SkyFall Premier tickets...Can anyone help?

edited July 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 127
89 days, 14 hours and 10mins to go...It's never too early to ask this question but how can I get hold of Premier tickets for this? Where do i go about looking?

Comments

• oo7oo7
    I'm sure your local cinema will be happy to take your money early.
    Ha he Ha - this is serious!
  • oo7oo7
    well if you book now you might get the imax tickets
    They used to advertise the actual Royal Premiere tickets, which is what I think you mean, in the foyer of London's Leicester Square roughly around the end of August or start of September. It's more of a lottery and there's no guarantee that you'll get the tickets once you've applied and paid up front for them. Of course you'll get a refund if they can't fulfill your request but you'll have a long wait. Be warned, the tickets are very expensive as it's a black tie charity event and will set you back quite a lot. I attended The Living Daylight's Royal Premiere in 1987 so I know what I'm talking about. Unless you have deep pockets I'd wait for the next day.
    yeah thats the one @bondsum I heard about charities putting up tickets too. I'd happily rob a bank just for that :) - I will save big time!!

Might look into the charity tickets, after all the money is going to a good cause. Thanks @bondsum, most appreciated if you hear of any PLEASE get in touch :)
  • oo7oo7
    living daylights, did you meet the cast and crew?
    Yes, 007, I met "some" of the crew after the film had finished. I mostly spoke with Desmond Llewelyn and a previous Bond girl Fiona Fullerton, and they were both loverly.

And Tony, the whole event is for charity so the only way for joe public to get their hands on a ticket is to either apply via the Leicester Square box office, have a connection to the studios... or to win one in a radio competition. The best route is to apply via the box office but as I recall the tickets were over £100 back in 87 so I can imagine them being closer to a grand in today's money. The cast (not A-listers) and crew have their own screening just after the press ones, which is normally a week before the Premiere. Hope that helps.
    @bondsum that really does help, cheers :)
    I went to the Die Another Day premiere at the Albert Hall a good few years ago. Expensive - yes. Worth it - certainly. How many people can tell you they've had this experience. If you can - do it.
    The Electric Cinema ‏@ElectricBham
    People already asking to buy tickets for #Skyfall; won't be on sale for a good while yet, probably end of Sep
  • Hi from past experience it is not easy and very expensive,however I was lucky
    enough to get tickets for F Y E O,OCTOPUSSY,N S N A, LICENCE TO KILLand have
    been in the crowds for all the others,over the years I have managed to meet loads
    of the stars,some becoming friends such as Desmond and David Arnold,I have also
    been lucky enough to meet all 6 Bonds!
    This premiiere is very special for me as I was born on 8th oct 1962,3 days after the
    DrNo one!!!!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    If all else fails you could always bid for the tickets for two in the 50 years of James bond the
    Auction that christies are holding with the people from E O N. it's lot 47 on page 148 in the auction guide which is well worth the price as the money goes to the charities good luck I hope
    some with deep pockets will stump up for this great event.
  • @Germanlady thanks :)
  • Thanks for the help guys :) - I did get in contact with The Royal Albert Hall regarding premier tickets, they said they still dont know yet if they will be getting tickets to give away in a competition. But I will be there taking pics :)

TonyEbik wrote:
    Thanks for the help guys :) - I did get in contact with The Royal Albert Hall regarding premier tickets, they said they still dont know yet if they will be getting tickets to give away in a competition. But I will be there taking pics :)

:) Good luck.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I've just found out theres a bird in our office who has been given premiere tickets because our dept assisted in the filming of SF.

To say I'm seething is a f**king understatement.

Especially as I know how little she does and only got them because a) shes a management arselicker and b)she was the one liaising on the phone to EON while the rest of us did the actual work.

My dignity doesnt even allow me to try and buy them off her as my reputation round the office would be a laughing stock if it got out as shes universally loathed.

So EON can throw tickets around at every Tom, DIck and Harry who lifted a finger for the film (despite being paid for it) but the actual fans get diddely squat?
  • tqbtqb
    where do you work?
    I'd probably better not say in case someone finds out about me slating her.

Lets just say we had a lot to do with organising road closures and the closure of Vauxhall bridge around the MI6 building.

Note the use of the word 'we' there. The weekend when they actually closed the bridge that lazy cow wasnt even in.

Its all about who you know and whose arse you lick - well at our company certainly and also at EON if P&Ws continued employment is any yardstick to go by.

Might have been nice to have had a draw in the office for the tickets but thats not how things work round our way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd probably better not say in case someone finds out about me slating her.

Lets just say we had a lot to do with organising road closures and the closure of Vauxhall bridge around the MI6 building.

Note the use of the word 'we' there. The weekend when they actually closed the bridge that lazy cow wasnt even in.

Its all about who you know and whose arse you lick - well at our company certainly and also at EON if P&Ws continued employment is any yardstick to go by.

Might have been nice to have had a draw in the office for the tickets but thats not how things work round our way.

I apologize, as I can obviously see the amount of anger and outrage in your posts, but I received a lot of enjoyment and laughter out of them. People like that exist all around the world; it's deeply disconcerting.
  • I second that! damn shame :(

I'd be pissed if she didn't even turn up to it
    TonyEbik wrote:
    I second that! damn shame :(

I'd be pissed if she didn't even turn up to it

I would get really ~~~~~~ off if she goes and brags all about it AND manages to get photo's of herself with any of the cast members!!! ~X(
    Cant really blame her as shes just taking freebies offered to her like any of us would. The thing that really just winds me right up is just how many tickets are being given away to people like her who were just doing their job (not very well!)?

Imagine every company who assisted, however slightly, with the filming (and we are not even talking official partners like Coke, Heineken etc) is getting tickets slung at them but the actual fans haven't got a sniff of getting to the premiere.

If you Google 'Skyfall premiere tickets Albert Hall' there's a tweet from some guy who works for the Albert Hall who says that limited rockets will be available to the general public - details to 'follow shortly'. That's dated two weeks ago! I'm willing to bet that said tickets never see the light of day and are snapped up by corporate scum who couldn't give a shit if they're seeing the new Bond film or Man U v Wigan as long as it's free.
  • Wish I could get tickets for the premier! Any one out there wishing to sell? ;;)
  • its for charity so tickets will be EXPENSIVE and limited too
    Good luck all in getting your hands on one of these tickets!
  • I managed to get to the ticket ordering screen at 8.59am, selected four 'best available' and site said 'not enough available'. Then by the time I'd re-selected 2, they'd all gone... So close.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not worth it. Paying almost and over a grand for these tickets? In this economy? On principle alone it's madness. For that sort of money, one might as well book a freakin' holiday.
This discussion has been closed.