The Football Thread

edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
Time to cheer or moan about the latest in the footie world.

Comments

• As an Ipswich Town fan, a mediocre team landlocked in the Championship for ten years I have nothing to cheer or moan about...or to look forward to (except of course next season)!!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited March 2011 Posts: 6,759
    Fan of RSC ANDERLECHT and AC SPARTA PRAGUE. Cheers.
  • Norwich won 3-2 against Bristol, with Norwich scoring 2 in the last 5 mins of the second half. If youre going to win, thats the way to do it...
    great this thread is back.and GG why you are sparta prague fan?
    anyway my favourite team is Chelsea.
    UTC,KTBFFH,CTID.... ooops i went in my fan mood
  • Quoting thegiantcookie: Norwich won 3-2 against Bristol, with Norwich scoring 2 in the last 5 mins of the second half. If youre going to win, thats the way to do it...
    Sickening, absolutely sickening [-(
  • Quoting TrumanLodge: Sickening, absolutely sickening [-(
    Wait, I got that wrong, Norwich won 3-1, which is even sweeter.
    :-D
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    The Players union dissolved. Players are now suing the owners for a variety of reasons. It looks like there will be no pro football over here next fall.

What? Why is everyone staring at me?
    I cannot believe that this Saturday's big Euro2012 match between Wales and England is only available on SKY and not BBC or ITV !!

This has really p****ed me off.
    I support ABERTAWE or should i say SWANSEA and i am praying that if we win all 8 of our remaining games will be in premership. Looks like its squeeky bum time between now and end of season
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes I support Leicester. They were going great guns. Started the year with 22 from 24 points, then went on a run that saw them lose 4 from 6. From 7th to 11th in the blink of an eye.
    Now we are one of about 6 teams chasing the top 6.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    blockquote>Quoting barryt007:
    I cannot believe that this Saturday's big Euro2012 match
    between Wales and England is only available on SKY and not BBC or ITV !!

This has really p****ed me off.

Too right. Although I'd rather pay the money to go and watch on Sky in a pub than suffer ITVs dismal coverage. At least its not on friday evening FFS. Another stunning innovation from Platini like his extra linesmen behind the goal.
    Try tapping in justin tv on pc at about 14.50 and you should be able to pick a link to a free site to watch the game
    No catch ?
    no catch but depending on what link you pick you may have to re fresh or shut down adverts, i use it when the swans are on sky sports
    So....literally just go to 'justin tv' ?
    justin.tv's a mugs game for big matches.
    Its OK for watching small teams (no offence largo) but you just spend half your time refreshing the link or having it freeze on you even if you can get a feed. Better to ensconce yourself in the corner of a hostelry with a foaming flaggon of ale for the duration.
    As said before it is a pain refreshing but if people are desperate to watch a bunch of over paid premership wife cheating idiots play Wales for free then it is 1 option to consider.
    Sometimes if your lucky you will only have to refresh 2 - 3 times during a game depending what link you pick
    To be honest I'm hoping we get turned over. Perhaps that might be enough to force the spectacularly inept old farts at the FA to actually do what every other country who embarassed themselves at the world cup did and bin the Italian clown who is just here to keep picking up his money. Mind you they would probably get Raymond 'Mystic Meg' Dommenech in to replace him they are that clueless.
  • Irish007Irish007 Dublin
    Big game for Ireland at home against Macedonia on Saturday night. 3 pts is a must to stay on course for 2nd spot and maybe to keep the pressure on the Ruskie's if they drop points away to Armenia which is a possiblity IMO.
    Good luck to all the Celtic countries this weekend
    Was anyone impressed by England? One of their better recent performances but lets be honest Wales are a very poor side (apologies to any Taffs) so hardly a cause for breaking out the Taittinger blanc de blanc. A top team would be putting at least 6 past them. I really can see any great cause for optimism whilst money grabbing Capello stays in charge as the bloke seems to have zero man management skills and his much vaunted tactical acumen is frankly laughable seeing as its taken him till now to give 4-3-3 a try, which every serious country was doing 8 months ago in the world cup.
  • One of England's better recent performances, yes, but tbh they could have had four or five.
    At least proper football is back at weekend !
    Quoting largo: At least proper football is back at weekend !
    yea and after that UCL.i cant wait to see Man.utd vs chelsea :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Australia beat Germany 2-1
    Alright so it was a friendly, but it's still a win.

^:)^
  • LudsLuds MIA
    So Ghana tied England?
    I have to say I'll cheer for any African nation over anyone non-Brazil. Much better football.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    C'mon Luds we don't say 'tied' in our virsion of football, we saw 'drew' ;-)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Bah! Tied is very much a hockey term that's true, but you'd never see a tie/draw in Football. They happen like once every 3-4 years.

P.S. Football with capital F stands for NFL ;)
    Quoting Luds: P.S. Football with capital F stands for NFL
    first time i heard.who is your fav. in NFL? mine is Bucs i hope there wont be lockout cause this could be the season when Bucs will explode.
    and i dont get to excited if someone beats someone in friendly both teams are not playing in full squad or excitement to play
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Hehe I honestly just put that as a joke. I like NFL, but I love soccer.
    I don't really follow a specific NFL team, I just follow the league in general and watch the best matchups. I dislike the Patriots.

For soccer, I tend to enjoy the African game more than the diving game (Spain/Portugal/Italy) but like most of it anyways.