Bonding In England: The Perfect Trip for a Bond fan in 2012

gt007gt007 Station G
edited March 2012 in News Posts: 1,182
As everyone in this forum knows, this year marks the 50th anniversary of Bond and some amazing events are going to be held in England.
That's exciting for both UK-based fans and fans from the rest of the world, but unfortunately it's harder for the latter to make it.
I want to make a trip to England this year and go to as many BOND 50 events as possible. But when is the best time of the year to go? What are the main BOND 50 events? What else is there for a Bond fan to visit in England apart from the main events?
I thought other people may want to to do the same thing and have the same and more questions, so I opened this thread.
A thread where we can discuss/propose travelling plans, based on the BOND 50 events. A thread where the forum's Londoners can give us foreigners advice. A thread where.... Well, you get the drift.

So far the BOND 50 events are:

Bond In Motion - Beaulieu, Jan 2012-Dec 2012
Designing 007 – 50 Years Of Bond Style - Barbican, London, 6 July 2012–5 Sept 2012

So right now it's pretty easy. The best time for a Bond fan to visit England is between 6 July and 5 September, so they can visit both events.
But what if someone also wants to go to the premiere of SKYFALL? Personally, I would love to go. Not to see the actual movie of course, but to see the stars, get some photos/autographs and stuff like that. It sounds very exciting.
Moreover, I'm afraid that things will become more complicated, as it's very likely events will be planned for October-November 2012, near the release of SKYFALL.

So, right now the main question is: which one would you suggest/prefer for yourself? Bond In Motion and Designing 007, or Bond In Motion and SKYFALL premiere?

BOND 50 EVENTS LIST (regularly updated):
<ul>
<li>Bond In Motion, Beaulieu, Jan 2012-Dec 2012</li>
<li>Designing 007 – 50 Years Of Bond Style, London, 6 July 2012–5 Sept 2012</li>
<li>Bond Music Concert, Royal Festival Hall, London, 23rd November 2012 </li>
</ul>

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    If anyone wants to add details of Bond events or potential meet-ups then by all means add your information to this thread.
    Great thread idea to keep a track of anniversary activity.

I live in London so timing for me is less important but if I was recommending one time for you, I'd say to come for the Premiere. I've done it before and nothing beats the buzz of a new film release in London. Excitement is everywhere you look. Posters are up on streets and on red buses, Bond-related spots fill tv programmes, trailers wet your appetite during advert breaks... and this year the Premiere will of course be bigger and better than before. Well worth being at.

I've stood with fellow Bond fanatics at the last two premieres. Its an amazing atmosphere. I spoke briefly about it here: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1869/whos-planning-on-going-to-the-uk-premier-oct.-26/p1

And of course, I would expect a number of other events to lead up close to this time of 2012.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    slyfox wrote:
    Great thread idea to keep a track of anniversary activity.

I live in London so timing for me is less important but if I was recommending one time for you, I'd say to come for the Premiere. I've done it before and nothing beats the buzz of a new film release in London. Excitement is everywhere you look. Posters are up on streets and on red buses, Bond-related spots fill tv programmes, trailers wet your appetite during advert breaks... and this year the Premiere will of course be bigger and better than before. Well worth being at.

I've stood with fellow Bond fanatics at the last two premieres. Its an amazing atmosphere. I spoke briefly about it here: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1869/whos-planning-on-going-to-the-uk-premier-oct.-26/p1

And of course, I would expect a number of other events to lead up close to this time of 2012.

I can imagine. It must be amazing.

MI6 says the Designing 007 exhibition will tour internationally after London.
    When details about that tour arrive, people (including me of course) will be able to make better plans. I hope that happens soon.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 940
    So far the BOND 50 events are:

Bond In Motion - Beaulieu, Jan 2012-Dec 2012
    Designing 007 – 50 Years Of Bond Style - Barbican, London, 6 July 2012–5 Sept 2012
    Bond Music Concert - Royal Festival Hall, London, 23rd November 2012
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Thanks for putting it here, @slyfox!

I updated the first post with a list to be updated whenever a new event is announced, for easier and quicker access to all information.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I would go with Bond in Motion and the premiere, no doubt :) (that's what I plan to do)