Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Hobbit will be great. What a year 2012 will be!
    I'm not sure what to make of Prometheus... I looks good but, I don't know, expected more...
  • No Alien(s) from the first one, but he's picked a good story to tell. The Space Jockey. Scott was right, no one in the other movies ever went there, where did he come from, why did he have an alien in his tummy?

As far as I know, it's all about creating life where there is no life...

The atmosphere of this movie takes us straight back to the look and feel of Alien, and for me, that is good enough. Can't wait.
    My most anticipated movies of 2012:

1. Skyfall
    2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Prometheus
    5. Brave

What are yours?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

1. Skyfall
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Prometheus
    5. Brave

What are yours?

IMO the little gem that 'The Raid' will be trumps all of those movies... except Skyfall :)>-
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,782

1. Skyfall
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Prometheus
    5. Brave

What are yours?

IMO the little gem that 'The Raid' will be trumps all of those movies... except Skyfall :)>-

Can't wait for that film - just old skool John Woo notched up to warp 10.

Although I'm looking fwd to Prometheus, the old ad boys from creative land will show the world how to do sci-fi. Scott's only made two and what a two they are. Here's hoping for a third classic.

Sorry just watching TV - and Red John is back.

oh kate oh kate will you marry me in that pvc catsuit please please pretty please with sugar onnatopp

• edited December 2011 Posts: 5,767
    Prometheus looks as much animation as Avatar, but I guess my curiosity is just too big to skip it ;) .

Can't wait for that film - just old skool John Woo notched up to warp 10.
    My, that trailer is quite a statement! Thanks guys!
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 12,837

1. Skyfall
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Prometheus
    5. Brave

What are yours?

1: skyfall

2: the dark knight rises

3: men in black 3

4: the expendables 2

5: (not exactly 2012 but just into 2013) a good day to die hard

• Kate looking hot and explaining the movie she's in but who cares, I like the suit. Better than Catwoman's.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,416
    Litle remember:

sherlock_holmes_a_game_of_shadows_15021122_ps_2_s-low.jpg
    Sherlock Holmes 2. Both Mi4 and disapointed a litle bit, this one release 6 days earlier. Both deliever close to $ 2,3 million, but Mi4 in 11 days whyle Sherlock Holmes needed 17 days. Sherlock Holmes make a rank drop from the 3th to the 6th place that time. Mi4 moved from the 1th place to the second. Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 who also released on 15 December 2011 deliever $ 2,9 million. It is the new number 1 moved from the 6th place.The first Sherlock Holmes delieverd $ 2.8 in 2010 in the same time. The goodnews be that with $ 2,3 at the moment Sherlock Holmes 2 can't be calld a flop. X-men first class whas flop who at the end totaly deliever $ 1.8 million.

tinker_tailor_soldier_spy_movie_poster.jpg
    (16+) Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. The movie not doing very well, mabey this because it get a very low theater count and (60's) Thrillers/arthouse be dificult thing to get people exited to see it at the big screen. The movie is 127 minutes (2h07minutes)

5 January:

(16+) J. Edgar. From the directer of Invictus (Clint Eastwood). Starring Leonardo Dicaprio, Naomi Watts & Judi Dench (and she playing the mom of the lead chacter ;) ). Screentime: 137 minutes (2h17minutes)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Edgar_Hoover

(16+) Trespass. With Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman. Directed by Joel Schumacher (Batman Forever). With 91 minutes include credits a bit short, but in 2002 Joel Schumacher made Phone Booth a movie of 81 minutes. For Andrzej Bartkowiak it is his comeback after 11 years. He whas the directer of photography of movies like Speed (1994) and Thirteen Days (2000). Get a kind of Firewall dejavu (2006. Harrisonford)

12 January:

The Darkest Hour. From the directer of Wanted (2008)

The Iron Lady. 105 minutes.

19 January:

(16+) English langue remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Dutch: De vrouw die met vuur speelde) starring Daniel Craig. The movie get limited theater count of 30 and having a screentime of 158 minutes (2h38minutes). The movie official plant to be for 12 January.

