Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

1119120122124125138

Comments

  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 2,132
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    When does Oddjob vol.1 come out?

    October 8th. Also at Long Beach comic-con this weekend, the new writers will be there. Maybe some news is coming...
    Is that regarding the new series in December?

    Yes.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 788
    Well : they continue to do like the CR one : postpone the date. Now LALD paper is schuddled for the 5 november... (the date of the Kindle edition is still 18 septembre but possible that they didn't updated it yet)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    You mean on Amazon?
    The Dynamite website still says September. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Posts: 788
    Yep on Amazon. Wait and see.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    Amazon UK is saying September still.
    Amazon Germany is saying November.

    I guess it's a matter of supply.

    I hope i can get my hands on a copy in London in October.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Posts: 372
    Just ordered the first two trades.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,172
    BondStu wrote: »
    Just ordered the first two trades.

    "I knew it. You have class."
    bond-sanchez.jpg
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Posts: 372
    00Agent wrote: »
    BondStu wrote: »
    Just ordered the first two trades.

    "I knew it. You have class."
    bond-sanchez.jpg

    One tries! :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,172
    Compared with the last two, this issue of Goldfinger wasn't half bad actually. IF you can accept the fact that Bond is
    just part of a team of killers now.
    And if you like the new artist.

    But compared to the previous issues, that's not really a big achivement.
    Hoping they can give me at least a somewhat satisfying conclusion.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,172
    ggl007 wrote: »

    "Dynamite Entertainment is set to release a deluxe, 168-page hardcover graphic novel adaptation of the classic Bond tale, gaining access to comic shops and bookstores on November 5."

    :-w So much for buying it on my London trip.
  • Posts: 1,132
    Really looking forward to this, but the Amazon listing still says Sept 24th.
  • Posts: 788
    Ofc, the date change each week like CR, it was 18 sep, 24 sep1 2 october, now 9 october...
  • Posts: 788
    https://previewsworld.com/Article/235100-James-Bond-Returns-in-New-Series-by-Ayala--Lore

    + DYNAMITE need to stop to have nothing to care aboute the titles of there adventure. You can't juste call it "James Bond" (especially when you already did it for Oddjob adventures)...
  • Yeah it's kind of annoying. What's really the difference between 'James Bond 007' and 'James Bond'? I think I am going to have to call it Oddjob now just so I can tell what the difference is. How hard is it to name something? Still, the little plot details we got about fake art seems straight out of Octopussy so I'm looking forward to it. With any luck this will get people excited for No Time to Die!
  • Posts: 1,132
    I wish they’d bring back Andy Diggle, he was fantastic! I also wish they’d continue the Felix Leiter series. With the exception of James Bond Origin all the titles have been lacking since Diggle left.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,172
    There are some Bond comics that basically ended on a cliffhanger, like Andy Diggles Kill Chain, and Felix Leiter. So i definitly hope they will bring those back.

    As for this new series, i have to say it looks good so far, and i like the quotes from the new writers about the character. That makes me optimistic. But after the mediocre Oddjob/Goldfinger storyline (which looked amazing at the start) and The Body, i am a bit cautious, because Dynamite isn't perfect either.

    The title is just plain dumb, but not much i can do about that now. What are they going to call the next one "James"? Or "007"?
    I hope that this series will be a 6 issue run, and that they won't stretch it out to 12, because that didn't work at all for "James Bond 007". Another problem with JamesBond007 i had, was how completely sexless it was, no Bond girl, no flirting. To me that's as integral as killing bad guys.

    And please keep Moneypenny in the office for this time. I've seen enough of her.
  • Posts: 4,843
    Well,n here's the cover, and the ad :
    STL140315?type=1

    (W) Vita Ayala, Danny Lore (A) Eric Gapstur (CA) Jim Cheung
    New series, new team, new missions! VITA AYALA (Morbius, Age Of X-Man), DANNY LORE (Queen Of Bad Dreams) and ERIC GAPSTUR (James Bond 007) present a fresh take on the world's greatest secret agent. When a priceless piece of art is found to be fake, investigations lead down a rabbit hole of international crime and corruption. But what the hell does James Bond know about the world of art forgery?

    Featuring a cover by superstar JIM CHEUNG (Justice League, Young Avengers), that will be revealed as an interlocking image over the first three issues!
    In Shops: Dec 04, 2019
    SRP: $3.99
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 2,132
    Part of me thinks that the bald man is Blofeld.
  • Is that Moneypenny, M and Felix as well? Have to say I don't really like the look of the characters on the cover, but in reality I think it's someone else doing the art for the actual story.
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 2,132
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    Part of me thinks that the bald man is Blofeld.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Is that Moneypenny, M and Felix as well? Have to say I don't really like the look of the characters on the cover, but in reality I think it's someone else doing the art for the actual story.

    I wonder if they're mixing all these famous Bond characters in the story because they are all going to be in No Time To Die. I always had a feeling that Dynamite Comics was going to do a Blofeld/full-on SPECTRE story at some point. Now is the right time.
  • Posts: 792
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well,n here's the cover, and the ad :
    STL140315?type=1

    (W) Vita Ayala, Danny Lore (A) Eric Gapstur (CA) Jim Cheung
    New series, new team, new missions! VITA AYALA (Morbius, Age Of X-Man), DANNY LORE (Queen Of Bad Dreams) and ERIC GAPSTUR (James Bond 007) present a fresh take on the world's greatest secret agent. When a priceless piece of art is found to be fake, investigations lead down a rabbit hole of international crime and corruption. But what the hell does James Bond know about the world of art forgery?

    Featuring a cover by superstar JIM CHEUNG (Justice League, Young Avengers), that will be revealed as an interlocking image over the first three issues!
    In Shops: Dec 04, 2019
    SRP: $3.99

    That look great with his Aston Martin could be the DBS from Casino Royale/Quantum of Solace
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Posts: 372
    I read Vargr and Eidolon this morning. VERY impressed!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    BondStu wrote: »
    I read Vargr and Eidolon this morning. VERY impressed!

    Cool. I bet you will like Hammerhead and Killchain even more.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Posts: 372
    00Agent wrote: »
    BondStu wrote: »
    I read Vargr and Eidolon this morning. VERY impressed!

    Cool. I bet you will like Hammerhead and Killchain even more.

    Yeah I want to look into these further.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    From the new series starting in December.

  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 19,976
    Okay, just to be sure.
    The new series... is that like a whole new title, or simply a continuation of "007"?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,172
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Okay, just to be sure.
    The new series... is that like a whole new title, or simply a continuation of "007"?

    From my understanding it is a completely seperate and new thing.

    From the synopsis: New series, new team, new missions!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Costa Mucho
    Posts: 41,975
    Looks bad. I have lost all interest in Dynamite.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    Looks bad. I have lost all interest in Dynamite.

    giphy.webp
Sign In or Register to comment.