Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Don't know if this has been posted before but it looks like Henry Cavill screen test for CR in 2005
    n95jwrpuurq41.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,891

I'm still very high on Nicholas Hoult and Jack Lowden , with Lowden beginning to pull ahead. Unlike many others suggested, he doesn't need a beard to project masculinity. He actually has a jawline. He's the right age, height, is a strong actor and has just the right amount of public recognition.
    HwphLyu.jpg
    wF2i6AM.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2021 Posts: 10,586
    I haven't seen Jack Lowden in anything but he's easily one of the most suitable candidates in terms of looks. He's the right age as well.
    He can pull off intense but also a lighter, somewhat mischievous look that suits Bond. h2VfVfU.jpg
  • talos7 wrote: »
    I'm still very high on Nicholas Hoult and Jack Lowden , with Lowden beginning to pull ahead. Unlike many others suggested, he doesn't need a beard to project masculinity. He actually has a jawline. He's the right age, height, is a strong actor and has just the right amount of public recognition.
    These are also among my favorite hypothetical contenders, with Edward Holcroft, who is slightly older. This will of course depend on when Bond 26 goes into production, but, assuming this takes place by 2025, they definitely have their chance.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    That's a great Bondian photo of Nic Hoult above, but I still can't see it personally. I think he's got a youthfulness that he won't grow out of. Similarly to
    Aidan Turner
    (censored for the easily offended).
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2021 Posts: 5,131
    That's a great Bondian photo of Nic Hoult above, but I still can't see it personally. I think he's got a youthfulness that he won't grow out of. Similarly to
    Aidan Turner

Aidan Turner looks young? I’d say he looks older than he is....a good early 40’s looks wise.

Hoult looks 25 still.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,891
    A youthful look is an asset in a long running franchise; at 30, Rog could have played a 19
    year old.

PE8Dq64.jpg
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,518
    talos7 wrote: »
    A youthful look is an asset in a long running franchise; at 30, Rog could have played a 19
    year old.

PE8Dq64.jpg

Being able to play one year younger than you actually are is nothing special. Actors are generally called in to play ages far more different than their actual age.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Aidan Turner

Aidan Turner looks young? I’d say he looks older than he is....a good early 40’s looks wise.

Hoult looks 25 still.

Okay, great!
    Roger was over 30 in that photo, he could have easily played 10 years younger, 19
    Roger was over 30 in that photo, he could have easily played 10 years younger, 19

Agreed.
    This actor is over 40, but definitely ageless. I present to you, my choice for the new James Bond...................

kermit-the-frog-fozzie-bear-miss-piggy-beaker-rowlf-the-dog-png-favpng-AyjBxyv2zGQBPYyJ4PezKre0T.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2021 Posts: 7,971

:-w
    :!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    >:P
    Yellow circle head is very versatile. I nominate him.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    This actor is over 40, but definitely ageless. I present to you, my choice for the new James Bond...................

kermit-the-frog-fozzie-bear-miss-piggy-beaker-rowlf-the-dog-png-favpng-AyjBxyv2zGQBPYyJ4PezKre0T.jpg

Fine looking fellow, if he can manage British accent :P
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Nicholas Hoult is getting nominations for his role in The Great. I've watched a few episodes, and he is good.

Tom Bateman is one of the leads in a new Netflix miniseries Behind Her Eyes, the trailer for which has just dropped:
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2021 Posts: 5,131
    year old.

PE8Dq64.jpg

19? He looks about 30!

Maybe ages are different in the US/ Canada. 🤣😂
    More likely personal perception.
    year old.

PE8Dq64.jpg

19? He looks about 30!

Nah, he still looks somewhere between 20-25.
    year old.

PE8Dq64.jpg

19? He looks about 30!

We do traditionally have actors play roles much younger than their actual age here in NA.
    Nicholas Hoult is getting nominations for his role in The Great. I've watched a few episodes, and he is good.

Tom Bateman is one of the leads in a new Netflix miniseries Behind Her Eyes, the trailer for which has just dropped:

Don't know how Bateman looks without his beard, bit he could fit.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Without his beard, Bateman looks like the perfect Superman. He would be fine as Bond, I think, close physically to the comic books interpretation.
    Tom-Bateman-tmb.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&w=800&h=800
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    The biggest issue I have with him, which I stated when I first suggested him as a candidate, is that he has very 'dramatic' eyebrows, which can sometimes look a little silly. Good height, though.

I still think that Eon probably will want someone who's at least been nominated for some high-profile awards, which Bateman hasn't been yet.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Without his beard, Bateman looks like the perfect Superman. He would be fine as Bond, I think, close physically to the comic books interpretation.
    Tom-Bateman-tmb.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&w=800&h=800

Isshhh... I'm not convinced by this picture. His voice seems good though.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »

Once again until No time to die is released nothing is going to happen
    Benny wrote: »

Fun fact: Jean Page was also the name of a Canadian sports journalist.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am of the opinion now is that it will be someone we have not even been made aware of as of yet? I know BB and MGW have said they will not counter any thoughts on this until NTTD has been released out of respect for DC. Which i can fully appreciate for sure after what DC has achieved with role.

However? Surely to goodness after 5 years possibly 6 years now, they should have had writers coming up with the ideas for future villains, plots, narratives......etc?!!!! They could have possibly had 2 or maybe 3 good stories by now for the new actor to film?

The silver lining of the pandemic delay would be if the producers managed to get a script, done, reviewed, polished and ready BEFORE filming started. Certainly, some films did well despite incomplete scripts, but, generally, things work out better when they have been considered well, and in advance of action.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Fine looking fellow, if he can manage British accent :P

It isn't easy being Bond. It isn't easy being green. Being a green Bond would be even moreso the challenge. I foresee a problem with changing leading ladies between films, though -- Miss Piggy won't take kindly to that.