SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    You were commenting on the pics posted here but I made very clear that I was looking at pics posted by other people connected! Why you assumed otherwise, I have no idea. Now let's move on, this is becoming ridiculous.
    ggl007 wrote: »

Thx for the info, maybe you have a photo with higher resolution?
    Bernie99 wrote: »

Here you go: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2jYRkgCUAEuGRK.jpg:large
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    the airplane will fly above a forest track, on which three Range Rovers are driving. (The airplane will actually not fly itself, but be guided by some steel cables.) The flight however will end in the house. For the visit they set up a banner at the wall of the house (see picture). Afterwards Bond will be chased by Skidoos through the village. They ordered 20 of them for this production. (Under the picture of the boat they also state the amount of 20, but I guess this was mixed up.)

Thank you very much to #11 from commanderbond

very very interesting.

• Sandy wrote: »
    You were commenting on the pics posted here but I made very clear that I was looking at pics posted by other people connected! Why you assumed otherwise, I have no idea. Now let's move on, this is becoming ridiculous.

Hey dear @Sandy? I am very sorry. This is a forum. And, when not seeing each other or hearing each other, you sometimes get mixed up. Me included. This is not ridiculous......it's just a misunderstanding. And I'm sorry for that :-). Hugssss :-).
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Bernie99 wrote: »

Here you go: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2jYRkgCUAEuGRK.jpg:large

I also found this translated part interesting:
    First stop during the prominent "Sightseeing-Tour" in Austria is a piece of forest very closely located to the biathlon center of Obertilliach. [......] Exactly here a dramatic plane crash scene will be filmed. Big wooden poles and thick cables have been placed there. They will make a two-engine Piper airplane (pictured below) "fly" over it, while at the same time three Range Rover's will be "thundering" on the then snow covered forest road (below it?)
    Piper%20Seneca%20V_AD.png
    While director Sam Mendes is non-stop calling with his smartphone, special effects supervisor Chris Corbould and stunt supervisor Gary Powell are discussing. They carefully study the wooden houses and log-cabins that have also been built by the production team, and that are surrounding the large "Bond-House" in which the Piper plane will crash. James Bond will be chased by skidoos inside the village. [......] As soon as the first snow falls, the 2nd Unit will start rehearsing the filming of these stunt scenes there.

Well, we can draw some "mild conclusions" now (I put it between brackets, because it angers some people if I make this appear as a confirmation):
    --> A lot of the crew is already in Austria, including director Sam Mendes and Chris Corbould and Gary Powell. Extensive preparations and rehearsals of stunts and yet-to-be-filmed scenes. This is the last phase of pre-production (or where do we draw the line between pre-production and principal photography/actual filming?).
    --> The production team really need good weather circumstances, as most of the action sequences in Austria will take place in the snow. Based on experiences in OHMSS and FYEO, the production team must be aware of strict planning.
    --> The action sequences will most likely appear to take place within/above snowy forests and inside the densely populated village (lots of houses there) of Obertilliach. That's why the production team also build extra wooden houses around the "Bond-House" in which the Piper plane crashes. So put on your jacket when you watch these scenes ;-).
    --> The action sequence combined, looks (I'm not confirming) as big as the Skyfall-lodge action sequence. I can not confirm if this will be in the PTS or at the end of the film.
    --> The story is not talking about filming on the Rettenbachferner glacier, which will be closed for tourists during two weeks in Janary and February. This could mean that Bond 24 includes not just one, but most likely two or more large action sequences in the snow.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks for the translation, @Gustav_Graves!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm getting a distinct chilly FYEO/OHMSS vibe, and am loving it....

Now we need a kick 'a' score to accompany the scenes.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    bondjames wrote: »

Me too @bondjames, me too ;-). I just hope the
    snow sequences
    really look and feel "new" and "original". Just like the rooftop train fight in SF felt grittier, more unique and newer than the similar rooftop train fight in OP.

I hope the camerawork will be as stunning as in SF. And I'm still hoping for a "GoPro snow-filming" approach, so that the audience will truly experience a rollercoaster, as if they are themselves
    on ski's or skidoos
    . Especially for IMAX-fans this must count. "Re-inventing action sequences" should be the key word.
    So there are rumours that Waltz is not the villain ? :/

He would make an AMAZING villain..I hope he is not an ally but the villain
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    dragonsky wrote: »

Why? I think he would make an amazing ally as well! Villains do not hold the monopoly of great characters. Is Kronsteen more fascinating than Darko Kerim Bey, for example?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883

Me too @bondjames, me too ;-). I just hope the
    snow sequences
    really look and feel "new" and "original". Just like the rooftop train fight in SF felt grittier, more unique and newer than the similar rooftop train fight in OP.

I hope the camerawork will be as stunning as in SF. And I'm still hoping for a "GoPro snow-filming" approach, so that the audience will truly experience a rollercoaster, as if they are themselves
    on ski's or skidoos
    . Especially for IMAX-fans this must count. "Re-inventing action sequences" should be the key word.

Excellent points @Gustav_Graves. I never even thought about GoPro. That would be a stunning addition & would really make a difference to the action scenes. You're absolutely right, Bond is all about "Re-inventing action sequences". As I've said before, the parkour scene in CR still gives me goosebumps.. I really felt I was there on that crane. I was particularly happy to see that they beat Live Free or Die Hard to it by a year (& did it better).

With the return of Damon's Bourne in 2016, EON has to make sure that they stay on the cutting edge, because I'm sure Greengrass/Damon will kick it up a notch the following year.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 3,169
    I never even thought about GoPro. That would be a stunning addition & would really make a difference to the action scenes.
    The latest GoPro4 can even shoot 4K 30 fps.
  • Let the snow fall...
  • Sandy wrote: »

Why? I think he would make an amazing ally as well! Villains do not hold the monopoly of great characters. Is Kronsteen more fascinating than Darko Kerim Bey, for example?

