Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

But it's not Adele singing. And the background music was made with an internet soundboard.
    Bond wrote:
    or the leaked real deal.

You can not be serious. This is a bad dream.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 503
    ­
  • Bond wrote:
    I'd rather leave the possibility open than be completely floored and disappointed if it does turn out to be the real deal.

The vocals sound similar to Adele's, and yes the lyrics are so bad they're reminiscent of DAD, but that doesn't mean this isn't the real song. Naming all the previous titles in the lyrics? Corny, but not out of the question for the 50th anniversary film.
    There is NO WAY in hell that is Adele's voice, or that she would ever refer to the song as "Bond 23" in the lyrics.
    Bond wrote:
    I'd rather leave the possibility open than be completely floored and disappointed if it does turn out to be the real deal.

The vocals sound similar to Adele's, and yes the lyrics are so bad they're reminiscent of DAD, but that doesn't mean this isn't the real song. Naming all the previous titles in the lyrics? Corny, but not out of the question for the 50th anniversary film.

This has to be the greatest joke i've heard all year!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 503
    ­
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    lol, its funny how i find this on youtube, and its made far more comments than i thought. I find it funny that there is a discussion if its real or fake. Haa, its an obvious fake, the lyrics make it obvious. Its not even ADELE. lmao

Something to talk about, i guess. Lets wait for tomorrows official announcement.
  • I'm a bit of a fan of Adele and I'm familiar with her voice. That is most certainly not her, and if she turned in a song with those lyrics to the producers, they would've told her to go back and do it over again.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seriously anyone thinks this utter rubbish is genuine or even have any doubt it isn't the real deal I have to question your intelligence.

It's hilarious the way the vocalist who is clearly not Adele uses the titles of previous films and actually sings Bond 23 in course of the song, anyway I'm sure it's already been said that Adele's theme will have the proper horns and strings treatment, someone knocked this garbage up in their bedroom, anyone who thinks differently I feel very sorry for you.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    To think, this sort of confusion is how political wars start.
    It's fake, I stopped it after the Licence to kill line!
    doubleoego wrote:
    To think, this sort of confusion is how political wars start.

Confusion? There is one person here (Bond) who clearly thinks this may be real.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hence, his confusion.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Bond wrote:

Oh, come on, this sounds more like James Morisson then Adele. The singer doesn't have the breath and power like her. And there is no chance they would ever use so uber-cheap synth instruments. Regardless what you think of 19 & 21 they were both properly produced. This just sounds like a home recording.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 183
    The 'song' is horrendous, yes, but I am more horrified that there are so called Bond fans believing this garbage, or even in two minds about its authenticity! My Gran would know its fake, it's crazy that this has garnered this much interest.

@Bond, please understand that in no universe would any 007 theme song use the lyrics "Bond twenty threeeeee!" and go on to simply list miscellaneous Bond titles for no meaning whatsoever, no matter who the singer is. But if you still have an element of belief in the song, please continue with your defensive points, because I am utterly fascinated by them!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I nearly fell for this when i noticed it on youtube.

What a joke. Great fan media, but nothing else.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Five days until this madness ceases to be. What a joke, indeed.
    Didn't even wasted my time listen it... I much prefer to hear and old and true one like YKMY!
  • Are they officialy confirming it today ?
  • The fake SKYFALL song was just terrible. The minute it started it screamed FAKE.
  • I thought they was announcing it officialy today, can anyone confirm this.???
    I thought they was announcing it officialy today, can anyone confirm this.???

No, I think Bond lifestyle said something about its announcement today, but no source, so no promises
  • TPM007 wrote:
    I thought they was announcing it officialy today, can anyone confirm this.???

No, I think Bond lifestyle said something about its announcement today, but no source, so no promises
    Oh , ok. Isnt lifestyle a well known and trused site though. ?

• Oh , ok. Isnt lifestyle a well known and trused site though. ?

Possibly -- but when that site was mentioned here, I checked it myself and could not find anything there related to the Skyfall song. Maybe I am just stupid -- or it was another misinformation. Does anyone have a direct link to the "Monday" statement from Bond Lifestyle . . ?

• Yes, I also asked for a link before, but no one sent one. I think it must not have been true. Theres nothing on the site about the song
  • Yes, I also asked for a link before, but no one sent one. I think it must not have been true. Theres nothing on the site about the song

Interesting that You say so -- it is not just me then. Going back a number of postings, the first reference to Bond Lifestyle was apparently this:
    According to James Bond Lifestyle

On the 1st of October the name of the artist of the SkyFall titlesong will finally be released. It is very likely that this will be Adele. On October 5th, International James Bond day, this titlesong will be released and immediately available on iTunes.

So, marketto007, if You were indeed the first forum member to mention that news in this thread, would You please be so kind as to point us to the place on Bond Lifestyle where they stated October 1 so that we can verify? That would be great -- thanks a lot.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 371
    Yes, I also asked for a link before, but no one sent one. I think it must not have been true. Theres nothing on the site about the song

Interesting that You say so -- it is not just me then. Going back a number of postings, the first reference to Bond Lifestyle was apparently this:
    According to James Bond Lifestyle

On the 1st of October the name of the artist of the SkyFall titlesong will finally be released. It is very likely that this will be Adele. On October 5th, International James Bond day, this titlesong will be released and immediately available on iTunes.

So, marketto007, if You were indeed the first forum member to mention that news in this thread, would You please be so kind as to point us to the place on Bond Lifestyle where they stated October 1 so that we can verify? That would be great -- thanks a lot.

I saw the same thing, it actually was posted on the Bond Lifestyle Facebook page, it is still there in their timeline on Friday.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

http://www.facebook.com/BondLifestyle/posts/467241159982696
  • So, marketto007, if You were indeed the first forum member to mention that news in this thread, would You please be so kind as to point us to the place on Bond Lifestyle where they stated October 1 so that we can verify? That would be great -- thanks a lot.

http://www.facebook.com/BondLifestyle/posts/467241159982696

Excellent, thank You! So it was not really the Bond Lifestyle website (rather their facebook presence) -- that's what got us a little confused . . !

;)

• Thank you Mark. Hopefuly they are right. I thought they would have annunced it by now though ?