Bond against the Taliban/Al Qaeda/ISIS?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Never knew the CIA has been around since the 7th century, so thanks for that tidbit.
    I think there are a number of issues with this idea, the most important one being the susceptibility of Islamists of course. Another one is the darn puritanical and unglamorous nature of Islamist terrorism.

That said, Islamist terrorism was in the background of CR and more importantly SF.
  • If Bond is pitted against Muslim Extremists, where will be terrorists threats and people would strapping bombs on themselves and set themselves off in the theater where the movie would be playing.
    If Bond is pitted against Muslim Extremists, where will be terrorists threats and people would strapping bombs on themselves and set themselves off in the theater where the movie would be playing.

8-}
    No thanks.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Look, let's be honest about something. Some Muslim groups can be pretty sensitive about these things. Remember the embassy burnings over a few cartoons? Right. To get their butts kicked in films must be bad enough. To get their butts kicked by a sexually promiscuous alcohol abuser must make it even worse.

I remember one of those 24 seasons where they actually opened the first episode with a disclaimer about not attacking Muslims and such. Post-9/11 fear, and far from unjustified IMO.

But the main reason why I wouldn't want to send Bond after these terrorists in the films is because there's nothing even remotely adventurous or sexy about that. With 9/11 still too fresh in my mind, I couldn't enjoy myself like I'm used to with a Bond film. Sure, CR and SF may have had some references to terrorism, but at least what I saw was mostly classic Bond stuff. Muslim terrorism is too real for me at the moment, and too ugly, too unpleasant, overall too un-charming. I don't care how many Blofelds or Goldfingers they invent; these guys and their plots are larger than life and as such they are welcome in an escapist adventure. But Al-Q is just too painfully real and too frightening. I wouldn't exactly have a good time in the theatre...
    I suggest something we will all love. The North Koreans (properly this time). Because even if it isn't a good film, we'll all have a laugh.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond should always fight sophisticated villains with well thought out complex plans.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Look, let's be honest about something. Some Muslim groups can be pretty sensitive about these things. Remember the embassy burnings over a few cartoons? Right. To get their butts kicked in films must be bad enough. To get their butts kicked by a sexually promiscuous alcohol abuser must make it even worse.

I remember one of those 24 seasons where they actually opened the first episode with a disclaimer about not attacking Muslims and such. Post-9/11 fear, and far from unjustified IMO.

But the main reason why I wouldn't want to send Bond after these terrorists in the films is because there's nothing even remotely adventurous or sexy about that. With 9/11 still too fresh in my mind, I couldn't enjoy myself like I'm used to with a Bond film. Sure, CR and SF may have had some references to terrorism, but at least what I saw was mostly classic Bond stuff. Muslim terrorism is too real for me at the moment, and too ugly, too unpleasant, overall too un-charming. I don't care how many Blofelds or Goldfingers they invent; these guys and their plots are larger than life and as such they are welcome in an escapist adventure. But Al-Q is just too painfully real and too frightening. I wouldn't exactly have a good time in the theatre...

This,..
    Murdock wrote:
    Bond should always fight sophisticated villains with well thought out complex plans.

Exactly, but I would always liked to have seen Bond against the Soviets a bit more, or even more intriguing would have been something to do with the IRA (But in the 70's and 80's I can imagine that would have got the same reaction Muslims now would probably get).

• Never knew the CIA has been around since the 7th century, so thanks for that tidbit.

no you just had the masons who are the cia today, and don't forget the Templars - the original terrorists.

this lot still control us today...having said that, bond would probably be a 33 degree Mason.

other famous 33 degree masons:

Political Leaders USA

Bill Clinton, (Masonic youth group)

Newt Gingrich, 33rd Degree Freemason

Bob Dole, 33rd Degree Freemason

Jack Kemp, 33rd Degree Freemason

Storm Thurmond, 33rd Degree Freemason

Colin Powell, 33rd Degree Freemason, U.S. Secretary of State

Jesse Helms, 33rd Degree Freemason

Barry Goldwater, 33rd Degree Freemason

Al Gore, Freemason

George Washington, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, James Polk, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, James Garfield, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft, Warren Harding, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and George Bush were all Masonic Presidents of the U.S.A.

Political Leaders Canada

Sir John A. MacDonald, Prime Minister of Canada 1867-1873 & 1878-1891

Sir John J.C. Abbott, Prime Minister of Canada 1891-1892

Sir Mackenzie Bowell, Prime Minister of Canada 1894-1896

Sir Robert L. Borden, Prime Minister of Canada 1911-1920

Viscount R.B. Bennett, Prime Minister of Canada 1930-1935

John G. Diefenbaker, Prime Minister of Canada 1957-1963

Political Leaders Australia

Sir Edmond Barton, Prime Minister of Australia 1901-1903

Sir George Huston Reid, Prime Minister of Australia 1904-1905

Sir Joseph Cook, Prime Minister of Australia 1913-1914

Vincent Stanley Melbourne Bruce, Prime Minister of Australia 1923-1929

Sir Earle Christmas Grafton Page, Prime Minister of Australia 1930-1939

Sir Robert Gordon Menzies, Prime Minister of Australia 1939-1941 & 1949-1966

Sir Arthur William Fadden, Prime Minister of Australia 1941

Sir John Grey Gorton, Prime Minister of Australia 1968-1971

Sir William McMahon, Prime Minister of Australia 1971-1972

Bob Hawke, Prime Minister of Australia

International Political Leaders

King Hussein, King of Jordan, deceased, 33rd Freemason

Yitzak Rabin , assassinated leader of Israel

Yassar Arafat, leader of the PLO

Prince Phillip, British Royalty

Duke of Kent, British Royalty

Winston Churchhill, British Leader

Religious Leaders

Billy Graham, World's most popular 'Christian' evangelist is a 33rd Degree Freemason

