folic acid.

Not saying Moore has any of the above of course.

My Grandad suffered a lot from these due to medication.

Well you did ask. :-D
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Well you did ask. :-D
    No, thank you very much for answering. I had very little idea of how or why this might happen and was perhaps concerned, so hopefully Sir Roger and others that get this are OK. It doesn't seem now as bad as I thought, though a heavy bruise is a heavy bruise.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,107
    The Moore arrival was the best bit of the whole thing, and about the only part I saw* (*read watched)

But at least I got to see Moore!
    He looks good for his age.
    They look great Roger is always looking dapper great to see he is still up and about