Britannia kudos to fete Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino

edited September 2012 in News Posts: 6,601
BAFTA LA awards to be telecast Nov. 11 on BBC America
By Stuart Levine
Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino, "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and videogame designer Will Wright are set to be feted by BAFTA LA at the Nov. 7 Britannia Awards.

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles will hold its annual kudos event at the BevHilton.

Craig, who returns as James Bond in November with "Skyfall," will receive the British Artist of the Year Award. Helmer Tarantino, poised to hit screens again in December with "Django Unchained," is set to receive the John Schlesinger Award for excellence in directing.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118059444.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Ah, the creators of my favourite TV show, my all time favourite director and my 4th favourite Bond all getting honoured. That's nice :)

Put Parker and Stone in the title, they're legends!
    Ah, the creators of my favourite TV show, my all time favourite director and my 4th favourite Bond all getting honoured. That's nice :)

They are?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hell yes! Congrats Dan, well deserved, mate.

• Let's see. Craig gets the "artist of the year" award and hasn't done a Bond film in 4 years. I think that shoots the theory that he's a flop without Bond right in the foot.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:

They are?

I think they are. They made two hand made animated short films which took them basically forever, which they turned into a TV pilot, which has become a hit TV show that's spawned a successful film and video games. And they're very funny.

But hey, your thread, your title :)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,601
    From the feedback here, nobody is really interested, which is a bit sad, since this man is your Bond right now and obviously Bafta LA saw him fit to receive this honour for his body of work and the event seems important enough to broadcast it on primetime TV.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Los Angeles, September 19, 2012 – The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles® (BAFTA Los Angeles), which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, has announced they will honor Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and Will Wright at the 2012 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. For the first time ever, the BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards will broadcast on BBC AMERICA, airing in primetime November 11, 2012 at 8pm ET as a two-hour special, preceded by the Britannia Awards Pre-show Special at 7:30pm ET.

The Britannia Awards are BAFTA Los Angeles’ highest accolade, a celebration of achievements honoring individuals and companies that have dedicated their careers to advancing the entertainment arts. Acclaimed actor Daniel Craig will receive the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year, while Academy and BAFTA Award-winning director Quentin Tarantino will receive the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for Excellence in Directing. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Emmy Award-winning co-creators of South Park and Tony Award-winning co-creators of The Book of Mormon, will receive the Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy. Video game designer Will Wright will receive the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment. Additional honorees will be announced in the coming weeks.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/quentin-tarantino-daniel-craig-among-bafta-la-britannia-awards-honorees/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Well deserved Mr. Craig.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Germanlady wrote:
    From the feedback here, nobody is really interested, which is a bit sad, since this man is your Bond right now and obviously Bafta LA saw him fit to receive this honour for his body of work and the event seems important enough to broadcast it on primetime TV.

That is because people here are Bond fans and not necessarily Craig fans, but I personally am happy for Craig. He is a very good actor (although the last 2 Bond films haven't really taken full advantage of that) and deserves the award. For me he brought a physicality (right word?) to the role that I had missed since FRWL.

Good for Daniel Craig i say. Deserves some recognition. =D>
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder if @Germanlady will be Dan's date to the festivities??
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,601
    I wonder if @Germanlady will be Dan's date to the festivities??

Yeah, I would deserve it, right? ;;) Rachel Who? LOL
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Well deserved prize =D>
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 6,601
    MajorDSmythe
    Seeing as this can be posted the link @thelivingroyale provided and as much as it pains me to lock a thread about Craig winning an award...

Locked.

LOL, oh the sarcasm. But yeah, I made another thread, because I didn't find this one.
    But, of course, your wish is my command and so I post it again
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I know, sarcasm is terrible isn't it. But hey, look on the bright side, you found this thread.