Why do you guys, dear guys, think so black-and-white regarding roles and characters ;-). Why can't Waltz first be a section-chief or another agent of, let's say, MI-6, Europol or Interpol? He starts off as Bond 24's Kerim Bey/Draco/Columbo/Mathis. But slowly, during the film, we get to know more from him and he turns out to be a mastermind, plotting a villainous scheme a la Kronsteen/Kristatos/Largo.

And during the entire film....this character stays very compelling, charismatic and enigmatic. That's what I call.....creating a role with lots of "grey" character traits. Way more compelling than either a "villain" or an "ally". And I fully believe that Sam Mendes/John Logan/Purvis&Wade/Butterworth are, like with "Skyfall", to create such wunderful complex multilayered characters. Otherwise Christoph Waltz wouldn't have come onboard in the first place.

By the way, thank you so much @ggl007 for that wun-der-ful article! It gives away a lot of spoilers, but I don't care :-). I love being spoilered. Because even once I see the movie in cinema I still enjoy it. And the news from today really makes me happy.....and excited ;-).
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ehh not too original sounding.. already crashed a helicopter into bond's house and a car chase in QOS... (:|
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Ehh not too original sounding.. already crashed a helicopter into bond's house and a car chase in QOS... (:|

Many Bond movies have crashed vehicles and chases. Heck many action movies.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »

Depends how it's executed for me. The helicopter crash for me was kind of a "quick event". The action sequence that is being set up sounds way more elaborate...and part of a well-written plot.

The car chase from QOS? Please don't make me laugh. "Ronin"! Now in that movie we saw a good car chase.

Moreover, let's not forget Bond is now ongoing for 52 years. Even the PTS in SF was not original, if you look back to OP. But how that sequence was executed, how this kind of action was re-invented, and looked more grittier than in OP, actually made it work for me.

In all honesty, I think the SF-PTS is the best PTS since TLD. At least for me that is. A gritty little film within the entire Bond film.

this action sequence will be the pre-title sequence. don't they usually film the pre-title sequence first, during principal photography? didn't they do that with CR, QOS and SF? why would bond 24 be any different. Also, it looks like the gun barrel sequence will be back in the front ... opening up to the
    plane
    ! damn, i am getting very excited!
    And I agree if done with panache but still ....the crashing into a house just seems so close to SF.
    [quote="bondjames;387921"]I'm getting a distinct chilly FYEO/OHMSS vibe, and am loving it....

Now we need a kick 'a' score to accompany the scenes.[/quote]

So am I.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    And I agree if done with panache but still ....the crashing into a house just seems so close to SF.

Don't worry :-). Don't forget it will look like the plane crashes in an entire village. So it probably will look very different.

...and they typically don't film sequentially. Think filming this now because if weather/season.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I really appreciate the current spoiler tags! However, for example, one more spoiler tag was needed for mcdonbb's comment (I don't want to know where things crash). Please. And thank you all. I know it is hard to read this thread at all these days and I'll probably need to stop coming here entirely real soon.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 3,169
    mnhettia wrote: »
    this action sequence will be the pre-title sequence. don't they usually film the pre-title sequence first, during principal photography? didn't they do that with CR, QOS and SF?
    No, they didn't.
    -The PCS for QoS was shot April 2008, five months after principal photography began.
    -The PCS for SF was likewise shot months after principal photography began in Nov' 11
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 203
    Zekidk wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »
    this action sequence will be the pre-title sequence. don't they usually film the pre-title sequence first, during principal photography? didn't they do that with CR, QOS and SF?
    No, they didn't.
    -The PCS for QoS was shot April 2008, five months after principal photography began.
    -The PCS for SF was likewise shot months after principal photography began in Nov' 11
    didn't know that. so i guess this sequence could be anywhere in the movie. thanks for setting me straight! still exciting times! bring on bond 24. i think this one might give avengers (1) a run for its money ... box office wise!
    can't wait to see the ski sequence ... if bond is being chased by skiidoos he must be on skies right? also, the 3 camera rig could be used to capture the stunt skiier doubling bond? i hope they have improved their cgi face replacement artists/technology
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    Sandy wrote: »

Why do you guys, dear guys, think so black-and-white regarding roles and characters ;-). Why can't Waltz first be a section-chief or another agent of, let's say, MI-6, Europol or Interpol? He starts off as Bond 24's Kerim Bey/Draco/Columbo/Mathis. But slowly, during the film, we get to know more from him and he turns out to be a mastermind, plotting a villainous scheme a la Kronsteen/Kristatos/Largo.

And during the entire film....this character stays very compelling, charismatic and enigmatic. That's what I call.....creating a role with lots of "grey" character traits. Way more compelling than either a "villain" or an "ally". And I fully believe that Sam Mendes/John Logan/Purvis&Wade/Butterworth are, like with "Skyfall", to create such wunderful complex multilayered characters. Otherwise Christoph Waltz wouldn't have come onboard in the first place.

By the way, thank you so much @ggl007 for that wun-der-ful article! It gives away a lot of spoilers, but I don't care :-). I love being spoilered. Because even once I see the movie in cinema I still enjoy it. And the news from today really makes me happy.....and excited ;-).
    I completely with you on that one. When Skyfall was in production, I knew virtually everything that happened in the movie, having searched the full scene by scene synopsis on Wikipedia before it came out in North America. I still enjoyed the film to a full extent, and consider it my favorite Bond movie, despite knowing everything ahead of time.
    Also, can someone link the article from Kleine Zeitung? I can't seem to find it on their website
    :)
    I wonder if our friend Baz will have another scoop on Bond 24 for us all tomorrow?!!! ^:)^