The Lady. Michelle Yeoh (TMND) and David Thewlis (Harry Potter 3). 145 minutes (2h25minutes)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The smaller the length of a film, the less damage Joel Schumacher can do.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Lead character of 'Bourne Legacy' will be named 'Aaron Cross.'

+ First pic of Renner as Cross in the article :

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Look-Jeremy-Renner-Bourne-Legacy-Plus-He-Gets-Name-28670.html
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Aaron Cross as his name has been out there for a while but it seems to be official now. Good news.

This quote "For fans of the franchise, [The Bourne Legacy] has that same ticking clock, but it's a new programme and new characters" makes the film sound like 24!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,416
    Remember: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) Theater count is changed to 103, the earlier 30 possible be for a limited time between 12 and 19 January.

The movie deliever 726,000 and that's not bad with same theater count of Sherlock Holmes 2 who started on 15 December. Sherlock Holmes 2 started with 690.000 , 100 theater count, now having a theater count of 103 and almoost deliever 4 million in 6 weeks. If this contune this be Daniel Craig his first none Bond movie where he playing a lead chacter who don't flop.

Released on 26 January 2012

My Week With Marilyn. Also starring Emma Watson (Harry Potter)

2 February 2012

The Descendants. George Clooney.

Jack and Jill. After some time Katie Holmes is back. Also starring Alpacino.

8 February 2012

The Muppets. Besides that there be people who get child feelings from it, the Dutch version wil doing very well with the discussions about Sesamstreet (and 2 of the voice actors) wil make this movie a big succes i think. With 103 minutes mabey a bit long.

9 February 2012

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. The movie official plant to be for 8 March.

16 February 2012

Hugo. From the directer of The Departed and producer of Boardwalk Empire. With Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes 2) and Ben Kingsley.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance aka Ghost Rider 2. Nicolas Cage.

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. This is a sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) starring The Rock and Michael Caine. From the directer of Cats & Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore.

First trailer for 'the hunter', starring Willem Dafoe and Sam Neill..... looks really good !!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/thehunter/

edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    No teaser poster yet but a teaser trailer is here.

The Bourne Legacy - There Was Never Just One:

Samuel001 wrote:
    No teaser poster yet but a teaser trailer is here.

The Bourne Legacy - There Was Never Just One:

58004.jpg

I'm glad it was released alongside the teaser tailer, makes sense and seems this film is raring to go for August! Hope it's good as the trailer is only average in my opinion.
    Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter trailer

<url>
    That movie looks amazing. Don't take offense, but how well known is Abe Lincoln in Europe and around the world?
    I think many people know his name if nothing else.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I think many people know his name if nothing else.

Haha, well its a completely true story, the vampire killing :P
    I'm sure many already know but Bay will return for Transformers 4 due for release on 29th June 2014. :((
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm sure many already know but Bay will return for Transformers 4 due for release on 29th June 2014. :((

If you could mute the dialogue and cut all the scenes that don't involve action, they'd be perfect. Haha
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

I agree Samuel. Michael needs to get his talentless butt out of the directing business. He's stinking up the place.
    Not only that, it doesn't help they're alwful films and they earn the money that they do.

I wouldn't put it past anyone that we could one day be celebrating 50 years of Transformers, just as we have Bond. Why would anyone stop these films from being made?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Not only that, it doesn't help they're alwful films and they earn the money that they do.

I wouldn't put it past anyone that we could one day be celebrating 50 years of Transformers, just as we have Bond. Why would anyone stop these films from being made?
    Samuel001 wrote:

The Transformers films(like all Bay films) are about guns, choppas, and gunfire and explosions. Bar none. They are not intellectual films at all, and so they will always have a place with audiences that just want a movie they don't have to pay attention to just to enjoy it. Sadly, this is a large section of moviegoers.
    the bourne legacy looks ok. that said I never saw a single Bourne film.
    Risico007 wrote:
    the bourne legacy looks ok. that said I never saw a single Bourne film.

:-O How on earth have you managed to survive on Mars?! In all seriousness, you are missing out. Give the three(AND ONLY THREE!) a watch, then you will see why there is outrage over this outlandish "continuation".