Stuff that is ****ing me off.

edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 70
Why not get it out in the open?

And I think I have every right to speak up. Let it be known that I intend to help, as a tried and true veteran/addict/crazy-uncle-who-stares-at-your-girlfriend-and-thinks-of-what-she-looks-like-naked of MI6, this new forum grow and live and long and prosper.

-<b>How this was handled</b>.
I realize there may be info forthcoming, but I don't like how this came out of nowhere and the old site and all it contained just vanished. After I made a post about the Star Wars prequels of all things. I think I made the last ever post on that site. And it was about the Star Wars prequels. I'd kinda like everyone to know that. :)

-<b>This format.</b>
Quoting is a bitch.

Navigating multipage threads is even worse.

There is a one day limit for editing posts.

There is a character limit for posts!!!??? You must be joking. That's too absurd for me wrap my head around at present.

-<b>We weren't even consulted.</b>
You wanna call it "MI6 Community", let us know what's gonna happen. We ARE the community!

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 202
    Removed by a moderator
    I agree that an open forum is needed to discuss some issues. From the response, I am assuming that a last minute problem forced them to change their domain.

If not, they sort of just winged it and hoped for the best.

It does seem a lot sloppier than the old site. Will take some time to work it out. But, I guess that's change. I didn't know Barack was running MI6.
    Removed by a moderator
    Makes me want to rip my hair out.
    Word on the multipage threads, there's no way to jump to the last post. A bit of a pain.

Oh well, the colour scheme is still ****** miles ahead of the CBn set up. WHO thinks yellow on black on red looks good? WHO!?
  • Just to let everyone know. I don't want this to be a "bitch and moan" thread. Not that anyone here has done it yet. I'm trying to be constructive.

It's just that MI6 was a staple of my day-to-day life and it's been replaced by........ this.
    ps. I feel like I'm in facebook chat.
  • Quoting Vesper: WHO thinks yellow on black on red looks good? WHO!?
    Germans.
    On a serious note (shifting course from most of my comments), I agree with you. I mean if they wanted to change it, so be it. They have that power. But it would have been nice being given at least a weeks notice. Hell, I would have taken 2 or 3 days.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    -The entire transition was botched horribly. One minute on, next minute gone.
    -The lack of longer build meant nuMI6 was thrown at us without any input on our end. Some issues that are being brought up now would have been mentioned much earlier if we had known and seen this coming. Or, at the very least, a transition period where both forums are open.
    -No location tags. Location tags where a great Signature replacement that created a specific identity without mucking up the neatness.
    -No hotlinks for bold, italics, or other text flourishes.
    -Quoting previous posts looks awful and is counter intuitive.

On the bright side, we can embed things. And pictures scale.
  • Lol, Vesper. Lol. (I can't think of anything else to say)
    Removed by a moderator
  • Quoting Licence_To_Blog: You've been a member for 8 years. You have the right to, I'd say.
    I've been a member for 90 minutes, but it feels like 8 years.
    I thought I was a member since 2003, but apparently not. :p
  • This type of forum just looks so cheap.
    Feels like a Facebook Inbox Conversation.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    All 00's have been members since March 1st.

Which means this site has existed for 2 weeks without us knowing or seeing it.
    Which means they knew about the transition well ahead of time. Glad they told us.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Feel free to not post if you hate it so much :*
  • I just don't understand the need for a new format. Whatever technical faults KTBU had, it was still structured like a typical internet forum. I just don't get it, man.
  • Wait, I've been a member for two and half hours! Good Lord, I've been bitching that long.

Well, I was bitching for 8 years before that.

Actually, I was young and naive for about 4, then crotchety and bitchy for the other 4.
    \
    Quoting JamesPage: Feel free to not post if you hate it so much :-*
    Glad that's what we get after 8 years after being so loyal. :X
    Yeah, they did have that whole forum that all 00 agents could view and they could post a giant sticky in...

I don't know about cheap, but the banner and buttons need a lot of work.

It doesn't look *as* bad when in category view.
    That's the thing. MI6 wasn't flashy but it was perfectly utilitarian. There's something to be said for simplicity.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 110
    Quoting CommanderJamesBond: I just don't understand the need for a new format. Whatever technical faults KTBU had, it was still structured like a typical internet forum. I just don't get it, man.
    I don't get it either. It's just like the time I was forced to upgrade my sweet rig.
    But seriously, I'm not trying to be a pain or moan. I love this site and I still do. I just wonder why the transition had to be a surprise? What was the reasoning behind this? Or is that "classified"?
    Quoting Moore: Glad that's what we get after 8 years after being so loyal.
    Heartwarming...
    @JamesPage - can you at least explain why you didn't give prior warning?
    Quoting Licence_To_Blog: Heartwarming...
    Raises the hair on the back of my neck.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Quoting Moore: Or is that "classified"?
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/moved/
This discussion has been closed.