MOD Appreaction and thanks

edited March 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 66
Hello to all, a few hours ago members of this board had to endure some profane spamming, and that's putting it mildly. As I stated in another thread, the MOD's here catch a lot of flack, but when we needed them they came through for us. So I started this tread to say thanks, and for anyone else who wanted to do the same. This will more than likely be a temporary thread, but for this occasion they deserve it. Thanks to those who flagged this the spammer, and to the mod's who have made his/her presence none existent for us. Keep up the good work.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, thank you to the mods for what must have been a tedious and unending clean-up job. I don't know whether the threat is gone for good, but this time above all others the moderators and administrators stood fast against the vulgarity, and thanks to the members of the forum employing the Ian Fleming Maneuver, the spammer was successfully dispatched.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I concur in the words! The mods are doing a great job in times of crisis.

As Adele sang:

"We will stand tall, and face it all together"
    Well done to the staff team.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Although I wasn't around for the incident, I would like to thank those members who had the good sense and courtesy to contact the mod team.
    The team work from all is much appreciated.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The irony of course is that there's already a Mod appreciation thread so....

Mods get this locked and a bollocking for dkem91!!!!
    I thought that yesterday's events deserved a special temporary thread due to the circumstances. I have no doubt this will be taken down, but it should, it's only relevant to yesterday's events. I was unaware of another appreciation thread and apologize for starting a similar one.
    I am aprreciative as well
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thank you all Mods and Admins. :)

To add some info. Early this morning the problem was dealt with swiftly and very quickly. what took the spammers hours was literally removed in minutes.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Murdock wrote:
    To add some info. Early this morning the problem was dealt with swiftly and very quickly. what took the spammers hours was literally removed in minutes.

Thanks for this. Having missed, what I imagine was the worst of it - three hours was enough for me - it's nice to know it came to an end with ease.

Needless to say, thanks mods, for a while many thought none existed.
    Ugh, I don't know what went up after I left last night. But I had to throw in the towel at a certain point. Disgusting. I appreciate the mods and thank them for everything they do, but is there a way to implement an 'ignore' feature, just for instances like last night where there was a prolonged attack and it brought the site to a standstill.
    Indeed, for that time the forum was dead, so you could argue the troll won. That was the real shame.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Indeed, for that time the forum was dead, so you could argue the troll won. That was the real shame.

No, there was always members on here fighting the good fight and flagging, I know I was for almost all of it. We are here, he isn't: That's a victory.
    For now, we win but you know, I get the feeling one day he'll return and we'll have to fight again. Until that day then. For now, victory.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    For now, we win but you know, I get the feeling one day he'll return and we'll have to fight again. Until that day then. For now, victory.

His account (the RENEGADE one) still isn't banned anyway. But yes, we all know he will return.

I feel like I am in Haddonfield, Illinois and every few months is halloween.

*Pat yourself on the back if you get the reference*
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:

He will return, of that I'm (unfortunately) sure. If he hasn't already... He craves for attention! I don't know what happened here tonight, in fact I'm happy I didn't witness it, but I can imagine based on previous occurrences. So, again, thank you mod team for keeping this place clean.
    Yes thank you to all the mods. There are some really pathetic people in this world aren't there? Oh well
    Sandy wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

He will return, of that I'm (unfortunately) sure. If he hasn't already... He craves for attention! I don't know what happened here tonight, in fact I'm happy I didn't witness it, but I can imagine based on previous occurrences. So, again, thank you mod team for keeping this place clean.

Yes, think the usual, except that he kept bouncing around between various accounts reaching at least five or six before most were deleted, long after the most sickening images you could image were filling almost every thread on the main page (I won't go into what they were, as it is disgusting). What I wouldn't give to meet this guy in public...
    ^^ Well, you never will since cowards like him are unlikely to step outside their basements or padded cells. A pity they have access to internet though and aren't talking their meds.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The mods team owns. Thanks all of you, this is a classy and organized place thanks to you, guys!
    Indeed. Thanks mods and admins. ;)
    champagne.jpg
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    That was horrendous last night , and it felt like forever but yea thanks mods for taking them down.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    After how many hours did the clean up begin? It sounds like at least five hours of hell had to be endured.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    thanks you to the Mods for taking quick action...it is much appreciated
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Samuel001 wrote:
    After how many hours did the clean up begin? It sounds like at least five hours of hell had to be endured.

I think that they had begun to clean it up by this morning.
    Samuel001 wrote:

It ended after midnight. I'm not sure when it started.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    See, I get trolling and being a massive penis on a site to wind people up but to create multiple accounts and do it just seems like a massive waste of time and effort on his part. Is he THAT disgruntled from the 1st time he got banned? His life must be pretty crappy to pull off the off-colour stunts he subjected us all to.
    Different time zones maybe? I'm in the UK, so it started just before 11pm and by 1am I'd had enough and left.
  • CIACIA
    Yes
    dkem91 wrote:
    Hello to all, a few hours ago members of this board had to endure some profane spamming, and that's putting it mildly. As I stated in another thread, the MOD's here catch a lot of flack, but when we needed them they came through for us. So I started this tread to say thanks, and for anyone else who wanted to do the same. This will more than likely be a temporary thread, but for this occasion they deserve it. Thanks to those who flagged this the spammer, and to the mod's who have made his/her presence none existent for us. Keep up the good work.

Yes, thank you. It was ugly last night.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    he/she probably lives in it's parents basement and has nothing better to do.
    So in USA He started around 5:00 PM and kept going on until Midnight...So this troll was on it for 6 hours. L-)