The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    chrisisall wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Did you change the title again? Why?
    I gave it the original title plus the year for archival purposes.
    Ok, if they want to close it we can start a general American Political Discussion thread to continue this interesting conversation forward. It's up to them of course.
    Do so if you (or anyone else) wish(es); this thread was over at the election point. It just kept gasping on.
    b-(
    I don't think so, but this is your thread so it's your call. It remains quite popular, and there are plenty of cabinet posts and policy moves to discuss in the upcoming year, so either this thread or its successor is sure to be busy.

While we await Bond news (probably one year away), I'm happy to discuss the latest appointments and machinations in the American political spectrum. It will be an unprecedented 4 years.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,687
    While we await Bond news (probably one year away), I'm happy to discuss the latest appointments and machinations in the American political spectrum. It will be an unprecedented 4 years.
    So start one! I'd be there.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    DALTON RULEZ™

always has, always will.
    What would be the logic in clsing this just to open another? Hä? :-O
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    It does appear illogical, but let's see what happens.

There has been some discussion that this administration could defacto operate like a coalition government. There is the Trump wing of the party, the conservative wing, and the progressive wing. There is bound to be some crossover of ideas between Democrats and Trump, as Chuck Schumer, incoming Senate Minority leader (replacing the cantankerous grouch known as Harry Reid - good riddance to you sir, don't let the door hit you on the way out) alluded to yesterday. He knows Trump from New York, and the President Elect contributed to his campaign when he was a democrat. Conversely, there is bound to be quite a bit of resistance by Conservatives to some of Trump's big plans (they are likely to try to obstruct his Infrastructure Bank idea, which was originally floated by Obama 8 years ago and also by Clinton during this election campaign).

I hope to see controversial ideas put forth that do not necessarily fall easily down readily definable party lines. That is what those who voted for Trump expect.

The Secretary of State role is a terribly important one given the state of the world these days (especially to me, as an avid follower of Foreign Policy matters). The last great one (imho) was James Baker. I hope to see a qualified pick for this post, but have no clue who has a similar level of gravitas, intellect and vision these days - certainly not Giuliani.

I would prefer some industry picks for Cabinet posts, and as mentioned yesterday, it would be nice to see a Democrat in at least one position (like how Gates & Cohen - both Republicans - were selected as prior Secretaries of Defense under Democratic administrations).
    DALTON RULEZ™
    always has, always will.
    Got THAT right my man!

Captain Kirk: Everything Harry tells you is a lie. Remember that. Everything Harry tells you is a lie.
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd: Now listen to this carefully, Norman. I am... lying.
    Norman: You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie, but you lie... You tell the truth but you cannot for you lie... illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human. Only humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!
    Captain Kirk: I am not programmed to respond in that area.
  • KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!!!!
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!!!!
    Yeah, blame the immigrant whydoncha?
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,601

Captain Kirk: Everything Harry tells you is a lie. Remember that. Everything Harry tells you is a lie.
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd: Now listen to this carefully, Norman. I am... lying.
    Norman: You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie, but you lie... You tell the truth but you cannot for you lie... illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human. Only humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!
    Captain Kirk: I am not programmed to respond in that area.

..and that is an answer to that? Like I said - nobody bothers to actually answer to a post. This is what makes it slightly difficult to get something out of it other then stupid attacks. Tze, tze...guys, guys. I thought, you were better then this. I was wrong. Be happy, I admit, I was wrong regarding something.
    But with giving answers like you do, this will be as faras it gets. Its like playing in kindergarden.
    But with giving answers like you do, this will be as faras it gets. Its like playing in kindergarden.
    "If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell."
    If I were human."

I've never seen someone consciously attempting to spam their own thread before. Seems rather self defeating to me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Something tells me it will be business as usual in Washington the next years.
    I've never seen someone consciously attempting to spam their own thread before. Seems rather self defeating to me.

Something tells me it will be business as usual in Washington the next years.
    I certainly hope not, although that is the most likely scenario as you note. At least a few symbolic scraps must be thrown the way of the commoners and plebians imho.

Star Trek is never spam :P it's illogical.
    At least a few symbolic scraps must be thrown the way of the commoners and plebians imho.

At least a few symbolic scraps must be thrown the way of the commoners and plebians imho.
    "The needs of the many....."....?
    This is appropos:

Be like Spock.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Did you change the title again? Why?
    I gave it the original title plus the year for archival purposes.
    Ok, if they want to close it we can start a general American Political Discussion thread to continue this interesting conversation forward. It's up to them of course.
    Do so if you (or anyone else) wish(es); this thread was over at the election point. It just kept gasping on.
    b-(
    I don't think so, but this is your thread so it's your call. It remains quite popular, and there are plenty of cabinet posts and policy moves to discuss in the upcoming year, so either this thread or its successor is sure to be busy.

I am hoping for an unprecented 4 years!
    I hope, given Trump's unique history with the pageant world, that new POTUS finds room for at least 3-4 former Miss America pageant contestants for his cabinet and staff.
    Some of these women are real smart, but they are discriminated against because of their looks, when it comes to high public office, or even medium public office.
    There is a bevy of diverse candidates graduating the pageants every year, from all different regions of the country. They are often well traveled and represent a broad ethnic diversity.
    They need a fair shake, and the Donald is the guy to stand up for them.
    To not consider them would be sexist, and racist, as they are generally a nice multi-racial mix.
    And they have the added bonus of knowing how to dress for formal dinners, sensible outfits for business meetings.
    Foreign leaders would bend and grovel to their every wish. Their every appearance would generate massive social media traffic, generating much good will for the nation and the free world by extension!
    I am serious. I am thinking 10 good candidates would be a great start!
    Let's shake this party up!!!!
    Support your local pageant winner!

top7a.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LADIES AND THE TRUMP
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
    LADIES AND THE TRUMP
    Don't give Disney any ideas...

[-(
    Hillarious @timmer, and I fully agree. Trump will definitely use whatever and whomever it takes to close the deal. Your post reminded me a little of the LTK scene from below (Sanchez doing what it takes) which I can see Trump emulating during negotiations with the Chinese or even the Mexicans about that wall (hope the link works).

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8578693

If anyone needs further assurances, Melania is on the left and Heidi Klum is on the right:
    trump_and_women_3432543b.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Exposed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Exposed.

tumblr_o0525udinP1tj4fcro1_1280.jpg
    Aidan Turner screams Bond! Look at that body and face. Channelling Connery a lot!
    Wow. Bloody wow.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He does look good their but those scruffy beardy pictures of him someone keeps posting turn me off. :))
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Aidan Turner screams Bond! Look at that body and face. Channelling Connery a lot!

Must be the chest hair.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    ;) Having fun here yet? Ok then. Here we go:
    (Oh and I like Aidan.)
    I'm not seeing Connery unfortunately. Something, but not Sean.
This discussion has been closed.