Norman Vincent Peale, 33rd Degree Freemason, ex Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of New York, Past Grand Prelate of the Knights Templar and Shriner. (now deceased)

Robert Schuller, 33rd Degree Freemason, Pastor of the Crystal Cathedral and host of the popular "Hour of Power" television programme

Oral Roberts, 33rd Degree Freemason, founder of Oral Roberts University

Jesse Jackson, 33rd Degree Prince Hall Freemason

Louis Farrahkan, leader of the Nation Of Islam

Geoffrey Fisher, Archbishop of Canterbury 1945-1961

Father Francisco Calvo, Jesuit Catholic priest who started Freemasonry in Costa Rica

G. Bromley Oxnam, 33rd Degree Freemason, friend of Billy Graham, head of the FCC churches

Mormons, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon cult

Hyrum Smith, brother of Joseph Smith

Brigham Young, 2nd leader of the Mormon cult

Sidney Rigdon, early Mormon

Heber C. Kimball, wished that all men were Freemasons

Spencer Kimball , closet Freemason, grandchild of Herber, friend of Norman Vincent Peale

Economic Leaders

Two of the World's largest international banking dynasties namely the Rothschilds and the Rockefeller family are both Masonic families. Their combined wealth is incalculable.

Leaders and Founders of Satanic Cults

Aliester Crowley, 33rd & 97th Degree Freemason, self proclaimed 666 Beast, taught human sacrafice, wicked Satan worshipper and master satanist of this century

Gerald B. Gardner, founder of the modern Wiccan (white witchcraft) revival

Dr. Wynn Westcott, member of the Societas Rosicruciana and founding member of the occult Order of the Golden Dawn

Other Famous Freemasons

Rich DeVos, 33 Degree Freemason, founder of the Amway Corporation
    Franz Anton Mesmer, practiced Mesmerism which led to Hypnotism
    George Bush, 33rd Degree Freemason, ex-president of the USA, ex-director of the CIA
    J. Edgar Hoover, 33rd Degree Freemason, Director of the FBI
    Walt Disney, founder of the Disney Corporation
    Giuseppe Mazzini, Italian Illuminati leader, friend of Albert Pike, founder of the Mafia

I think this should not happen, as then potentially you make cast members targets! At the end of the day it is not worth it. Sadly their are extremists out there that would most likely try and do something horrific. It is sad sign of the times we all live in!
    Conspiracy theorists are the real nut cases!
    Conspiracy theorists are the real nut cases!

WHO SAID THAT?!!!!!!! B-) ........................................................... ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, uhm, sorry forgot your user name, it is a well known fact that all those people were masons. Muhammad was not, he was just a bloodthirsty, sex-crazed thug.

Come, Mr Taliban, tally me banana.
  • Yes, uhm, sorry forgot your user name, it is a well known fact that all those people were masons. Muhammad was not, he was just a bloodthirsty, sex-crazed thug.

Come, Mr Taliban, tally me banana.

Cracking riposte - genius.

truth seekers - otherwise known as free thinkers - know what's really going on. anyone found that plane of the coast of australia yet?

No, not until they plant wreckage to hide the Rothschild's latest scam...

Nurse, bring the lithium!
    Murdock wrote:

YES!!!! Make this the gospel!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2014 Posts: 17,730
    Oh dearie me...this old chestnut in a thread started by a well-known troll that has somehow never been closed down. On the Taliban/Al-Qaeda angle, count me out. As for a Bond novel, now that might be different though it's probably best now to avoid this area altogether as someone will always take umbrage.
    and don't forget the Templars - the original terrorists.

They're still around mate ;)

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Templars
    and don't forget the Templars - the original terrorists.

They're still around mate ;)

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Templars

You're forgetting about these.
    roger-moore-ian-ogilvy-cast-in-the-saint-reboot.png

;-)
    edited September 2014 Posts: 17,730
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Sometimes you almost wish that Bond could fight these morons like he did Quantum or SPECTRE:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/11/opinion/cooper-quilliam-isis-mosul-takeover/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Yes, I'm writing something for the blog that involves just this. The threat to blow up the Mosul Dam and thereby flood Iraq struck me as very like what Max Zorin planned to do with Silicon Valley in AVTAK. And QoS has links there too I suppose...happily the Mosul Dam has been recovered from that ISIS lot of loonies. Interestingly, Saddam tried to have it blown up during the 2003 Allied invasion too.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Having Bone get rid of a few terrorists in a pre-title sequence would be fine.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 17,730
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Having Bone get rid of a few terrorists in a pre-title sequence would be fine.

Naming the terrorists as ISIS or Al-Qaeda or Boko Haram or whatever might not be, though. They would have to be just general Islamist terrorists I guess, but I can't really see them doing that either.

Probably too risky in today's climate and not how Eon does things - look at the ambivalent way that the Soviets were portrayed in Bond films during the Cold War for example.
    It wouldnt work on Bond..we will eventually sort them out in real life..they dont deserve major publicity...a bunch of cowards who hijack vehicles and drive them into people ??

Anyone could do that....any COWARD could do that.
    Sadly if they did directly address them by name? It would glorify them! Also it would put the crew and cast of future movies at severe risk on location filming possibly? That is how twisted these people are!
    Exactly......when does Bond need to fight cowards....NEVER.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Exactly......when does Bond need to fight cowards....NEVER.

Seconded my friend!
    I have an idea for an article on this at some point where I hope to go into more detail on jihadis and parallels with James Bond villainy of the past, and how they might be featured in a future Bond villain without actually referencing them as true jihadis.