SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    How can you be sure this is for real? There is no announcement on 007.com
    zebrafish wrote: »
    How can you be sure this is for real? There is no announcement on 007.com

They never announce the press conferences officially in advance, they only send out invites.
    I hope, Swank will prove wrong.
    I hope the official press release will include the name of the composer this time (the official press release announcing the start of filming of Skyfall included the names of every major player of the film except the composer). I remember how convinced @JamesPage was just a couple of months ago about David Arnold returning. I want to see him proven wrong. :bz
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Well, my wish list would be: title, composer, main Bond girl. But we may get substantially less and this may well be a photocall not a genuine conference. It is coming soon, though - that's good! :)

You are such a busy bee, Panchito. ;) I would be thrilled if Arnold was on board, but according to Arnold he is not. I rather expect Newman but would be even happier if a totally new composer is given a chance.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If Swank is cast, I'll buy a Mickey mouse costume, buy a German tapestry kit, get a flight to Berlin and get to work.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    doubleoego wrote: »
    If Swank is cast, I'll buy a Mickey mouse costume, buy a German tapestry kit, get a flight to Berlin and get to work.

=)) I'm trying to picture that!
  • re: Swank....here's the item on parody site Mediamass.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/hilary-swank/james-bond.html
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Does anybody know why 007.com never posts news on Bond 24? I could imagine them being reluctant to post gossip news, but there have been many official announcements since then.
    re: Swank....here's the item on parody site Mediamass.

That site is completele useless. You can find the same report just about every single actress there. See: http://en.mediamass.net/people/emily-blunt/james-bond.html
    jake24 wrote: »
    Does anybody know why 007.com never posts news on Bond 24? I could imagine them being reluctant to post gossip news, but there have been many official announcements since then.

007.com is the official James Bond site. It would be completely insane for them to post gossip news. Why have they not posted any official news about Bond 24 yet? It simple: the producers don't want to reveal anything yet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @PanchitoPistoles, but that doesn't negate the fact that the site lacks official announcements that have already been revealed.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles, but that doesn't negate the fact that the site lacks official announcements that have already been revealed.

What official announcements? The last official announcement was about Mendes returning as the director as far as I know and that announcement was made more than a year ago.

I mean this one: http://www.007.com/bond-24-news-2/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

What official announcements? The last official announcement was about Mendes returning as the director as far as I know and that announcement was made more than a year ago.

I see an official announcement as a confirmation, such as Jany Temime returning, Hoyte van Hoytema joining, the movie being shot on film, etc. Not sure why these items aren't posted if they're essentially confirmed.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I believe, Marketto will be proven right with a photocall only, which doesn't mean, they may NOT give out title and whole cast.

It may a photocall... that they will name a press conference.

I see an official announcement as a confirmation, such as Jany Temime returning, Hoyte van Hoytema joining, the movie being shot on film, etc. Not sure why these items aren't posted if they're essentially confirmed.

That's not how the film industry works. First of all they would never make a separate announcement for someone like a costume designer and they will not make an official announcement every time a crew member talks to the press about their involvement either. All those names will be announced via the press release announcing the start of filming.

Remember how editor Tariq Anwar, who worked with Mendes twice in the past told the press that he will be the editor of Bond 23... Didn't turn out that way...
    Cool stuff indeed, I am sure their will be something on the website when i wake up in the morning with abit of luck? Roll on next thursday! :-bd
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I hope the official press release will include the name of the composer this time (the official press release announcing the start of filming of Skyfall included the names of every major player of the film except the composer). I remember how convinced @JamesPage was just a couple of months ago about David Arnold returning. I want to see him proven wrong. :bz

well, just last week i asked Arnold via Twitter (if that counts for anything) about his returning on Bond 24.. and he said as follows ..."@DJCLE84 I haven't. Can't see Tom not doing it as Sam is directing."... i'm likely to take the man for his word - unless he's been asked to be mum about everything (which i highly doubt)....... I speculated back a few months ago that the window could be left open for Arnold to return based on Newman's loaded 2015 schedule... but even with that, if i were a betting man, i still would place my bets on Newman returning..
    @haserot I don't think Newman has a loaded 2015 schedule. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is completed and then he has Finding Dory but that won't be released until the summer of 2016. He seems to have plenty of time to work on Bond 24.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @PanchitoPistoles

ok, well.... it wasn't that sparse if memory served me correctly a few months ago - there were at least 2 other projects listed as being in-development... so who knows lol...

interestingly enough though - he is labled on IMDB as working on Bond 24, just last week it was still David Arnold's name listed as 'rumored' on the page..... granted, we all know IMDB is the wikipedia of film, anyone can post anything, so take that with a grain of salt........ just found it curious nonetheless..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002353/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1#composer
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,756
    HASEROT wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles

ok, well.... it wasn't that sparse if memory served me correctly a few months ago - there were at least 2 other projects listed as being in-development... so who knows lol...

interestingly enough though - he is labled on IMDB as working on Bond 24, just last week it was still David Arnold's name listed as 'rumored' on the page..... granted, we all know IMDB is the wikipedia of film, anyone can post anything, so take that with a grain of salt........ just found it curious nonetheless..

Fingers crossed Thomas Newman doesn't return. Any other composer could do better.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @PanchitoPistoles

Fingers crossed Thomas Newman doesn't return. Any other composer could do better.

I'm holding out for Michael Giacchino.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,115
    re: Swank....here's the item on parody site Mediamass.

That site is completele useless. You can find the same report just about every single actress there. See: http://en.mediamass.net/people/emily-blunt/james-bond.html

That's why it is a PARODY site. It is NOT meant to be taken seriously. But other sites mistakenly pickup on Mediamass items as if they were legitimate.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Murdock wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles

Giacchino would be a dream too. I think I'd even prefer Eric Serra to come back over Newman.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles

Giacchino would be a dream too. I think I'd even prefer Eric Serra to come back over Newman.

Either would make my day.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Why are people acting shocked? The PRESS said there'd be a PRESS CONFERENCE next week. It didn't seem to be a big secret, did it?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

You're kidding, right?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »

You're kidding, right?
    My thought exactly.
    Why are people acting shocked? The PRESS said there'd be a PRESS CONFERENCE next week. It didn't seem to be a big secret, did it?

We aren't shocked just happy that now we know the exact date of the event.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588

We aren't shocked just happy that now we know the exact date of the event.
    Do you think they'll do a live feed like last time? It'd be kind of difficult for me though given that I'm not on London time, and it's usually held during morning hours.

And what on earth happened to @Gustav_Graves?
    So we'll probably know the title next Thursday? I'm stoked.