Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't know if there are really any Resident Evil fans on this site besides me, but is anybody else excited about Resident Evil Revelations 2? Just being Revelations 2 suggests to me that the series is at least trying to head back into survival horror territory.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm a fan of Resident Evil. Haven't played many of the games in years. I haven't played any of the newer ones. I stopped at four. Sadly I wish the movies stopped at 4 too.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wish the films had stopped prior to the production of the first one.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - The Art Of Subversion gameplay:

http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/en/news/51-crimes-punishments-the-art-of-subversion-by-sherlock-holmes.html

This game is looking more and more interesting, what with the interrogation techniques and now disguises.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13,894
    The release of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments almost upon us (the US release is Tuesday, UK is Friday), so we have 2 more trailers and a (the first?) review:

'Petty Little Crimes' Trailer:
    http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/en/news/59-crimes-punishments-discover-the-darker-side-of-london-in-new-trailer-pretty-little-crimes.html

Launch Trailer:
    http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/en/news/63-sherlock-holmes-crimes-punishments-the-launch-trailer.html

Review:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/sherlock-holmes-crimes-punishments-review-its-elementary-video-1695775

So this one is a point and click game? Hhmm... ok, i'm still interested.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What games do you all plan on getting (and on what systems) for the rest of the year?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Super Smash Bros 4 for the 3DS and Wii U. :D
    To my knowledge, nothing more this year. Resident Evil Revelations 2, Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster and Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain next year, though.
    All for the PS4:

- Might pick up 'Alien: Isolation' after gameplay videos and reviews are released in October.
    - Picking up 'Lords of the Fallen' at the end of October.
    - Picking up 'Assassin's Creed: Unity,' 'Far Cry 4,' 'Little Big Planet 3,' and probably the Remaster of 'GTA V' in November.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Another question: What do you all think the best game of the year has been so far? For me it's South Park The Stick Of Truth with Titanfall a close second. I'm expecting Assassin's Creed Unity to overtake both of them though.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    What games do you all plan on getting (and on what systems) for the rest of the year?

Assassin's Creed Unity is the main one for me. Really can't wait for that. Rogue looks cool too, looks even better than Unity in some ways (Unity doesn't have any naval stuff and I think Shay seems cooler than Arno despite the dodgy accent), but I'm torn because there are other games I want and if I wait they might bring out an Xbox One version next year.

I'm also getting Alien but that's about it for me. The Xbox One cost me loads and I've had to renew my Xbox Live so I've spent enough on video games lately. There are other games I want (COD, Fifa, Far Cry) but they'll have to wait until next year. Assassin's Creed and Alien should keep me busy for a while anyway and I've got Titanfall.

So AC Unity, Alien Isolation and possibly AC Rogue. I don't really see the point in the GTA remaster. It's still gonna be the same game right, just with better graphics? I thought the graphics were already great on 360 so I don't see the point in getting it again.

Did you ever play AC IV @Creasy47? I remember you said you were considering it but you weren't sure because AC III was disappointing.
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes Punishment
    Assassin's Creed: Rogue
    Raven's Cry

... are the 3 games that i'm interested in, due for release in the rest of this year.
    @thelivingroyale, I never got around to it, sadly. I've still thought about getting it on the PS4, though.
  • Words can't describe how epic this looks

Calling it now: best AC game and therefore (in my opinion) the best game ever. November can't come soon enough.
  • Also, Alien Isolation is out today :D I've ordered it so it'll be here when I get in from work. Really looking forward to it.
  • Uh oh...

Assassin's Creed Unity is apparently full of bugs and glitches, a lot of them game breaking. And it's gotten the worst reviews of the series so far. It's gotten worse reviews than AC Revelations (which, while I loved it, was pretty much a Brotherhood clone and was made in under a year).

It's out in America now, has anyone has played it? If so, what do you think?
    There's a glitch compilation video for Unity, i'd suggest turning of the sound, unless you want to listen to Barbie Girl by Aqua:

Good god, does anything in that game work?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/11/assassins-creed-unity-and-rogue-reviews-wont-be-seen-until-after-launch/

Looking at that video of Unity, I can see why. I completely forgot about Rogue. And given that no review copies of the later were sent out, i'm waiting for reviews and gamepley footage. I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near as fun as Black Flag.
  • Why wouldn't it be as fun as Black Flag? It has pretty much everything Black Flag has with better naval combat and some cool new side activities.

Apparently, with Rogue, the story is fantastic but the gameplay is nearly identical to Black Flag. But I loved Black Flag so for me, that's not a bad thing.
    I mean that so far Blag Flag is my favourite in the series, and that it's successor had/has an uphill battle to please me.

Since my last post, i've found a review:

So Rogue is neither a step forwards, nor a step backwards, but rather a step sideways?
    If you're not gonna be a step forward, I'd rather you be a step sideways than backwards.
    All I've read about the new AC is that it's full of glitches, bugs, screen tearing, etc. But, it's Ubisoft, and they do tend to deliver sub-par work or games loaded with glitches. Glad I passed on it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, Unity can't be that buggy, can it? I've never seen such a beautiful game look so wonky.

The last Ubisoft game I played (the only one, that is) was Hitman: Absolution. Not only did it fail to blow me away, about 3/4 into the game it froze on me, went to black screen and erased all my progress so that I had to start right from the beginning again.
    Hitman: Absolution was a Square Enix game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hitman: Absolution was a Square Enix game.

Just ignore me, folks, just ignore me... #-o
    Wow, Unity can't be that buggy, can it? I've never seen such a beautiful game look so wonky.

The last Ubisoft game I played (the only one, that is) was Hitman: Absolution. Not only did it fail to blow me away, about 3/4 into the game it froze on me, went to black screen and erased all my progress so that I had to start right from the beginning again.

*shudders* even though it was Square Enix, that was one massive trainwreck of a game. It had pretty graphics and that's it. The story was bad, the levels failed to impress me, and it lacked the sandbox, open-level assassinations that I've come to know and love throughout the series since I was a kid. Can't wait for the new, next-gen 'Hitman' game to take me back to that.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Well, that's one ratings juggernaut brought down, finally. C'mon CoD! Fall!
    I don't know if it will bring down the series (would one averagely received Bond film bring down the film series?), but IGN have put up their 6.8/10 review for Rogue:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/15/assassins-creed-rogue-review
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I haven't played either of the new AC games yet. Unity arrived the other day but I want to finish Alien Isolation before I play it. I'll get Rogue at some point too, it looks fun and I've played every game in the series so far apart from Liberation so I'm not gonna stop now.
    Well, that's one ratings juggernaut brought down, finally. C'mon CoD! Fall!

I don't understand this mentality at all tbh. Why would you want a game to fail? For it to be a disappointment to the millions of fans (like myself) who enjoy these games every year? If you don't like the series then don't play them. Rogue getting average reviews means there's one more average game in the world and (if the reviews are right, which they might not be) millions of disappointed fans. What's good about that? Why would you be happy that the game isn't great? Why would you be happy if a game gets bad reviews?

I think a lot of people hate COD (although tbh I'm not the biggest fan of that series, especially after Black Ops 2 disappointed me) and AC just because they're popular. Nobody is forcing you to play them so why can't you just let those of us that do like them enjoy them?