What is your least favourite Brosnan flick ?

edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
For me it's DAD only for it's second half.
But personally i find all of Brosnan's films easy to watch.

And you ?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Honestly, TWINE. It's just horrible. Atleast DAD has a decent 1st half. TWINE has no redeeming feature whatsoever.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    I struggle to understand the hate for TWINE. I've watched it time and time again and just don't understand it. TWINE is my second-favorite Brosnan film after GE. I have to admit my least-favorite is probably TND because it bores me, but DAD is neck-and-neck with it.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Order from worst to "best"
    DAD
    TWINE
    TND
    GE
    Die Another Day - a film with great potential a great performance from Pierce (there I said it) but ultimately ends up pandering to the video game generation. Shame.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In order from best to worst:

1. GoldenEye
    2. The World Is Not Enough
    3. Tomorrow Never Dies
    4. Die Another Day
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    TWINE, an incompatible mixture of AVTAK meets OHMSS.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    DAD is killed by it's atrocious second half. TWINE may be more mediocre through the entire picture, but DAD has the single worst hour in franchise history.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Quoting Tubes: DAD is killed by it's atrocious second half. TWINE may be more mediocre through
    the entire picture, but DAD has the single worst hour in franchise history.

And that is why Tubes, I can never imagine EON producing a Bond film that will be in my opinion, worse than Die Another Day.
    Quoting Samuel001: And that is why Tubes, I can never imagine EON producing a Bond film that will
    be in my opinion, worse than Die Another Day.
    They already have in mine, at least regarding the "fun" factor.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 23
    Quoting CIS: I struggle to understand the hate for TWINE. I've watched it time and time again
    and just don't understand it. TWINE is my second-favorite Brosnan film after GE.
    I have to admit my least-favorite is probably TND because it bores me, but DAD
    is neck-and-neck with it.
    Agreed. The World Is Not Enough is easily Brosnan's 2nd best, after GoldenEye of course.

Anyway, Die Another Day is easily Brosnan's worst.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Has to be TWINE for me. Even DAD offers me more fun. Besides the PTS, Sophie and maybe the title track, I find little in this film enjoyable.
  • Quite like TWINE myself aswell. DAD is my least favorite movie in the entire franchise so..yeah. It's just trying too hard and fails at nearly everything.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    hands down it's Die Another Day for me... the movie started off ok with a good PTS, but once the Madonna song hit - it was the signal of the start of it's downward slide into hell.. TWINE had it's silly moments - but IMO, they pale in comparison to crap in Die Another Day..

my ranking..from Best to Worst (of Brosnan)

Goldeneye
    The World Is Not Enough
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    Die Another Day
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I have always loved Goldeneye, and think it was very well done. The score is very unique and at first I was unsure I liked it, but it has always grown on me.
  • I'm going to be blasphemous and say GoldenEye. To my mind, TND is a guilty pleasure, TWINE is mixed and DAD possesses a certain level of so-bad-it's-funny value. GE, on the other hand, has always been a real chore for me to watch, especially in the second half. It's not that it's bad, it's just incredibly uninvolving, and I generally find myself tuning out by the time Bond gets to Cuba.
    Worst to best for me:

DAD
    TND
    TWINE
    GE
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I find all of them pretty enjoyable. The only one which is worser then the others is DAD which is great all the way to Island. Somewhere frommtou see the Ice palace for the first time the movie just sinks faster then Titanic, unfortunaly.
  • I love them all although I have to be in the right mood for DAD. The second half CGI still irks me, which puts it below the others.
  • TWINE is my least favorite Pierce film, its painful at times to watch. I like the pre credits even though its a bit long, the underground scene when he first runs into Renard even though some of the dialogue is horrible and Elektra's final scene where she dares Bond to shoot her. After she dies I turn the film off, the sub scene has no excitement except for Denise's wet t-shirt and the final scene and joke is the worst since the Moore era.
    TWINE. It is probably the dullest of the Bond movies. There is absolutely not excitement in any of the action scenes apart from the PTS (and I'm not talking about the boat chase, but the part in Spain).
    It's a tossup between TWINE and DAD. They both alternate turns occupying the runner-up spot for worst film in the series behind TMWTGG.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited March 2011 Posts: 987
    It's a really difficult question...um let's think... once I've weighed up all the pros and cons I would have to say...yeah it's...then again...no my minds made up...is DAD the correct answer? :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 23,530
    Quoting PIERCEBOND: After she dies I turn the film off, the sub scene has no excitement except for
    Denise's wet t-shirt and the final scene and joke is the worst since the Moore
    era.
    I agree about the wet t-shirt. It feels like the gratuitous pokey nipple service is an apology for the weak script we’re forced to indulge. I disagree about the “Christmas comes only once a year” joke though. Always puts a smile on my face! However, speaking of terrible jokes, the final lines (can’t even bring myself to calling them jokes) of DAD, they’re the worst a humble man can endure. I mean, what’s with the “I like it when you’re baaaaaaaaaad” – “especially when you’re goooooooooooood” rubbish? Someone or some alien decided the film should end on the intellectual level of a two year old, or what?
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Quoting DarthDimi: “Christmas comes only once a year”
    Finally, someone that doesn't actually mind that line :)
    Best to worst:
    GE
    TWINE
    TND
    DAD
    every single one!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    TWINE is the worst, hands down. GE is the best, but still quite flawed.
    DAD Is the worst IMO. there is a lot to recommend about the first half of the film but it goes downhill the second the invisible Aston Martin is introduced.
  • DAD just beats TWINE to that particular award, mostly thanks to Jinx and Zao. TWINE had a superb plot that just wasn't used well enough, while DAD had a poor plot that was made even worse by Stephens, Yune etc.
    Help me out here. My least favorite is "Goldeneye" because I can't get passed the PTS where Bond jumps of the runway and flies into an airplane that is several feet ahead of him. I know Bond films aren't meant to be realistic, but come on! Kurt Russell did more believable stunts in "Escape from L.A."! Can anyone help me get passed this?